NHL Playoffs 2009 !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny though, its guys like Lemieux and Crosby more Lemieux, that helped change the direction on hockey. His complaining (and teh lockout) got rid of all the clutching and grabbing, making the NHL today more enjoyable. You think Ovechkin would have potted 56 with all that garbage still going on???

Funny though, its guys like Lemieux and Crosby more Lemieux, that helped change the direction on hockey. His complaining (and teh lockout) got rid of all the clutching and grabbing, making the NHL today more enjoyable. You think Ovechkin would have potted 56 with all that garbage still going on???

Did you bother to watch the Flyers Penn's game? Lots of shat going on. Kunitz and his TARGETED hit on Timonen should have gotten his ass suspended.

Who's talking ^^^^ about Lemieux????:mad: Outside of Gretzky and Messier he WAS the BEST damn player to ever wear a pair of skates AND if he could have just stayed somewhat healthy he may have been even better.

:eek: Sorry it is hockey we are talking about, didn't mean to get so hot headed :monkey4

As for Crosby? He's done nothing but impress the HELL out of me! He IS a fantastic player.

On sheer talent alone I would actually rate Lemieux above both Gretzky and Messier, unfortunately he just didn't have their heart and desire. As for any one of these three being the best player ever....forget it, they all take a backseat to #4. :bow

P197902S.jpg

On sheer talent alone I would actually rate Lemieux above both Gretzky and Messier, unfortunately he just didn't have their heart and desire. As for any one of these three being the best player ever....forget it, they all take a backseat to #4. :bow

P197902S.jpg

Actually I can't really dissagree with anything you said and thats why I mentioned Lemieux's health being a huge factor. Orr was and still is an amazing person let alone a truly talented legend. I love Orr too.

Still you can present all kinds of factors about Gretzky and Messier all day long but the fact still remains, one holds amazing records and the other (runner up) is considered one of the best ever leaders in all sports.

If I were to rate them, it would look something like this:

1. Gretzky
2. Messier
3. Lemieux
4. Orr
5. Bossy
6. Howe
7. Yzerman
8. M. Richard
9. Coffey
10. Phil Esposito

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

That bone jarring hit was 100% legal. He kept his elbows in and did not leave hit feet until contact was made. Keep your head up kimmo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNhrdc_yC_g

You know damn well that it wasn't necessary. You also know darn well that players have been suspended for far less than that.

I like the Flyers response to it as well. Basically said its part of the game and that when they get the chance they will return the favor. We will see tonight. :lecture

Of course you are going to overlook the fact that it was one of your players that made the hit. The announcers, ESPN, Comcast, all said it was a dirty hit and should be reviewed by the NHL. They have been targeting Kimmo since game one trying to hurt him to take him out of the game. Can you imagin the response if a Flyer laid that same hit on Crosby?

Come on lets be reasonable.

I would find a way to put the commonly overlooked Ron Francis on your list. He's definitely one of those greats that slips under the radar, but top 5 scoring and multiple cups. He was a great as well!

It is a pretty clear hit to the head of a player in a prone position, which supposedly are some of the criteria for a suspension.. however, there is no controversy and no suspension for 2 major reasons:

1. the hit was on kimmo timonen who plays hard, honest hockey.. when he gets hit he shakes it off and gets back to play his position.. i'm sure if a pens player was hit like that they would lay on the ice acting like they were shot until the ref would be forced to blow the whistle and call something.. maybe timonen's refusal to talk about it is an attempt to shame certain players to start playing like men instead of diving actors

2. the hit was by chris kunitz, a penguins player with no prior "reputation", it is obvious that the league shows favoritism to certain teams when deciding these matters.. when you can fall back on "reputation" as one of the factors then you can pretty much arbitrarily decide when you want to punish players on favored teams, who since they are favored are already receiving less scrutiny

Finally, one more factor, being that the NBC broadcast is trying their best to help the NHL look good that they barely show replays of any plays or penalty calls so that fans cannot accurately judge for themselves.. if there was a local home broadcast there would be many more slow-mo angles available to highlight the truth

You know damn well that it wasn't necessary.

Come on lets be reasonable.

So.....

As a flyers fan you will say that if HARTNELL had a chance to do the same on Sid, Gonchar, Malkin whoever, he would pass it up because it wasn't necessary?? You have to type your reply with a straight face too :lol

Playoff hockey at its finest!

I would find a way to put the commonly overlooked Ron Francis on your list. He's definitely one of those greats that slips under the radar, but top 5 scoring and multiple cups. He was a great as well!

You know its super easy to assemble the first 6-7 players and then there are like 30-40 in your mind (Francis definetly one of them) for the remaining 3 spots. Its sometimes pointless making a top 10 list but its fun to see what you can come up with.

Francis? After Mike Gartner is the MOST underrated player in the NHL's history. No doubt.

So Philly never acts like a bunch of hooligans. :rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SPX7MMef3S8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SPX7MMef3S8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No I'm not saying any of that. You are putting words in my mouth. I am saying that if a Flyer did that it would be wrong as well. I have no problem recognizing that and calling my own team out when necessary.

And for the record I would still call it dirty but I wouldn't be against any Flyer laying Crosby or Malkin out like that. Then see what the league does. Crosby wouldn't take such a hit like a man.

At the end of the day I would still admit that it was dirty but with a smile on my face. :lecture

So.....

As a flyers fan you will say that if HARTNELL had a chance to do the same on Sid, Gonchar, Malkin whoever, he would pass it up because it wasn't necessary?? You have to type your reply with a straight face too :lol

Playoff hockey at its finest!

I have a pro Ron Francis jersey from 1991-92.

He definitely is among the top 10 in NHLers to ever lace them up.

Oh, and Lemieux is No. 1 on that list. :)

On a site note: I collect game worn jerseys as well as SideShow and Hot Toys pieces. Goto meigray.com... official game worn jersey site.... they have huge Summer sales. I could have gotten a David Booth last year for 260 US... what a steal. Now that he's on everyone's radar any new jerseys of his will easily go for a grand or more. :(

No I'm not saying any of that. You are putting words in my mouth. I am saying that if a Flyer did that it would be wrong as well. I have no problem recognizing that and calling my own team out when necessary.

Do you know why though? Philly has themselves to blame, under Bobby Clarke (forever that is) they have given themselves the reputation over the years to be the "repeat offenders" and a dirty hitting team so the league now picks on them for every little thing they do. Is that unfair? I don't think so.

Back