1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be happy with some 2.0's like a new farmboy Luke, ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin, but I would gladly give them all up for Andor figures.

I don't know, I didn't hate Rebels. I'm not going to shame anyone who did. I did find Ezra to be annoying for most of the show and I can't fault anyone for feeling that way.

That said, Kanan is literally a top 3 Star Wars character for me. I love his journey and find him to be one of the most compelling characters and genuine Jedi we've ever seen. Sabine, for the most part, I thought was a cool character. Zeb is the comic relief/goofy older brother type, but it never really annoyed me. Hera and Chopper are great and I think most people would find it hard to argue against those two at the very least.

Ahsoka, Rex, and Mon Mothma did have some cool moments in the show and I really liked Agent Kallus and have been hoping to see more of him at some point. And of course, that final confrontation between Maul and Obi-Wan. Over too quick, but it would have been a disservice to the Obi-Wan character to draw that fight out.

Yes, the animation wasn't as crisp at the later seasons of Clone Wars. And yes, the lightsabers look stupid. And yes, Ezra sucks. But I never found the show to be bad. Especially as we got into the later seasons. It's a slog early on but Filoni shows have always started slow and finished strong in my opinion.

I'd be happy with some 2.0's like a new farmboy Luke, ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin, but I would gladly give them all up for Andor figures.
I'm surprised they haven't made a Cassian Andor yet. I guess it's because the show wasn't as popular. I know there's a custom run going for him under Siberian Customs so may have to jump on that.

I really hope we'll see some ROTJ announcements this year, besides the inevitable Ahsoka ones. I'd definitely be up for Boush Leia, Chewie and Han. Might be interested in a new Emperor.

From the Ahsoka line, I hope we'll see a Hera/Chopper set.

Hopefully there are a few more ROTJ announcements, there’s still the other half of the year to go so may there’ll be a chance. Boush Liea would be a must for me! I wouldn’t be surprised if they do another ROTJ Luke using the newer DX23/24/25 heads.

I dont know, we were thinking Mando season 3 was going to be dominating and that idea has hardly come to fruition, not a bit.

And not to mention the complete lack of Andor figures. Not even one.

I would not be betting the farm that there's going to be a bunch of Ahsoka figures. Even if there were, that version of Hera is just LOL, tbh.

Yeah I thought there’d be plenty of Mando S3 reveals by now, but we’ve only gotten the Grogu IG-12 + accessories thus far. Perhaps a few more later on (?)

Andor unfortunately doesn’t seem to be getting any whatsoever, but such is the hobby…

Last edited:
View attachment 648714

It is indeed fair because all of those things are true. This meme was intended to show the levelheadedness of all SW fans except for people complaining about Mando s3 IIRC. Which is pretty funny, because if you insult Rebels those fans will try to shame you into silence. "LOL YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND SW!" oh baby, I understand it just fine; I just find Ezra bridger annoying in the extreme, as well as a bit of a Mary Sue.

I still am not thrilled about the mess that constituted Mando s3, I will tell the world about it and personal insults will not stand in for an actual logical argument. when the high point of the season is Babu Frik's BIL fleeing from Grogu while using a tier 2 vulgarity, you know we got... problems.
Rebels had an astonishing number of unlikeable characters. I'm often amazed at how many people liked the show. But I don't particularly care about the animated stuff so what would I know, each to their own etc etc. I've accepted that Star Wars has moved on without me. I see so many comments on social media from fans that seem to love everything that has Star Wars slapped on the side I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Seems the likes of Kenobi, BoBF and season 3 of Mando were well liked.

Mando season 3 finally pushed me over the edge into abandoning Disney Wars.. It had its moments but was a far weaker season that 1 & 2.

Last edited:
I don't know, I didn't hate Rebels. I'm not going to shame anyone who did. I did find Ezra to be annoying for most of the show and I can't fault anyone for feeling that way.

That said, Kanan is literally a top 3 Star Wars character for me. I love his journey and find him to be one of the most compelling characters and genuine Jedi we've ever seen. Sabine, for the most part, I thought was a cool character. Zeb is the comic relief/goofy older brother type, but it never really annoyed me. Hera and Chopper are great and I think most people would find it hard to argue against those two at the very least.

Ahsoka, Rex, and Mon Mothma did have some cool moments in the show and I really liked Agent Kallus and have been hoping to see more of him at some point. And of course, that final confrontation between Maul and Obi-Wan. Over too quick, but it would have been a disservice to the Obi-Wan character to draw that fight out.

