NHL Playoffs 2009 !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Malkin isn't a crybaby.

And, Pens have won 2 Cups and made the Final last year. What have the Caps done?

Wha?! Nothing you say? Oh really! I DIDN'T KNOW!

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS FRICKING ROCK!!! :rock

This coming for a bandwagon Pens fan who only liked the team when the won with Mary - O. Who cares if you stuck around for a few lean years inbetween Mary - O getting old and Bugs Bunny coming to town.

:lol

This coming for a bandwagon Pens fan who only liked the team when the won with Mary - O. Who cares if you stuck around for a few lean years inbetween Mary - O getting old and Bugs Bunny coming to town.

:lol

Answer your phone you ****** monkey!

Great pic KF, where did you find it?

But how can you rag on Mario he is one of the game greatest ever and oe day Crosby with be up there with the greats.

Funny how Pitts and Wsh are so similar, sick firepower and offensive D, but suspect defensively and piss poor goaltending

If Sid is Bugs Bunny, what is Ovi? The Marshawn Lynch of hockey :)

Got my broom out to sweep away the Habs Wednesday

Crosby is the crybaby of the league.

AO is the best player in the league.

Crosby is bucked tooth ^^^^^!

And for the record I would personally like to offer Avery the chance for fight. I ^^^^ing hate that guy and would love to go a round or two with him. :rock

Crosby is the crybaby of the league.

AO is the best player in the league.

I'm not a Caps fan... you all know this. However, you would be a fool to say that AO is not the best player in the NHL. Even though I still insist he took the dive during the Flyers playoff game. :lol He is the best player in the league. PERIOD!

Damn I hate saying that too! :horror

I'm not a Caps fan... you all know this. However, you would be a fool to say that AO is not the best player in the NHL. Even though I still insist he took the dive during the Flyers playoff game. :lol He is the best player in the league. PERIOD!

Damn I hate saying that too! :horror

^....your best post EVER BM!!! :clap

You people seriously should try taking your heads out of your asses. :rolleyes:

Did sidney whine to the refs alot during his rookie season. Yes. Has he since? Nope not really. Stop following all the brainless hockey fans, and bandwagon haters and actually watch him play. He drives the net, finishes his checks, takes more bumps than the average player and still kicks more ass than most people in the league. Do I like AO not really but I don't go around saying he looks a spokesman for the geico caveman commercials either. There's things people can easily rag on AO for too. I think he's an awesome player... he's just on the wrong team.

Oh and don't talk ^^^^ on mario. He has more talent in his left pinky toe than you will ever have. :monkey1

Did sidney whine to the refs alot during his rookie season. Yes. Has he since? Nope not really. Stop following all the brainless hockey fans, and bandwagon haters and actually watch him play. He drives the net, finishes his checks, takes more bumps than the average player and still kicks more ass than most people in the league. Do I like AO not really but I don't go around saying he looks a spokesman for the geico caveman commercials either. There's things people can easily rag on AO for too. I think he's an awesome player... he's just on the wrong team.

Oh and don't talk ^^^^ on mario. He has more talent in his left pinky toe than you will ever have. :monkey1

^...worst post ever

Could not had said it any better, Crosby is a amazing player and i am starting to like him even more now that most people do not, Malkin would be nothing without Crosby on his team. I would love to see Crosby come to the Leafs and hopefully they get Schenns brother in the draft or even better Tavares but, i doubt that..^^^^ty Islanders got him for sure.

Could not had said it any better, Crosby is a amazing player and i am starting to like him even more now that most people do not, Malkin would be nothing without Crosby on his team. I would love to see Crosby come to the Leafs and hopefully they get Schenns brother in the draft or even better Tavares but, i doubt that..^^^^ty Islanders got him for sure.

total BS there...infact Malkin was better when Sid was out of the lineup.

....and it would take alot more then Crosby and some draft picks to fix the mess that is the Leafs.

Actually Malkin although looks like a downs baby is a far superior player than Crosby. IMO of course. :lecture

Word, all the haters are fans of the lesser teams, you dont see any Wings or Bruins fans hating on Crosby, its always the same disgruntled Flyers fans, you got OWNED last year. Concentrate on the positives you have, Richards, Carter, Timonen, instead of bashing the reigning Eastern conference champs.

Oi... placing Mario Le Magnifique in the same breathe of those players.... *lowers his head with face in palm*

Lets see... at the not-so-tender age of 35, Mario Lemieux misses 4 years of NHL action, and with no camp or preseason to get him adjusted properly to the game on a physical and mental level, how does the guy respond? He scores 35 goals in 43 games in an offensive inept era. One that was slower, and saw fewer goals come by even more-so than the post 2004/05 lockout era. Not many guys can do that. Yet No. 66 did.

