NHL Playoffs 2009 !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know why though? Philly has themselves to blame, under Bobby Clarke (forever that is) they have given themselves the reputation over the years to be the "repeat offenders" and a dirty hitting team so the league now picks on them for every little thing they do. Is that unfair? I don't think so.

Sure it is. Why isn't it. How can you judge a bunch of young players because of what their team history is.

If your father committed a crime would you want to be looked at as a criminal? :dunno I guess that would be fair right? :rolleyes:

I don't take anything away from Crosby's talent, but he IS a baby. I could not care less what bandwagon fans say about him. I listen to other players around the NL and many still say he IS a baby and whines to the refs all the time.

As for Mary O. Again, I take nothing away from his talent, but where do you think Cindy learned to whine to the refs so much? Mary O was a puss. He used to take cheap shots at people all the time with his stick and then is someone dared to breath on him he'd run to the refs and get a penalty called on the other player. He was a puss and Cindy is currently as puss. That has nothing to do with their talent though which is sick. I just wish Cindy would stop being a girl out there sometimes.

Malkin on the other hand is a beast. I'd buy a Malkin jersey is if didn't have a ^^^^tsburgh logo on the front of it. I really like the guy.

Get over yourself. I would buy a Semin and Green jersey despite the fact the Crapitals crest is on the front. Granted, you have to admit both jerseys are actually sharp looking. The Pens and Caps I mean.

P.S. Mario Lemieux wasn't a puss. He would push guys back if they pushed him, and in Crosby's defense he gets pushed around by a lot of people. Who helps him? Nobody does.... he takes care of his own.

I was at a Caps-Pens game this year and all game long the Cap players verbaly thrashed Sid....guess what not a single player from the Pens bench spoke up or did anything to defend him and all the insults were cry baby/sisy diver related(though more R-rated) stuff....that says alot to me as to what his own(sids) team thinks of him.

Sure it is. Why isn't it. How can you judge a bunch of young players because of what their team history is.

If your father committed a crime would you want to be looked at as a criminal? :dunno I guess that would be fair right? :rolleyes:

I find it very fair. The Flyers have always been notorious for being a dirty team. You know something, Avery would fit in well with your guys.

Seriously, I can't stand Philly. No offence to Kit, but his Caps mean nothing to me in the hate department like the Flyers do. I love good rivalries and none come better than that between the Penguins and Flyers.

Why am I not surprised the Flyers possessed two asshats in one season... Carcillo and Downie...... Pens, beat the snot out of those Flyers.

Badmoon, I like you and all... but your taste in teams is almost as bad as Kit's. hehe

Actually in a way I love your teams... without them we wouldn't have the great rivalries and rivalries make for funner hockey.

Much like the Manitoba Moose have with the Rochester Americans. God I love when that team plays us.

Rivalries make sports interesting.

I was at a Caps-Pens game this year and all game long the Cap players verbaly thrashed Sid....guess what not a single player from the Pens bench spoke up or did anything to defend him and all the insults were cry baby/sisy diver related(though more R-rated) stuff....that says alot to me as to what his own(sids) team thinks of him.

Thanks for further proving my point. Sid the Kid doesn't care anyway. He takes it and still is ever dominating. Best PPG since joining the league in 05/06. Knock him all you want, but the 21-year-old is elite as they came.

btw His teammates have nothing but great things to say about Crosby. They all speak highly of him so don't pretend to think you know more than you lead on.

Actually I can't really dissagree with anything you said and thats why I mentioned Lemieux's health being a huge factor. Orr was and still is an amazing person let alone a truly talented legend. I love Orr too.

Still you can present all kinds of factors about Gretzky and Messier all day long but the fact still remains, one holds amazing records and the other (runner up) is considered one of the best ever leaders in all sports.

If I were to rate them, it would look something like this:

1. Gretzky
2. Messier
3. Lemieux
4. Orr
5. Bossy
6. Howe
7. Yzerman
8. M. Richard
9. Coffey
10. Phil Esposito

A great list no doubt, though I'd have to find a way to include Bobby Hull on my top ten list. It's funny you mention Paul Coffey as I had the chance to meet him 10+ years ago when he was kind enough to tow my boat back to the cottage after the engine conked out. A really nice guy, he was good enough to stay for an hour or so and talk hockey with us. When I asked him who was the best player he ever had the opportunity to play with he said talent-wise it was Lemieux, though he said the most complete player he ever played with was Messier. As for his opinion on the best player of all time, without a second's hesitation....Bobby Orr. And you're right, one of the classiest guys ever to put on a pair of skates.

I find it very fair. The Flyers have always been notorious for being a dirty team. You know something, Avery would fit in well with your guys..

I wouldn't want that ^^^^^^^ on my team. :lecture

You guys are so funny. Calling things fair and this and that. Obviously you cannot have an honest discussion when it involves and incident regarding YOUR team. No problem. I get it.

