Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20a9f42d9b89cbea303cb4d8957b9f11.jpg
It's a micro hdmi port with a kind of plastic cradle around it that pushes down with light pressure. Makes it much more efficient putting it into the dock than just trying to eyeball it.

It's actually USB-C which means if you want to you can get a USB-C charger cable if you want to take it somewhere else to charge without having to pull out the adapter that came with it.

Guys...we're getting a new zelda and a brand new mario in the same year. on top of mario kart + splatoon 2. This 1st year is already shaping up to be way better than wii u.

If they also release a metroid game I'm in. But until then I still have Wii U games to get through. It kinda sucks owning all 3 platforms. But I can see the Ssitch potentially being my favourite because of games like Zelda and Metroid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zelda will be GotY easily (Horizon is a close contender)

The WiiU handles it beautifully

I expect the Switch version to be even better

Same here I'm thinking Zelda Game of the Year! Then a close second Horizon Zero Dawn. But we still have Mass Effect to be released. This year is shaping up nicely indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semi-off topic, but I ended returning the Switch I ordered to Target. Customer service dudes were pretty shocked and disappointed...I didn't know this (and maybe this is just Target's policy) but anything that has memory in it that is returned can NOT just be put back out and resold, even if it wasn't open. I can't remember exactly what they said, but I think they said it has to go back to Nintendo for them to check it out to make sure it was not used.

Anybody know if this is the policy at Best Buy/Gamestop/other retailers as well?

Last edited:
Semi-off topic, but I ended returning the Switch I ordered to Target. Customer service dudes were pretty shocked and disappointed...I didn't know this (and maybe this is just Target's policy) but anything that has memory of it that is returned can NOT just be put back out and resold, even if it wasn't open. I can't remember exactly what they said, but I think they said it has to go back to Nintendo for them to check it out to make sure it was not used.

Anybody know if this is the policy at Best Buy/Gamestop/other retailers as well?

Interesting. I mean I get it. And I'd believe it, but hard for me to believe at the same time.

Not sure on the return policies of the others either.

And for the screens scratching, get a screen protector ASAP. I had my glass screen protector arrive the same day as my Switch. Placed it before even setting it up. Looks phenomenal. And all disasters averted.

The 'having games saved on internal memory and no way to transfer' thing is BS though. When I beat Zelda - and if I ever decide to get a new console (ie. special edition, etc.) in the future, I hope that's fixed because that's really ***** of Nintendo to do.

Yeah, but Nintendo left themselves an opening when they prefaced their statement with "At this time..." :)

Would love to have kept mine to play some Zelda, but I can't really justify it since I don't have time to game much anymore.

Out of curiosity, I checked Craigslist. There are 402 Nintendo Switches for sale in my neck of the woods (Metro DMV area).

Yeah, but Nintendo left themselves an opening when they prefaced their statement with "At this time..." :)

Would love to have kept mine to play some Zelda, but I can't really justify it since I don't have time to game much anymore.

Out of curiosity, I checked Craigslist. There are 402 Nintendo Switches for sale in my neck of the woods (Metro DMV area).

Yeah, I get that 'at this time' part, but it's just kinda like ..... 'You couldn't have had a plan for that BEFORE you released the console.' Again, not saying that I hate the console, etc. etc. It's just a few little details that bug me. But man, I'm super happy with the system. I'm definitely happy to sell the PS4 and stick with this.

I hear you about the gaming time though. And I think that's part of my problem. My PS4 collects dust, and honestly, the Switch will probably get there too, but since this is new and fresh in so many ways, I want to get in on the 'ground floor' and invest some time.

By the way, did anyone else notice how most of the online features won't be available until after the "free" period? Most of it won't be coming until Fall, even the mobile app will supposedly becoming at the end of Summer--and that app is supposed to control voice chat.

awesome. Canada Post driver stole my friend's Switch.

the retards putting on their straps incorrectly deserve to have their Switches removed from their possession.

crowbcat is just typical crock clickbait youtuber compile all clickbaits on youtube, nothing to see here. Let's get real, what do you do when got hardware defect? First, act like human being and ask for replacement. Second, purposely destroy a hardware and show it off on youtube. Because those sweet money and views. It's kinda sad , mass media filled with lie and social media filled with deception. Both are garbage.

Nintendo has not said anything about it yet. It is a design flaw but there is ways you can prevent it from scratching like having a screen protector. Also by slowly docking it straight down. There are other ways but the was the simplest way for me. Does suck that Nintendo did not think this through.

they probably were like "meh, it's only the bezel that gets scratched"

I didn't see the whole 12 minute video posted above about the switch launch issues, but just wondering if they mention on there if the problems show them themselves immediately after they started using their console or after a few hours of play? So far my Switch is not having any of those issues but if anything does start happening, hopefully its within the store return period.

Back