NHL Playoffs 2009 !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canada cant support the teams it has in the NHL right now...i'd be shocked if they got another team anytime soon...infact I dont see any teams from canada winning the cup any time soon. It the teams in America that carry/are the best in this sport.

You're right, a lot of the Canadian cities can't, but neither can a lot of the Southern based franchises. Atleast up here, hockey is a high priority in terms of entertainment.

Trust me I don't want the NHL back in my city. I love seeing professional hockey behind the glass, ice level for under 30 bucks (Cdn). My seats in an NHL venue would cost atleast 300 US or more.

You're right, a lot of the Canadian cities can't, but neither can a lot of the Southern based franchises. Atleast up here, hockey is a high priority in terms of entertainment.

Trust me I don't want the NHL back in my city. I love seeing professional hockey behind the glass, ice level for under 30 bucks (Cdn). My seats in an NHL venue would cost atleast 300 US or more.

Good point.

anybody hear a Canadian?

could swear I hear a ^^^^^ ass Canuck in here.

:huh

I will never go see another NHL game in Toronto ever again, and not because the team is blah but, because the Platinum tickets i got free(luckily) were $250 a shot, this was last January mind you..i am sure they are higher now and plus the leafs lost to the Rangers like 7-2, i did not even enjoy the game like i do on tv. It is definitely a waste of money unless its playoffs but then again tv is the way to go. You want exciting hockey?, go watch a OHL game..i got to get out to more Oshawa Generals games next season.

Lastly, i must admit USA is pumping out some great talent the last few years, Tim Thomas, Phil Kessel, Patrick Kane etc.. some of my favorites and not to mention Ron Wilson will coach Team USA next.

NO, GUINNESS WILL NEVER BE TRUMPED BY ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE! IT IS THIS DRINKER'S CHOICE OF BREW!

If I ever become an alcoholic... I wanna be a Guinness alcoholic or I don't want to be an alcoholic at all!

Good. I was about to purchase a ticket to come and kill you.

So anyways how is this for weird. The Bears are playing the Phillly Phantoms in the playoffs and are up 2 to 0. When I go to the game on Friday I am all BEARS!

Lastly, i must admit USA is pumping out some great talent the last few years, Tim Thomas, Phil Kessel, Patrick Kane etc.. some of my favorites and not to mention Ron Wilson will coach Team USA next.

I dunno, personally myself I think Wilson is/was way overhyped. My favorite American player would have to be Modano. I know you are referring to new prospects but i'm just saying.

Get over yourself. I would buy a Semin and Green jersey despite the fact the Crapitals crest is on the front. Granted, you have to admit both jerseys are actually sharp looking. The Pens and Caps I mean.

P.S. Mario Lemieux wasn't a puss. He would push guys back if they pushed him, and in Crosby's defense he gets pushed around by a lot of people. Who helps him? Nobody does.... he takes care of his own.

Get over myself? You're clueless. No, I would never buy and wear a ^^^^ing pens jersey, Flyers jersey or any other team I HATE jersey. I do own a Roy Avs jersey because Roy was awesome and my favorite non Cap.

Mario would push back? Yeah, and get knocked the ^^^^ out by Bobby Gould who was half his size! :rotfl

Get over myself? You're clueless. No, I would never buy and wear a ^^^^ing pens jersey, Flyers jersey or any other team I HATE jersey.

Mario would push back? Yeah, and get knocked the ^^^^ out by Bobby Gould who was half his size! :rotfl

That was one great fight!...Loved seeing Mary-O helped off the ice. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDaCrCTrXM

Mary-O got his jaw broken in that fight.

Last edited:
Kimmo in a ring side interview just now:

Kimmo do you feel like you have been targeted throughout the playoffs?

"You know, I don't really care." :rock

Back to this hockey in Canada debate, we could easily support three more franchises. Its the Canadian tax dollar that kills the team. Dont be so quick to think the US is carrying the NHL by any means. They have major problems in more then HALF there cities. If anything Mtl and Tor are keeping at least 10 US franchises afloat. When Tampa won the cup, they GAVE away tickets so the seats wouldnt look empty.

KF just curious, what do Caps first round playoff tix go for, something lower level?? Face value, I dnt man scalper prices

Back