Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t see it as a big enough change to upgrade if you have a switch already. I went to the Nintendo NY store after work to get the Metroid Dread collectors edition and it was sold out. Should’ve taken the day off.
I actually just barely managed to pick up the new Switch at Target today. I figured it was worth a buy, because I've been gaming on an original PS Vita and OLED screens are just beautiful to behold :drool.

I didn't see any copies of Metroid, either. I believe the ****** scalpers bought most of them. Even the Amibos have sold out, and risen drastically in price on Ebay and the Amazon marketplace.

I was able to get the amiibo at the Nintendo NY store. They had the new switch there too.
Dang, I drove all the way down to the Clifton, NJ Target for the Switch, I didn't even think of checking the Nintendo store (I assumed they just sold out). Good to know about the amiibo, though. I'll drop by tomorrow and pick one up if they still have it.

I am the owner of a Switch and I must admit that I am very positively surprised that many new games that are being created on the PC have a port on the Switch - I recommend it to everyone.
I wish the Switch was suitable for playing strategy games

I decided to take a low-light picture of the version 1 and OLED Switches (for reference, the V1 Switch is above, and the OLED Switch is below). It didn't turn out so well, but you can still see the difference in contrast, as the OLED Switch is just a lot more vibrant in its display. Right now, I currently have the V1 Switch docked, while I'm using the OLED Switch as a handheld for certain 2D games (e.g. Metroid Dread, Thunder Force AC, Dragon Ball Fighterz).

As for my V1 Switch, I'm also currently using the mClassic to upscale Switch games to 1440p on an HDR monitor. Since Nintendo didn't actually release a Switch Pro, the mClassic can give you near "pro" results on dock mode with certain games. Also pictured is the Sennhsiser ie8. The Switch has fairly good stereo sound, so I'd recommend using it with headphones if you're in handheld mode.

Switches.jpg

It has Bluetooth now so you can use wireless headphones. Was able to order Metroid dread special edition off of Best Buy online though I seen reviews of them shipping it in a bubble mailer and arriving damaged.

It has Bluetooth now so you can use wireless headphones. Was able to order Metroid dread special edition off of Best Buy online though I seen reviews of them shipping it in a bubble mailer and arriving damaged.
That sucks. I've been hearing that the stores sometimes have restocks but don't readily advertise it online. So, if your game comes damaged, maybe you can check a local Best Buy and hopefully if they have it, you can do an exchange.

I heard about the Bluetooth feature! I'll definitely have to try it out sometime.

There's a dual-pack of holographic Metroid Dread posters for free at the Nintendo e-shop. You can't purchase the posters, so you'll need to access the rewards page and complete tasks in order to accumulate points. You'll then use the points to redeem a voucher code to use at checkout to ship the posters. I got all of my remaining points by downloading the Animal Crossing IOS app, and linking my social media accounts. The shipping was $7.99, and I should have the posters in 5-7 business days.

Metroid™ Dread Holographic Poster Set | Rewards | My Nintendo

ff4970ef03a15a00

My special edition was shipped in a bubble mailer with dings on the box but everything inside is mint. The art book is good. Wish it came with a regular case for the game like the UK edition. I wasted my points on the lego Mario keychain and got the Luigi one from the Lego site.

Yeah, that's still good considering how it was shipped. I wish both Amazon and Best Buy would use regular boxes, instead of the bubblers. I've had to exchange way too much over the years because of bubblers.

Mentioning Metroid, how's it coming along for you? I've read some complaints about the emmi sections but they seem pretty manageable.

Those joycon colours look pretty, I hope they do more special editions like the Advance and DS had

Yeah, and I think it would've been nice if these special edition joycon colors were available separately, too. I really want the white joycons from the other OLED model :lol.

I always had somewhat of a hard time gripping the joycons of the Switch, so I decided to get the Hori split-pad pro. The split-pad was a huge improvement in comfort and ergonomics, with the sacrifices of gyroscopic motion control and HD rumble (actually, compared to the Nintendo joycons, it has no rumble at all). It also transformed my OLED Switch into a huge boomerang.

And just for laughs, here's a size comparison with the OLED Switch + Hori Pad vs the original PS Vita. Which of the two is more pocketable?

PS_Vita_Switch.jpg

Back