1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just poppin to say I find it funny how at the final episode of a pretty popular show they don’t release Ashoka or thrawn stuff but rather… Ezra flash man costume? Don’t ever change hot toys 😀
I think Hot Toys likes to **** with Star Wars fans because they know how needy and cantankerous we can be.

IMG_3662.jpeg

I wonder if they’ll actually go through with the Covert Mandos.

As much as I've loved Mando, I just don't care for generic Mandalorians the way I care for other things in Star Wars. If those covert ones go up, I know I'm not interested, but that's just me.

Certainly hoping to see some more Clones soon. Would really love to see Howser or Fireball, but those feel like a pipedream. Can't believe they still haven't made Fives.

Fingers are crossed big time the 212th Troopers and perhaps Waxer to go with them are on the horizon after they're done with the Ahsoka show. Going to be a long wait until the next Star Wars content comes out that Hot Toys might be interested in. Can't really see Skeleton Crew being a big on for Hot Toys, especially since they didn't do anything from Andor season 1.

Honestly, I don't think they should. I'm as big an all things Mando fan boy as anyone outside of @Jaycepticon and at this point even I'm waffling on the need to add these to my shelf...

Right. I’m in too deep to stop now. They should just release this pair as some Con exclusive so they don’t have to make many and get them churned out ASAP so I don’t have time to second guess buying them.

Then, nobody can complain since these don’t seem to be popular characters anyway. Sort of like how The Armorer was treated. Exclusive two years ago that’s still super easy to buy.

So I'm gonna go ahead and predict that one of the next reveals is going to be the super commando Mandalorian that we saw in the flashbacks in Ahsoka for all of 5 seconds.

Reminiscent to how we got that freakin' KX Enforcer Droid for the Book of Boba Fett Line, even though it was a blink and you miss it sequence. Cool in it's own right, but for the most part just to make a quick buck with more reuse.

I would temper expectations on exactly how many proper figures we get from the show. I don't really see us getting more than White Cloak Ahsoka, Hera, and probably Thrawn. The rest will be **** that no one really asked for or easy reuse releases.

View attachment 667615

I wonder if they’ll actually go through with the Covert Mandos.

Always want to say, what do you mean "covert Mandos" Lucasfilm? What is undercover about these guys? They are sporting Mando gear loud and proud. They have actual banners with Mando crests on 'em, in case someone misses the concept. How is a single thing about them hidden? Make it make sense.

Always want to say, what do you mean "covert Mandos" Lucasfilm? What is undercover about these guys? They are sporting Mando gear loud and proud. They have actual banners with Mando crests on 'em, in case someone misses the concept. How is a single thing about them hidden? Make it make sense.

The in-universe usage for covert is a word for a Mandalorian hiding place. Covert as a noun for hiding place is in the dictionary as well, but not the definition used commonly.

So they’re not covert per se, but from a Mandalorian Covert.

Yeah it’s a bit weird. :lol

I agree that it is an odd choice of word to use when they could’ve made up a word in Mando’a or something.

View attachment 667882
🤣Haha when was this last used on a HT box? (Pic: Bacara Sideshow / Hot Toys (?))
IIRC HT assisted Sideshow with the base body design and possibly the armour on the clone figures. Confused me so much first time I saw Sideshow clone box in a shop with that logo.

Back