Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's extremely impressive. :rock I hope to get that much. :lol Wish me luck!

I think I've got nearly 200 moons, and am to what I'm guessing is the final stage with Bowser, as I just beat the Japanese area where you fight the two rabbits consecutively. Hard to believe there are that many moons in this game. . .I also wanted to get as many as possible before the final boss battle, but damn. I don't have the time to get everything.

Regarding Zelda, the weapon breakage is something I came to appreciate as I got really good at, and deep into the game. I would find myself challenging Lynels every chance I could. Partly just because it was fun, but also to get those great weapons. That old stadium is a great place to pick up nice weapons from all the enemies up the stairs.

Those grey metal/stone/whatever boxes you've been seeing in each world play into it in the post game. That's where a lot of moons are.

You can actually max out at 999 moons. Once you get all the moons from in game tasks you're stuck at 880. You then have to buy the remaining from any shop. You get a special silly bonus for getting to 999. Save your coins y'all.

Those grey metal/stone/whatever boxes you've been seeing in each world play into it in the post game. That's where a lot of moons are.

You can actually max out at 999 moons. Once you get all the moons from in game tasks you're stuck at 880. You then have to buy the remaining from any shop. You get a special silly bonus for getting to 999. Save your coins y'all.

Yeah, I have that problem now. I bought so many **** outfits that now I'm struggling to buy all of those moons. It sucks. :lol

Got one for Christmas along with Zelda and Mario. Both brilliant games.

BOTW is probably one of the hardest Zelda games ever. Those freaking Lynels man - I knew this game was no joke when one of them one shot me with shock arrows from behind cover. Is this Zelda or Dark Souls? :lol

I went through so much stuff trying to kill one. I proudly display his weapon and shield in my home in Hateno Village. I doubt I will try fighting another one. :lol

Got one for Christmas along with Zelda and Mario. Both brilliant games.

BOTW is probably one of the hardest Zelda games ever. Those freaking Lynels man - I knew this game was no joke when one of them one shot me with shock arrows from behind cover. Is this Zelda or Dark Souls? :lol

I love Lynel fights. The trick is nailing the dodge timing so you can enter that slow-motion phase regularly. Just killed my first one on Master Mode, the one in Zora's Domain. Even harder than usual, but very satisfying when I finally got it.

For the record, while I'm pretty efficient at killing them now and feel good about it, it took me a good hour or more to kill my very first one on normal mode months and months ago. Still challenge for sure.

Yep, I still struggle with them sometimes, depending on the situation. But the key I've found is to get the proper armor to give you either good speed or strong defense, eat food with the right properties to do the same right before approaching, have the Master Sword equipped (so no great loss when it "breaks"), and as InebriatedGnome says, get good dodges in where you get slow-mo. The other tricks are to hit him squire in the forehead with an arrow, so that he gets winded and gives you an opportunity to wail on him, and to block certain attacks by deflecting them with your shield, giving you another opportunity for strikes. Of course, he has patterns you have to work out. Knowing when he's about to do the flame circle thing and getting out of range is essential. And you can't get too far or he'll kill you with arrows. But having good speed is really helpful with him. If you fight one in the snow without the proper footwear and/or food, then you'll be asking for a world of hurt.

Also Dark Souls Remastered and DK Tropical Freeze with a new character. And DLC for Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle with DK playable character and new story chapter.

You just reminded me I have this game and still haven't played it yet : /

Oh it's very cool and fun! I had my doubts because I never really played tactical turn based games before but it was a blast to play through.

Its a good idea on their part. There are quite a few really good games, that nobody played because nobody had a WiiU. Now they can potentially get their proper spot light. Plus easy money.

I'm excited to get Hyrule Warriors on Switch. Collectively, I've put about 450 hours into that game across the 3DS and WiiU version. I'm prepared to add some more :lol

Back