1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I wait for Star Wars figure news, I got a few of my blasters printed (well, I bought them from a Chinese fella who was selling prints of my files without credit or permission, so I technically purchases Chinese knock off's of my own products..)
Tie Pilot blaster
Opened DC15A (reload)
AT-RT Driver DC15A
Kenner POTF2 style stormtrooper heavy rifle
Star Wars Battleflont (classic) DC15S
And finally my own custom design DC15XP-117 pistol (Halo magnum style)
20230927_181307.jpg
20230927_181052.jpg
20230927_180941.jpg
20230927_180910.jpg
20230927_180819.jpg
20230927_180731.jpg
20230927_180611.jpg

I want to see more clone wars era releases, specifically a pre visla, with pieces for both looks, and then and assajj, I think those would translate really well, Savage would be a must too but I'd like his later look best

There are three figures from Ahsoka I’m interested in: Baylan, Shin and Thrawn. Maybe one of those droids onboard the circular ship, but that’s stretching it. Not a fan of Rebels so those characters have nothing for me.

I want OT things, “new” stormtroopers (ESB/ANH), moffs, DST’s, Veers, Piett, sandtrooper grunt, flying sorcerer, rebel troopers, cermonial guards, Han Solo(!!!), chewbacca with an updated face sculpt, OT tuskens, a retooled ROTJ Boba etc etc etc.

We want 212th clones, droids, Jedi masters and such.

But I guess, as usual, we’ll get more Mando/Kenobi/Ahsoka etc figures, which is good for you fellows who are invested and interested. Kudos!

By the way, what happened to Andor? Why is it mysteriously missing from HT’s calendar?

There are three figures from Ahsoka I’m interested in: Baylan, Shin and Thrawn. Maybe one of those droids onboard the circular ship, but that’s stretching it. Not a fan of Rebels so those characters have nothing for me.

I want OT things, “new” stormtroopers (ESB/ANH), moffs, DST’s, Veers, Piett, sandtrooper grunt, flying sorcerer, rebel troopers, cermonial guards, Han Solo(!!!), chewbacca with an updated face sculpt, OT tuskens, a retooled ROTJ Boba etc etc etc.

We want 212th clones, droids, Jedi masters and such.

But I guess, as usual, we’ll get more Mando/Kenobi/Ahsoka etc figures, which is good for you fellows who are invested and interested. Kudos!

By the way, what happened to Andor? Why is it mysteriously missing from HT’s calendar?
I think HT assumed Andor would not do well with fans and since it only featured some basic stormtroopers, reg clones and some Imperial army plus Tie pilots there was not a lot in the way of new troopers and the main cast was not covered in Mando armour or wielding lightsabers so they must have just skipped it altogether since they assumed not much would sell. Biggest mistake they made IMHO as I think Andor was the show that would gain popularity as the years go on, being remembered as one of the highlights of this era of Star Wars like Rogue One is.

HT did tease the Andor reg Clone in their AT-RT promo pics, with the Kenobi 501st clone not only sharing the same mold but also armed with Andor weapons (when the Kenobi one should have AOTC/ROTS weapons to be screen accurate) so they obviously had everything ready for that figure at least but perhaps with Captain Rex's, Echo's and the like clogging up Sideshow inventory they opted to skip it.

Very happy with the surprise Chopper drop (and Hera tease).

I know Hot Toys has a history of not releasing stuff they have teased but I'm optimistic for Hera as they know people love the Rebels characters and Ahsoka has been really well received so far, so everything is in her favour.

Hopefully Ezra and Zeb won't be far behind (though I have a feeling we may have to wait for season 2 for those, especially Zeb at this point).

Outside of the Rebels Thrawn is a must, and Baylan and Shin would be very tempting as well. Just have to be careful as I'm rapidly running out of shelf space.

I think HT assumed Andor would not do well with fans

It’s unfortunate but understandable; Andor was a complete unknown quantity. There was no way to know it would be as strong as it is.

Product decisions are made years in advance using early production materials. So little is given to these companies now and planning is harder than it ever was due to all the secrecy required.

Andor has a lot of things diehard fans want, but doesn’t scream toyetic tonally. Especially before it aired. And so the various brands didn’t want to risk toys and collectibles that might not sell. Also because it was likely assumed there weren’t enough recognizable characters and other elements with baked in fans to push sales on their own if the show flopped.

Factor in a difficult climate for toys and collectibles and bad timing with Hot Toys’s massive overproduction of figures - troopers in particular - and it’s the perfect storm for no Andor.

A lot of us want figures but sadly we won’t see anything right now because too much time has passed for products to be relevant and not enough time has passed for the show to be legacy media. Best we can hope for is a decent showing for Andor Season 2.

Last edited:
... let's just hope the main cast get to don some cool outfits to trigger HT's spider senses
Seems Gilroy's whole MO, both visually and thematically, is to do the exact opposite of that.
Not to focus on any fantastic or over-the-top gear, armor, mythical weapons, powers, aliens, or anything sensational.
The whole point is that none of that is coming to save the day at this level; to the contrary, by design, he is focusing on the least standout, least memorable, least gimicky, or easy-to-like characters. If anything, the most mundane, both among the "heroes" and the Imps.

Probably his biggest S2 gimicky fan-service move (which is none at all) might be if Bodhi Rook shows up recruited by Luthen, and we get a glimpse of his back story —literally, the most understated overlooked character in a drab gray cargo suit. Though whose simple act changes the fate of the universe.
And that's the point. :wink1:

Gilroy likely intentionally showed the merchandising kitch execs the door, when they showed up to make suggestions. :lol
Hence HT, skiping right over to the very toy friendly Filoniverse.

For the record, not criticizing; I'm one of those oddballs who can absolutely enjoy both.
And could proudly display the Andor - R1 crew, as well as the crew of the Rabbit's Foot Ghost.

Last edited:
Wondering if there will be some kind of kit to mod R2's head if we choose to go for Obi-Wan's Star fighter.

Wondering if there will be some kind of kit to mod R2's head if we choose to go for Obi-Wan's Star fighter.

People keep asking but no real answer to that.

I’ve seen that people often come up with solutions later on that they make available to people like a Dak head or wall mount for the Snowspeeder.

Wouldn’t surprise me if someone offers an Astromech dome that works with the stump, like 3D printed or resin cast. Might have to paint it yourself though.

After watching the Ahsoka Season Finale. I for sure need Ahsoka (White) , Hera, Ezra, and Sabine. My only question would be to wait and see if we get a season 2 announcement before ordering an Ezra. Incase we get an updated outfit design.

After watching the Ahsoka Season Finale. I for sure need Ahsoka (White) , Hera, Ezra, and Sabine. My only question would be to wait and see if we get a season 2 announcement before ordering an Ezra. Incase we get an updated outfit design.
yeah, I'm not buying this new Iphone 15 and probably wait to see any drastic changes included with IP16, then I might bite.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. His look is fine, but I imagine his next appearance will have a more classic Star Warsy feel.

Just poppin to say I find it funny how at the final episode of a pretty popular show they don’t release Ashoka or thrawn stuff but rather… Ezra flash man costume? Don’t ever change hot toys 😀

Back