Yes, the animation wasn't as crisp at the later seasons of Clone Wars. And yes, the lightsabers look stupid. And yes, Ezra sucks. But I never found the show to be bad. Especially as we got into the later seasons. It's a slog early on but Filoni shows have always started slow and finished strong in my opinion.

I think this is one of the main criticisms of Rebels, I enjoyed the show, didn't love it and haven't done a re-watch of it like I've done with TCW multiple times, but unlike TCW where Ahsoka got better with each season, Ezra was annoying pretty much throughout the show. I also thought Season 2 was the show at its best (the season 2 finale two parter is fantastic), and I think Vader, Ahsoka and Rex play a big part of that.

I had some issues with Sabine as well, she seemed to be perfect at everything and building a "machine that destroys Mandalorian armor" for the Empire at the Age of like 14 was a bit much for me. Zeb is kinda just there with a few episodes centered around him.

However, Hera and Kanan are some of the best post GL characters we've gotten.

Last edited:
Hera(Mary Elizabeth Winstead alone makes her a must) and Old Man Rex are the only two I'd buy from the Ahsoka series.

I think this is one of the main criticisms of Rebels, I enjoyed the show, didn't love it and haven't done a rewatch of it like I've done with TCW multiple times, (where Vader, Ahsoka and Rex play major parts), but unlike TCW where Ahsoka got better with each season, Ezra was annoying pretty much throughout the show. I also thought Season 2 was the show at its best (the season 2 finale two parter is fantastic), and I think Vader, Ahsoka and Rex play a big part of that.

I had some issues with Sabine as well, she seemed to be perfect at everything and building a "machine that destroys Mandalorian armor" for the Empire at the Age of like 14 was a bit much for me. Zeb is kinda just there with a few episodes centered around him.

However, Hera and Kanan are some of the best post GL characters we've gotten.
Agree with this. I personally found Ezra, Zeb and Sabine so unlikeable. Kanan was better than them but I never really liked him that much for whatever reason.
Liked Hera.
There was a handful of decent episodes in Rebels but they were massively outweighed by the meh or downright filler episodes.
Filoni's shows are so unbalanced. Season 2 of Bad Batch had a few great episodes but most were a slog to get through.
Same for TCW, same for Rebels. Show will go from a great episode to a bunch of garbage episodes so quick you get whiplash.
The Mandalorian season 1 & 2 was a very mixed bag too. Few good episodes, couple decent episodes, rest meh.
I imagine Ahsoka will be the same.

I watched Rebels for the first time earlier this year and it was way better than I thought it would be. I'm not the biggest fan of the animated shows and I have been trying to get into TCW multiple times, but I just can't seem to keep any interest in it. So for that reason I didn't bother with Rebels either.

But then we saw Zeb in the third season of The Mandalorian and then came the Ahsoka trailer and I got interested in seeing more of these characters. Plus I knew it had Thrawn in it, whom I knew from the Zahn books which I read years ago and am currently rereading.

And I have to say, the show gripped me from the first moment. It really felt like Star Wars but it didn't have any Skywalkers or Kenobi's or other major characters. At least not in the beginning and when some of them did appear later, it was often a brief appearance and it worked within the story. The first season also had great use of existing Star Wars musical themes which only enforced that Star Wars feeling. Unfortunately later seasons seemed to lean more to an original score that lacked the John Williams epicness.

But anyway, I came to really like the characters with Hera being my favorite, quickly followed by Kanan. Sure, Ezra could be annoying, but it didn't bother me too much, because he's a kid. They often are annoying.
There was some weird stuff by the time the show was over, like the helicopter lightsabers and the superwolves, but in the end I really enjoyed the show and I hope to add at least a HT Hera from Ahsoka to the collection but I will probably go for Sabine and Thrawn as well. I hope Zeb makes an appearance too.

I watched Rebels for the first time earlier this year and it was way better than I thought it would be. I'm not the biggest fan of the animated shows and I have been trying to get into TCW multiple times, but I just can't seem to keep any interest in it. So for that reason I didn't bother with Rebels either.

But then we saw Zeb in the third season of The Mandalorian and then came the Ahsoka trailer and I got interested in seeing more of these characters. Plus I knew it had Thrawn in it, whom I knew from the Zahn books which I read years ago and am currently rereading.

