Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pro Controller + Big screen really helps.
In my opinion, it's a must.

This game is not fun playing undocked on the small 6" screen.
When you're trying to find fungus growing in a forest, when you're looking for flat portions on the cliffs to replenish your stamina from climbing, when you're trying to aim at a Hinox's eye, when you're trying to aim at the Korok's flying balloons or acorns, when you're trying to look for the locations of the pictures in your Sheikah Slate, etc, the small screen is atrocious. What a waste of time.

With games like Tetris, Street Fighter, Racing games... it should be fine.

In my opinion, it's a must.

This game is not fun playing undocked on the small 6" screen.
When you're trying to find fungus growing in a forest, when you're looking for flat portions on the cliffs to replenish your stamina from climbing, when you're trying to aim at a Hinox's eye, when you're trying to aim at the Korok's flying balloons or acorns, when you're trying to look for the locations of the pictures in your Sheikah Slate, etc, the small screen is atrocious. What a waste of time.

With games like Tetris, Street Fighter, Racing games... it should be fine.
I played a while with the small screen and it is ok to play on it when on the go but I agree it's much better on the big screen.

Like many of you are saying, I'm in awe of Zelda. I've had my glider for a while. I'm making my way to get my memories back - and I've some how detoured for hours now literally just roaming around. I'm taking my time with this one and absolutely love it.

New docks were up on Nintendo's site and apparently 'sold out'....

I read a review that said they were horribly packaged and to not waste your time with the first batch.

Anyone having any other hardware concerns yet?

I think I'm gonna need to buy that strategy guide to 100% Zelda. I always throw a bomb at night when a group of Bokoblins are sleeping :lol

New docks were up on Nintendo's site and apparently 'sold out'....

I read a review that said they were horribly packaged and to not waste your time with the first batch.

Anyone having any other hardware concerns yet?

I've noticed the left controller connection issue--last night caused a problem with a motion control part in a shrine where I ended up having to restart the puzzle. From what I understand, the bluetooth module has an antenna in the right controller but the left one is attached to the board which is why it gets interference.
I'm curious if Nintendo is going to do anything about the issue, or the issue some people have with the docking station scratching the screen. I haven't taken it out of the docking station much so I haven't tested that issue.

I've noticed the left controller connection issue--last night caused a problem with a motion control part in a shrine where I ended up having to restart the puzzle. From what I understand, the bluetooth module has an antenna in the right controller but the left one is attached to the board which is why it gets interference.
I'm curious if Nintendo is going to do anything about the issue, or the issue some people have with the docking station scratching the screen. I haven't taken it out of the docking station much so I haven't tested that issue.

Yeah, that sucks about the connection part. These things definitely get me a bit worried about mine. As for the dock and scratching, thankfully, I've had no issues and I take mine out on a regular basis. Granted, I have a screen protect on and I'm also careful when I return it to the dock. Thankfully, no scratching on the non-glass parts either. So either, I'm being careful enough or my dock is a 'good' one. Regardless, I'm thankful.

Side note: Got a new case today. I'm not going to use the one from the Zelda bundle. I got a black one from PDP. I love the material. It's very simple, but gets the job done - it's the best looking case of all that I'm seen to, which was honestly, the biggest reason I got it. :lol

I've done just over half of everything in Zelda. It's one of those games u play and realise several hours have passed without realising. It really is one of the best games ever IMO.

Don't buy a PDP official screen protection kit. I tried using one, and it's an absolute dust magnet. On top of that, it doesn't even line up with the light sensors on the screen.

I'll try returning it and getting one of those tempered glass protectors. I've heard those are good.

And for the screens scratching, get a screen protector ASAP. I had my glass screen protector arrive the same day as my Switch. Placed it before even setting it up. Looks phenomenal. And all disasters averted.

The 'having games saved on internal memory and no way to transfer' thing is BS though. When I beat Zelda - and if I ever decide to get a new console (ie. special edition, etc.) in the future, I hope that's fixed because that's really ***** of Nintendo to do.

The Switch does look phenomenal indeed. I cancelled my pre order though. I'm not in any rush even though it's seriously killing me not having it. I still have my Wii U Which sad to say never really got used lol. But still have those games to play Pikmin 3 Zombie U lol. Hell at least I have the classics also from previous machines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else think Botw is pretty easy? Even the shrines seem easy. Still enjoying the game, I'm on death mountain at the moment.

Easy to pick up. But not an easy game by any means. In fact Zelda games usually take 100 hours plus to complete fully. The games are usually have an amazing learning curve. They make the game so anyone can pick it up but that's about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I am only a casual gamer, mostly because of lack of time but a lack of skill also comes into play.

This Zelda game is probably the most fun I've ever had with a video game. I am not disappointed that I picked up a Switch just for this game alone.

Thunderblight ganon sure was hard after I figured his phase patterns. I did die around 10 times tho till I figured out his pattern. Managed to kill him without getting a hit a single time in the end.

Back