1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think HT will make Mando S3? The notable differences are his 2 new upgraded Mando blasters and no right thigh blaster holster :LOL:
2023-07-06_21.06.40.jpg

I know most of you are going to say
no-no-grogu.gif

Last edited:
Curious why you say Sideshow's isn't up to par? I've got it and I think it's pretty good. They went to the trouble of getting the flamethrower correct, which is unique to the Supertrooper, included the beach towel "cape" and in general seem to have captured it quite nicely. With that said, I'd still get an HT version...because Boba Fett :)
The flamethrower and rocket are the only redeeming qualities. The materials used are just subpar. The chestplates are atrocious. Also the helmet needs to be much, much wider.

Expecting another couple dozen Star Wars announcements by the end of the year. Ahsoka related reveals will likely occupy a good bit of those spots in Hot Toys schedule.

The ahsoka show is definitely going to dominate the foreseeable future come august.
Before that, I would assume mandalorian moff g, a clone or 70, then the ahsoka onslaught.
Also, I don’t think a new iron man has been announced in the last 3 days, so you can expect a few of those for summer showcase.

Still hoping for some additional ROTJ announcements... I also don't think Andor fans are going to get the figures they're hoping for. It's a great show...that doesn't have a lot of action figure potential to a broader audience... at least that's what HT seems to believe.

Expecting another couple dozen Star Wars announcements by the end of the year. Ahsoka related reveals will likely occupy a good bit of those spots in Hot Toys schedule.

Thinking the same, think the summer announcements will be all ROTJ and TCW, while post Ahsoka show, it'll be all focused on that show.

Been quiet on the Star Wars front since Sideous/Fox, think that will change this month.

We got 5 Kenobi figures in a span of 2 months last year during the summer.

I have renewed hope for a 1983 Harrison Ford as Han sculpt after seeing them get Indy right.

Ok it's the old version but a figure of Han in the Endor trenchcoat would be so awesome.

I dont know, we were thinking Mando season 3 was going to be dominating and that idea has hardly come to fruition, not a bit.

And not to mention the complete lack of Andor figures. Not even one.

I would not be betting the farm that there's going to be a bunch of Ahsoka figures. Even if there were, that version of Hera is just LOL, tbh.

I really hope we'll see some ROTJ announcements this year, besides the inevitable Ahsoka ones. I'd definitely be up for Boush Leia, Chewie and Han.
Yes please. Instant PO for those ROTJ figures.
I would not be betting the farm that there's going to be a bunch of Ahsoka figures. Even if there were, that version of Hera is just LOL, tbtbh.
I wasn't a fan of Rebels. I'm not a big animation guy anyway but I particularly disliked Rebels. Filoni's weakest work.
Couldn't stand the characters. They were pretty much unwatchable.
I did however like Hera.
I am making some very limited exceptions to my OT only collection, the excellent Fennec figure for example, and I might have been tempted to make an exception for a particularly good Hera. However....
Hera looks laughable in this show. The costumes look awful and cheap. I'd call it cosplay level but that'd be an insult to cosplayers.
Hera just plain looks off and any figure would of course be this version.

Thought they would be up by now, it's usually the first week of July.

It'll be a Princess Peach Cloney and a Taylor Swift Iron Man anyway 🤣🤣🤣
Thinking the same thing , no con exclusives this year since SS is doing their own thing . Oh well , gives me a chance to save more money for next year if the next announcements are going to be from ROTJ and TCW.

I just looked at SS and they are down to 31 Star Wars HT on pre-release and about 12 of those are on some kind of waitlist. I am betting some of the second AOTC wave are going waitlist soon.

I would bet the two remaining inquisitors are next. I am always amazed at how HT handles this license.

Thinking the same thing , no con exclusives this year since SS is doing their own thing . Oh well , gives me a chance to save more money for next year if the next announcements are going to be from ROTJ and TCW.
I need to keep reminding myself not to be disappointed once the reveals around ComicCon hit and are nothing like what was hoped for/speculated. Those Con exclusives were usually fairly decent...so I will miss that.

Yes please. Instant PO for those ROTJ figures.

I wasn't a fan of Rebels. I'm not a big animation guy anyway but I particularly disliked Rebels. Filoni's weakest work.
Couldn't stand the characters. They were pretty much unwatchable.
I did however like Hera.
I am making some very limited exceptions to my OT only collection, the excellent Fennec figure for example, and I might have been tempted to make an exception for a particularly good Hera. However....
Hera looks laughable in this show. The costumes look awful and cheap. I'd call it cosplay level but that'd be an insult to cosplayers.
Hera just plain looks off and any figure would of course be this version.
rebels edit.jpg

It is indeed fair because all of those things are true. This meme was intended to show the levelheadedness of all SW fans except for people complaining about Mando s3 IIRC. Which is pretty funny, because if you insult Rebels those fans will try to shame you into silence. "LOL YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND SW!" oh baby, I understand it just fine; I just find Ezra bridger annoying in the extreme, as well as a bit of a Mary Sue.

I still am not thrilled about the mess that constituted Mando s3, I will tell the world about it and personal insults will not stand in for an actual logical argument. when the high point of the season is Babu Frik's BIL fleeing from Grogu while using a tier 2 vulgarity, you know we got... problems.

Back