BM, all the Canadian coverage deemed the hit on Timonen clean

Would there been more of an uproar hd the shoe been on the other foot, probably, but as many have mentioned, Philly has dug thier own grave in this regard. The stats speak for themselves, they led the league (1st or 2nd) in EVERY penalty categorie.

Thanks for further proving my point. Sid the Kid doesn't care anyway. He takes it and still is ever dominating. Best PPG since joining the league in 05/06. Knock him all you want, but the 21-year-old is elite as they came.

btw His teammates have nothing but great things to say about Crosby. They all speak highly of him so don't pretend to think you know more than you lead on.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Do you actually read the BS you write?

A great list no doubt, though I'd have to find a way to include Bobby Hull on my top ten list. It's funny you mention Paul Coffey as I had the chance to meet him 10+ years ago when he was kind enough to tow my boat back to the cottage after the engine conked out. A really nice guy, he was good enough to stay for an hour or so and talk hockey with us. When I asked him who was the best player he ever had the opportunity to play with he said talent-wise it was Lemieux, though he said the most complete player he ever played with was Messier. As for his opinion on the best player of all time, without a second's hesitation....Bobby Orr. And you're right, one of the classiest guys ever to put on a pair of skates.

Awesome story woodsy! I always seem to meet b-lister NHLers outside of the game. He screamed skill and class. Like Ron Francis did. Love both players and I feel very fortunate to have seen them in Pens sweaters.

I am so tempted to save up for the Francis gamer on the meigray site. Unfortunately the girlfriend won't let that happen. Anyone spot me 4 G's? hehe

No man thats not what I am referring to, I didn't mean past history, i'm talking about just over a year and a half ago .............

https://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/282131

This is more recent times and to have the commisioner have a "talk" with the clubs GM says something about the team. They are a talented team, no doubt but imo if they (and they will) continue to stick with an oldschool bruiser like Clarke they will get nowhere.

BM, all the Canadian coverage deemed the hit on Timonen clean

Would there been more of an uproar hd the shoe been on the other foot, probably, but as many have mentioned, Philly has dug thier own grave in this regard. The stats speak for themselves, they led the league (1st or 2nd) in EVERY penalty categorie.

Thats the point I was trying to make. :lecture

Thats the point I was trying to make. :lecture

Your team is dirty dirty dirty. Love them for it though. You need those dirty teams. Makes it all the more fun to beat them. Be thankful that the Pens PP is utterly useless because if their PP was one of the best, your team would have been done in this series 4 games flat! They take way too many dumb penalties.

No man thats not what I am referring to, I didn't mean past history, i'm talking about just over a year and a half ago .............

https://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/282131

This is more recent times and to have the commisioner have a "talk" with the clubs GM says something about the team. They are a talented team, no doubt but imo if they (and they will) continue to stick with an oldschool bruiser like Clarke they will get nowhere.

Look that Downie suspension up on youtube my friend. That was nothing compared to the hit on Kimmo.

I will agree that Carcillo and Cote are pretty much a waste of space. :lecture

Your team is dirty dirty dirty. Love them for it though. You need those dirty teams. Makes it all the more fun to beat them. Be thankful that the Pens PP is utterly useless because if their PP was one of the best, your team would have been done in this series 4 games flat! They take way too many dumb penalties.

Whatever, still hockey to be played. If they lose I won't try to find excuses like you Pens fans. :peace

Look that Downie suspension up on youtube my friend. That was nothing compared to the hit on Kimmo.

I can't stand guys in that mold. Where they let their emotions get away from them and they go out of their ways with the intent to injure guys or try lowlife stunts like Avery did on Brodeur, then calling him fat afterwards. Man if that's what I gotta do to become the best in my line of work and make millions and be highly regarded among my peers. Then fatten me up!

One Flyer I loved while growing up watching hockey with my dad... can't believe I am admitting this and I was very young. But I remember he was so good...Tim Kerr. That guy was awesome. He would have looked better in black and yellow.

Well on a completely unrelated topic it was fun seeing them lose both in 85' and 87' :monkey3

Just messing Badmoon, :D i've always liked Lindros so that says something about the Flyers. The "Legion of Doom" was DAMN entertaining back in the day.

Whatever, still hockey to be played. If they lose I won't try to find excuses like you Pens fans. :peace

Hey, our PP sucks plain and simple. You need to have great PPs especially against skilled teams like the Flyers because they are so notorious for taking unnecessary penalties. We would be so much better for it if our PP was vastly improved.

Avery is the ********* of the NHL, I swear I dont even know why they let him play anymore. The guys a heartless goon(goes after the talented players but runs like a ^^^^^ from the tough guys). That said i'd like to thank him for his 16 PIM last game....it really helped my team.

Well we can all agree that Avery is an asshat. He is my size and weight and I would love a shot at that guy. :rock

Back