New Nintendo HD Console?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just because the wii sold the most, doesnt mean it was the best.

As far as what system was/is the best, that's a matter of opinion and personal preference. "Console Wars" are based soley on numbers. Not opinions. Whichever company sells the most systems before the next generation of consoles start coming out is the winner.

8-Bit "Console Wars" Winner: NES
16-Bit "Console Wars" Winner: SNES
32-Bit "Console Wars" Winner: PS
128-Bit "Console Wars" Winner: PS2
Current "Console Wars" Winner: Wii
1st "Handheld Wars" Winner: Nintendo Gameboy
2nd "Handheld Wars" Winner: Nintendo DS

As far as what system was/is the best, that's a matter of opinion and personal preference. "Console Wars" are based soley on numbers. Not opinions. Whichever company sells the most systems before the next generation of consoles start coming out is the winner.

8-Bit "Console Wars" Winner: NES
16-Bit "Console Wars" Winner: SNES
32-Bit "Console Wars" Winner: PS
128-Bit "Console Wars" Winner: PS2
Current "Console Wars" Winner: Wii
1st "Handheld Wars" Winner: Nintendo Gameboy
2nd "Handheld Wars" Winner: Nintendo DS

Eehhhhh...doubt it. So the wii sold the most due to parents, grandparents, children, etc. But in my mind the winner is where the gamers game. And sadly Nintendo didn't really cater to us this gen despite a hand full of games.

So they sold the most, but I still feel they had the weakest library of games and the worst console in terms of features, etc. A lot of gamers would agree with me.

Eehhhhh...doubt it. So the wii sold the most due to parents, grandparents, children, etc. But in my mind the winner is where the gamers game. And sadly Nintendo didn't really cater to us this gen despite a hand full of games.

So they sold the most, but I still feel they had the weakest library of games and the worst console in terms of features, etc. A lot of gamers would agree with me.

This kind of reads like "I know the Rangers won the World Series, but the Yankees were the better team, so they're the champs as far as I'm concerned."

And you can't just count console sales--Wii has the worst library of games, which are also cheaper. While stuff like Wii Sports have sold extremely well, there's way less Wii games that are successful.

This kind of reads like "I know the Rangers won the World Series, but the Yankees were the better team, so they're the champs as far as I'm concerned."

It's what you're bringing to it.

So the wii had the best numbers in terms of sales. That doesn't mean it's the winner. This was the first "console war" were Nintendo backed off and didn't compete because it couldn't directly. The Gamecube got crushed last gen so they had to switch up their strategy or forever be buried.

The wii was hundreds cheaper and aimed at casual everyday people...add that to the gimmick of motion controls, and yeah it's going to sell more. But for majority of gamers, it's the system sitting there just collecting dust due to lack of 3rd party games and games that interest us. Funny because the gamecube suffered from the same thing. Nintendo quality titles were too far and few between.

Not to mention it hit harder when the novelty of the motion controls wore off....like hey Nintendo WTF are my games?

They never came. :mad:

So the wii had the best numbers in terms of sales. That doesn't mean it's the winner.

Yes. It does. :slap

There's no argument to be made here. "Console Wars" are won and lost based on the number of consoles sold. Period. There's no room for opinion. It's based strictly on numbers.

Worldwide sales figures
Wii – 84.64 million as of December 31, 2010
Xbox 360 – 50 million as of January 6, 2011
PlayStation 3 – 50 million as of April 15, 2011

Winner: Nintendo Wii

While stuff like Wii Sports have sold extremely well, there's way less Wii games that are successful.

:confused:

Wii: 80 games that have sold over 1 million units (13 not including Wii Sports that sold over 5 million units).

I'd say that's pretty successful, especially compared to the competition.

Xbox 360: 52 games that have sold over 1 million units (Only 4 that sold over 5 Million units).

PS3: 24 games that have sold over 1 million units (Only 2 that sold over 5 Million units).

There's no argument to be made here. "Console Wars" are won and lost based on the number of consoles sold. Period. There's no room for opinion. It's based strictly on numbers.