Mario Lemieux is the MAJOR reason the Pittsburgh Penguins won back-to-back Stanley Cups in '91 and '92. Even the Edmonton Oilers won a Cup without Wayne Gretzky. Where as No. 99 had never found that same playoff success with another NHL club. Now, this is not comparing the two. Just pointing the fact, had Mario was taken from out of the equation the Pens would not have won those Cups. Granted, the 1990 Oilers may not have not won that Cup either if it weren't for Greztky and how players grew and developed along side him, like your Kurri's and your Messier's. Okay, now getting off topic a bit.

Really though, Gretzky and Lemieux were in a totally different league from everyone else, and played in a different era. Granted Lemieux's era ended just as Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Alexander Ovechkin's began.

And I think it's unfair to say that Alexander Ovechkin, and Sidney Crosby are the best. They are among the best. Evgeni Malkin deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as those two.

He has led the league in not only scoring, but also in takeaways. He's quite possibly the NHL's most quiet top two-way player in the game today. He dishes out hits better than most give him credit for. Yeah he has his lapses. No different from anyone else. Ovechkin had a slow start. Crosby had a slow middle. Malkin had a slow end, and picked up some steam in his last few games of the regular season, into the playoffs. What I love about Malkin's dynamic is how little attention he gets despite leading the league in scoring as a 1b centerman for stretches of the season on this Penguins squad, with Ruslan Fedotenko (a career third liner) and a fading star in Petr Sykora on his wings. Then he went huge portions without any top-flight defenseman backing him up. Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Whitney both out with injuries. Granted Whitney came back at the half-way point, but was rusty and it showed. Thus making him expendable. That, and Crosby ultimately needed adequate scoring wingers. Enter Chris Kunitz, and shortly after, Billy Guerin.

Malkin dominated in his first 33 games with 58 points despite playing most nights with Feds and Sykora on his wings, and Gogs or Letang from the back end. His lack of English speaking skills definitely has hindered his play to a small degree. You can laugh all you want at that logic, but how you communicate to your fellow teammates plays a huge factor on how well the on-ice product turns out. With more talented and/or established top-six wingers, and a big offensive presence in say a healthy Gonchar from the start of a season... not to mention improved English speaking skills, it would be scary to see how well No. 71 would flourish. I think many still underestimate his talent. I think he has it in him to separate himself from Sid and AO. Time will tell if that happens and if he works hard to improve his English speaking skills. Much like Mario Lemieux did when he first arrived on the scene in Pittsburgh some 25 years ago.

But not to take away from those two either. They are both amazing, and they all bring something special to the table. To say one is clearly the best player out of the three is premature and ignorant at this point of time. I think right now it's so close between those three, no one will be a clear cut winner of any of the big awards. Maybe AO with the Rocket Richard Trophy. Even then, Malkin has a wicked shot and has some slick hands. He scored 30 goals in a span of 40 games as a 21-year-old sophomore. I think he has a Richard in his future.

Anyway, lets move on kids. This shouldn't be an argument of who's better anyway between a handful of players. We should be thrilled and privileged to have those three and many other bright and talented players in today's NHL to watch and enjoy.

This is about the 2009 NHL playoffs!

GO PITTSBURGH PENGUINS GO!!!

Last edited:
I don't take anything away from Crosby's talent, but he IS a baby. I could not care less what bandwagon fans say about him. I listen to other players around the NL and many still say he IS a baby and whines to the refs all the time.

As for Mary O. Again, I take nothing away from his talent, but where do you think Cindy learned to whine to the refs so much? Mary O was a puss. He used to take cheap shots at people all the time with his stick and then is someone dared to breath on him he'd run to the refs and get a penalty called on the other player. He was a puss and Cindy is currently as puss. That has nothing to do with their talent though which is sick. I just wish Cindy would stop being a girl out there sometimes.

Malkin on the other hand is a beast. I'd buy a Malkin jersey is if didn't have a ^^^^tsburgh logo on the front of it. I really like the guy.

Who's talking ^^^^ about Lemieux????:mad: Outside of Gretzky and Messier he WAS the BEST damn player to ever wear a pair of skates AND if he could have just stayed somewhat healthy he may have been even better.

:eek: Sorry it is hockey we are talking about, didn't mean to get so hot headed :monkey4

As for Crosby? He's done nothing but impress the HELL out of me! He IS a fantastic player.

Back