1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General OT question (like most), what can I do as a buyer if a seller won't ship me the item? Remember winning a Code 3 collectible for an insanely good price (UK seller), but after bid the seller wanted to bump up shipping costs from something like $60/70 to $200, which I of course could not at all agree with. What can you do? From what I've read on the Web seller has all rights here and Ebay can't do poo.

You should ask to see the shipping quote.

It’s their fault they didn’t properly price their shipping beforehand. It happens to everyone though. I own it and pay out of pocket, which sellers should do. Unless of course it’s some extreme circumstance.

Maybe you can negotiate? If it is really a lot higher than expected then offer to pay half the difference if you really want it.

Otherwise there’s really no way to force them to ship it.

It’s possible they got cold feet after it didn’t sell for as much as they wanted. That’s on them for not taking precautions though. In which case they probably won’t budge.

General OT question (like most), what can I do as a buyer if a seller won't ship me the item? Remember winning a Code 3 collectible for an insanely good price (UK seller), but after bid the seller wanted to bump up shipping costs from something like $60/70 to $200, which I of course could not at all agree with. What can you do? From what I've read on the Web seller has all rights here and Ebay can't do poo.
Pretty sure seller has to abide by the shipping price they declared when you bought the item. Ebay can’t force them to sell you the item if they changed their mind, but they CAN force a refund if the seller tried to pull a bait and switch with sudden extra shipping fees.

You should ask to see the shipping quote.
I did, to no good response really. Seller said he'd go and get a new quote at the PO. Never happened, instead he clicked the " buyer do not want item" or something similar. Bare in mind, I had already paid whole package.
It’s their fault they didn’t properly price their shipping beforehand. It happens to everyone though. I own it and pay out of pocket, which sellers should do. Unless of course it’s some extreme circumstance.
I'm inclined to agree. I sell stuff from time to time, if I selected wrong shipping during auction setup, I will be the one paying additional fees for shipping, not my customer.
Maybe you can negotiate? If it is really a lot higher than expected then offer to pay half the difference if you really want it.

Otherwise there’s really no way to force them to ship it.

It’s possible they got cold feet after it didn’t sell for as much as they wanted. That’s on them for not taking precautions though. In which case they probably won’t budge.
Bear in mind this occurred I believe four or five years ago so can't do anything to change the situation. But I will act differently if such a thing arises again in the future. In the moment this was quite an annoying circumstance, not because I was not able to receive my item but that the seller used the "buyer do not want item" function on Ebay which was not true at all. Couldn't leave a review nor contact him, but it is what it is.

But I did manage to score a deal for another vehicle, also from a UK seller (this one being real good):
1695549948443.png

Please, let me never dig into the Windows photos app ever again.... I will never recover!

Pretty sure seller has to abide by the shipping price they declared when you bought the item. Ebay can’t force them to sell you the item if they changed their mind, but they CAN force a refund if the seller tried to pull a bait and switch with sudden extra shipping fees.
Yeah, I guess so. But in this situation, the seller clicked some strange button, retracting and canceling the purchase. I don't agree with this practice since if you don't want your item to low-ball, why set a low opening bid without reservation?

Damn you Windows Photos, now you've slowed down my PC to 90's standard!

If your pc was "upgraded" to windows 10 you could hack the old photo viewer back as should still be there, just hidden. I too hate the photos app. Could also dl a 3rd party photo viewer if your pc wasn't "upgraded" to windows 10.

Or you could go the linux mint route to rid yourself of microsoft.

As for the topic of current discussion, I have had similar experiences as a buyer when sellers sold for less than they expected. Usually they lie and say the item was broken then cancel with "buyer asked to cancel". As a seller I have always honored the transaction even when accidentally put price too low or shipping was more than expected. In fact, countless times I upgraded postage for free just to be nice.

Yeah, I guess so. But in this situation, the seller clicked some strange button, retracting and canceling the purchase. I don't agree with this practice since if you don't want your item to low-ball, why set a low opening bid without reservation?

Damn you Windows Photos, now you've slowed down my PC to 90's standard!

The option to cancel is always there. It’s just not possible to make someone to ship something against their will and they’ll find a way to weasel out of it if they don’t want to.

The only things that keep the fragile system together are intangibles like reputation, honor, feedback, etc.

They absolutely should’ve set a reserve or a higher starting price to avoid the issue. Ultimately they chose to balk on a commitment instead of making good which says all there needs to be said about them.

But congrats on the Code 3 Gunship. That’s a fantastic model.

Oh don’t tease me! I will have to start practicing and scripting my justification speech to the lady.. :acme
Just say "hey, they sent me the wrong one! This aint Obiwan!" Then come up with something about how to return it will cost too much so no point. 2 times out of 10, it works every time 😉

Why do they keep giving Ahsoka a back design that you can see on the streets.

Back