I can't believe this even needs to be said.

A "console war" is, in fact, based TOTALLY on SALES.

Wii won this generation. End of story.

Exactly, people who know nothing of games. Kids and families don't count. I want Nintendo to focus on us again, not infants and senior citizens.

They spend money so yes... They do :slap

It doesn't matter how much of a "gamer" you are, if you give money to nintendo in some form or another then yes you do count. :hi5:

Worldwide sales figures

Wii: 80 games that have sold over 1 million units (13 not including Wii Sports that sold over 5 million units).

Xbox 360: 52 games that have sold over 1 million units (Only 4 that sold over 5 Million units).

PS3: 24 games that have sold over 1 million units (Only 2 that sold over 5 Million units).

Yeah but...

Wii Play (27.38 million)
Wii Sports Resort (26.35 million)
Wii Fit (22.61 million)
Wii Fit Plus (17.74 million)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (7.09 million)
Wii Party (5.07 million)
Just Dance 2 (5 million)

Don't count.

I bet Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft count them. The bottom line is money and that is what they care about. So determining who is making the most of it determines who the "winner" is. Which is Nintendo like it or not.

I bet Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft count them. The bottom line is money and that is what they care about. So determining who is making the most of it determines who the "winner" is. Which is Nintendo like it or not.

Well I like the wii, but I don't. I as a gamer don't think it's fair to stack the wii with the other HD consoles. It's like comparing apples and oranges, they both play games but are marketed to two completely different audiences.

Wii has a handfull of solid games and it pushed motion controls, that's about all it did. Everything else about it turns me off. It's like comparing base model affordable cars to luxury lines...it makes no sense to me.

Worldwide sales figures

The 360 outsold the PS3?Granted I have and love both but color me surprised.

Well I like the wii, but I don't. I as a gamer don't think it's fair to stack the wii with the other HD consoles. It's like comparing apples and oranges, they both play games but are marketed to two completely different audiences.

Wii has a handfull of solid games and it pushed motion controls, that's about all it did. Everything else about it turns me off. It's like comparing base model affordable cars to luxury lines...it makes no sense to me.

I will admit the only reason I got the Wii was for the handful of games that would only be available for it. Every now and then they'll release a game that is only for Wii that I'll want but it usually gets no play time otherwise unless it's from my mom and sisters who play Mario Party 8 on it.

Don't forget that Nintendo was MAKING money off the Wii while MS and Sony were initially selling at a loss and recouping through the games.

I will admit the only reason I got the Wii was for the handful of games that would only be available for it. Every now and then they'll release a game that is only for Wii that I'll want but it usually gets no play time otherwise unless it's from my mom and sisters who play Mario Party 8 on it.

Exactly my point though. That's a lot of gamers. They bought it to get those few exclusives from Nintendo, otherwise their kids or other family members play it...not them.

The wii should be graded separate from the 360 and PS3...which are more rivals, the wii is in a league by itself, for good and bad.

In a discussion about "what fruit sold the best this year" that comparison is completely acceptable.

:lol:lol:lol

That's funny?:cuckoo:

Nope, they're all 7th generation video game consoles competing for purchases. And the wii, despite being less powerful and less of a "hardcore gaming machine" has outsold the PS360s by some 30 million units :)

Exactly my point though. That's a lot of gamers. They bought it to get those few exclusives from Nintendo, otherwise their kids or other family members play it...not them.

The wii should be graded separate from the 360 and PS3...which are more rivals, the wii is in a league by itself, for good and bad.

That's funny?:cuckoo:

Sorry-for-the-________.jpg

Nintendo Confirms New Console, Wii successor revealed and playable at E3 this June

https://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/116/1163764p1.html

Nintendo Japan tonight confirmed it will release a new game console in calendar year 2012. It will be announced and playable at E3 this coming June.

"We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles," the company said in a brief statement.

Nintendo did not reveal any additional details. The Wii console to date has sold over 86 million units worldwide since launch in 2006.

Back