1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are enough subtle differences to the ANH vs ESB Stormtroopers, in helmets, armors and even E-11 blasters. But is this enough for HT to make the ESB Stormies? I kind of doubt it. Though I know I would buy a pair of ESB TK's.

The thing is that the OT (ANH, ESB, ROTJ) Stormtroopers are not present in the new movies and series anymore. They have been replaced by different versions, which are becoming the cannon for the Disney Star Wars.
Do you count the Rogue One type as an OT trooper? I know they made some adjustments to the helmets, but they are still meant to represent the same type of Stormtrooper. Not something totally different like a Shore- or Deathtrooper.

Because there were regular Stormtroopers running around in Andor.

Although it seems like toymakers are ignoring that show altogether.

Do you count the Rogue One type as an OT trooper? I know they made some adjustments to the helmets, but they are still meant to represent the same type of Stormtrooper. Not something totally different like a Shore- or Deathtrooper.

Because there were regular Stormtroopers running around in Andor.

Although it seems like toymakers are ignoring that show altogether.
In my books true OT Stormtroopers remain the ones from ANH, ESB, ROTJ. All others are Disney OT or simply Disney Stormtroopers

The thing is that the OT (ANH, ESB, ROTJ) Stormtroopers are not present in the new movies and series anymore. They have been replaced by different versions, which are becoming the cannon for the Disney Star Wars.
I’m confused by this statement. The OT style TK troopers have been in The Mandalorian, Kenobi, Rogue One, Andor, Fallen Order, The Bad Batch and Rebels. Maybe there’s small variations in their armor but that’s really not a big deal at that point.

I can’t say I understand how other troopers are becoming cannon when we’ve seen those classic troopers in every non-ST production in the Disney era except for The Book of Boba Fett.

I’m confused by this statement. The OT style TK troopers have been in The Mandalorian, Kenobi, Rogue One, Andor, Fallen Order, The Bad Batch and Rebels. Maybe there’s small variations in their armor but that’s really not a big deal at that point.

I can’t say I understand how other troopers are becoming cannon when we’ve seen those classic troopers in every non-ST production in the Disney era except for The Book of Boba Fett.
OT style Stormtroopers does not equal OT Stormtroopers.

I'll show you a comparison between HT versions, as imperfect they might be, you can still see the differences.

For more info about the real armors and helmets visit: Original Stormtrooper Helmets and Armor Sub Menu

Hot Toys Stormtrooper OT & RO comparison.jpg

Hot Toys Sandtrooper OT & RO comparison.jpg

I do like having a few Disney stormtroopers in the display but I overall prefer the OT ones. I missed the boat on most of them except 1 ROTJ stormie so I hope they do more, but you know Howard is gunna Howard.

It’s a tragedy that dreadful Obi-Wan show has so many figures and Andor not a single one. I guess they only make figures based on viewing figures not quality of the product.
At this point I just hope we get andor from rogue one. How did they not make him during the initial rogue one releases? Maybe he is the Disney Star Wars version of Han?

Thanks for sharing those comparison pics, jkno.

The newer ST also tend to look chunkier to me, for some reason.
I do like having a few Disney stormtroopers in the display but I overall prefer the OT ones. I missed the boat on most of them except 1 ROTJ stormie so I hope they do more, but you know Howard is gunna Howard.
Thanks for the comparison pics! I think I prefer the OT to the post OT overall.
The new Stormtrooper armors used by Disney are more comfortable for the actors who use them. But that makes them looking less like the classic OT Stormies. We know the OT Stormie armors are helmets are wonky and asymmetrical, while the Disney armors are more of what you would see on a real life Stormtrooper.

Even so the wonkiness and asymmetry of the old Star Wars armors, helmets and overall suits (not just Stormtroopers, but also Vader, Fett, Rebels etc.) give the charm of these classic characters. And a wonky Vader helmet is always creepier and menacing than a perfectly symmetrical one.

The 4th sister is easily the best design IMHO. They could have just let her handle the plot done by the 3rd sister and just save the #3 for a future project. Instead, they sunk the Inquisitorious in one go. I still want the 2 figures though so please, HT.
That would not have worked since we see 4th sister in Rebels, still part of the team. Spinning helicopter lightsaber and all (not hating on Rebels but that was laaaaaame).

I had no particular problem with 3rd sister, just how her story was handled. Imagine instead that we see the full flashback opening the first episode, being fully aware she is on a mission of vengeance against Vader while also working for him. Then later when she meets Obi-Wan, she says “Anakin survived, he is now Vader, let’s join forces and plot to take him down.” Instantly a better show.

Gangs of New York in Star Wars.

Anyway…….next figure might be Cal from the video game. Or something from Bad Batch. Those are my guesses.

I’d like to get some more Imperial troopers. I think a probe droid would be cool. I missed out on the snow troopers and only have 1 ROTJ stormie. Are there enough differences to warrant an ESB stormtrooper or were they the same as ANH?

Also a jump trooper would be awesome.

I can't see them making an ESB trooper. It's quite easy to make one. I made one a while ago from ANH Trooper by painting the nose frown black, using extra hands from the ROTJ Trooper, and switching the holster to the right hip. I wish they would, but I doubt it.

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3575.jpg
    IMG_3575.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3278.jpg
    IMG_3278.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That would not have worked since we see 4th sister in Rebels, still part of the team. Spinning helicopter lightsaber and all (not hating on Rebels but that was laaaaaame).

I had no particular problem with 3rd sister, just how her story was handled. Imagine instead that we see the full flashback opening the first episode, being fully aware she is on a mission of vengeance against Vader while also working for him. Then later when she meets Obi-Wan, she says “Anakin survived, he is now Vader, let’s join forces and plot to take him down.” Instantly a better show.

Gangs of New York in Star Wars.

Anyway…….next figure might be Cal from the video game. Or something from Bad Batch. Those are my guesses.
Exactly. Even if she didn’t make the connection at the temple and then wham.

The Sith were so much cooler when there were only 2. All this sister brother bollocks is ridiculous 😒
Technically speaking, the inquisitors were not actual Sith, they were just dark side users that Vader bossed around. I know it's semantics, but they had to find a way to sneak in more baddies other than Vader and Grandaddy Palps.

Technically speaking, the inquisitors were not actual Sith, they were just dark side users that Vader bossed around. I know it's semantics, but they had to find a way to sneak in more baddies other than Vader and Grandaddy Palps.

Exactly. It's a very important distinction though that goes beyond semantics. I find the idea of Force wielders outside the Jedi and Sith to be very interesting..

Dark Side Force users as acolytes, agents, and inquisitors is a concept that long predates the Disney canon. It's been great to see the Inquisitors of the Empire get a lot of development in the new canon.

They were goofy in Kenobi but have gotten a lot better treatment in other canon media like games and comics.

Back