And I have to say, the show gripped me from the first moment. It really felt like Star Wars but it didn't have any Skywalkers or Kenobi's or other major characters. At least not in the beginning and when some of them did appear later, it was often a brief appearance and it worked within the story. The first season also had great use of existing Star Wars musical themes which only enforced that Star Wars feeling. Unfortunately later seasons seemed to lean more to an original score that lacked the John Williams epicness.

But anyway, I came to really like the characters with Hera being my favorite, quickly followed by Kanan. Sure, Ezra could be annoying, but it didn't bother me too much, because he's a kid. They often are annoying.
There was some weird stuff by the time the show was over, like the helicopter lightsabers and the superwolves, but in the end I really enjoyed the show and I hope to add at least a HT Hera from Ahsoka to the collection but I will probably go for Sabine and Thrawn as well. I hope Zeb makes an appearance too.
Ha ha, that's what I mean. They turn out stuff like Rebels and Kenobi and BoBF and the 3rd season of Mandalorian and fans love it.
I'm just so out of touch with what Star Wars is now. I guess I got old.
But bless you, I'm happy fans are happy. Keep enjoying it mate.

As for next figures. ROTJ or any OT please Hot Toys. Boushh Leia, Endor Han, ROTJ Boba re-release, Gamorrean guard (proper ROTJ one please). Anything really.

Ha ha, that's what I mean. They turn out stuff like Rebels and Kenobi and BoBF and the 3rd season of Mandalorian and fans love it.
I'm just so out of touch with what Star Wars is now. I guess I got old.
But bless you, I'm happy fans are happy. Keep enjoying it mate.

As for next figures. ROTJ or any OT please Hot Toys. Boushh Leia, Endor Han, ROTJ Boba re-release, Gamorrean guard (proper ROTJ one please). Anything really.
I’m in the same boat as you scouting for toys. I got old and have no interest in the new shows. I really only want ot and you have me thinking about going ot only and selling off my prequel figures. Was it hard to cut the cord and go ot only?

I’m in the same boat as you scouting for toys. I got old and have no interest in the new shows. I really only want ot and you have me thinking about going ot only and selling off my prequel figures. Was it hard to cut the cord and go ot only?
You know what, in the end its actually been quite easy.
Feels freeing. I'm also excited about collecting again.

You know what, in the end its actually been quite easy.
Feels freeing. I'm also excited about collecting again.
At the end of the day, collect what you enjoy. I've got a couple of shelves full of Mando figures, some prequel figures and the four heroes from the sequel trilogy (although, since I have them TOGETHER in a display it's obviously only my own collecting head canon). There was enough goodness in Mando and the figures from BOBF and Kenobi are pretty cool, so I pulled the trigger on some of those even though I found the overall source material a bit frustrating. Interested if those who bail from one significant franchise (or a portion of) find another to fill that void or do you actually have disposable cash now? :)

At the end of the day, collect what you enjoy. I've got a couple of shelves full of Mando figures, some prequel figures and the four heroes from the sequel trilogy (although, since I have them TOGETHER in a display it's obviously only my own collecting head canon). There was enough goodness in Mando and the figures from BOBF and Kenobi are pretty cool, so I pulled the trigger on some of those even though I found the overall source material a bit frustrating. Interested if those who bail from one significant franchise (or a portion of) find another to fill that void or do you actually have disposable cash now? :)
Old OT figures are expensive now. Money from sold figures soon disappears when you're tracking down older "grail" figures. I'm also holding some back in case HT put up some more ROTJ figs.
Other than that, yeah I guess I have more disposable income.
I am partially retired from the hobby.

If I decide to go ot only, I would still collect the 66 Batman series from mars toys. Those won’t break the bank either. I have 5 hot toys still in the shipper with no desire to open them. The batpod, battle droid, shiny, clone pilot, and aotc R2 are just staring at me every night. I definitely lost my mojo for collecting, probably from the complete lack of exciting ot characters being announced. Sometimes I don’t know if I want the figure I preorder or have fomo. I definitely need a break to reassess my Dollie’s. Or hot toys could release an amazing Han and I’d be right back in the game.

Attachments

• IMG_0932.png
    IMG_0932.png
    535.7 KB · Views: 0
I'd love to see Hot Toys tackle Rebels in the same way they handled The Clone Wars.

I'm curious if anything new will be revealed at Sideshow Con.

Back