1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do fear that HT is going down the same clones-clones-clones rabbit hole that wiped out dozens of potential creatures/droids/others from the Sideshow SW line while it was in its prime.

With SSC SW1/6 license now all over (other than animated), we are left to wonder what coolness might have been if Sideshow had restricted themselves to two dozen clones instead of twelve dozen.
exactly.
I basically put this in a shorter comment earlier but other Collector's seen it differently.
I had amassed near all of SSC offerings,but once the Clones came,it was burn out city.
The Commanders I get,but the over and above is just not my thing.
It just feels like HT are being lazy.
All power to those that collect them,just my humble opinion. 😇

New - Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder)
New - Lando Calrissian
Reissue - Darth Vader
Reissue - Boba Fett
Repaint - Boba Fett (Vintage)
Just re-check, yeah I was wrong, but the ESB anniversary release came in waves with different time patterns.

May 4th, 2020 - Vintage Boba and reissue of Vader
August 14th, 2020 - Snow-speeder Luke
September 18th, 2020 - Bespin Lando and reissue of Boba

It means could be more to come for ROTJ anniversary throughout the year, but definitely NOT coming all one time in May 4th like folks here are crying to no end.

Just re-check, yeah I was wrong, but the ESB anniversary release came in waves with different time patterns.

May 4th, 2020 - Vintage Boba and reissue of Vader
August 14th, 2020 - Snow-speeder Luke
September 18th, 2020 - Bespin Lando and reissue of Boba

It means could be more to come for ROTJ anniversary throughout the year, but definitely NOT coming all one time in May 4th like folks here are crying to no end.

Yeah, exactly; there’s still a lot of time left in the year for ROTJ 40th.

I think they still could’ve showed us a bit more for May 4th this year, but we should see additional announcements over time like ESB 40th.

second wave of AOTC anniversary last year came in like nearly the end of the year, lol. So yeah, patient is the virtue in this case.

exactly.
I basically put this in a shorter comment earlier but other Collector's seen it differently.
I had amassed near all of SSC offerings,but once the Clones came,it was burn out city.
The Commanders I get,but the over and above is just not my thing.
It just feels like HT are being lazy.
All power to those that collect them,just my humble opinion. 😇

I mean, you’re not wrong. Sideshow took the quick and easy path and ultimately paid the price by creating their own demise with Clone fatigue.

Those of us collecting 1:6 figures back then can certainly remember how disappointing it was to get what amounted to constant repaints as creativity faded. Even amongst Clone fans and trooper collectors, it was near a breaking point. The frustration around the Bomb Squad Clone at the end was explosive.

So despite having a massive Clone focus myself, I’m a strong proponent of variety and spreading them out over time along with mixing in additional proper variants instead of just constant repaints.

For the line to be healthy, there needs to be a proper blend of eras, named characters, troopers, droids, aliens, creatures, vehicles, etc. It feels like Clones have been getting a bit more attention lately with current shows and anniversaries, but I don’t think they’re headed towards the same negative oversaturation as Sideshow yet.

I’d be more worried if Hot Toys had released all the AOTC Clone Officer variants last year for example, which they could’ve.

Shellfish allergies….Mon Calamari perhaps?
Who approved this?

More like Ford being… shellfish with his likeness rights.

Sorry.

53DB8E46-B39E-41CC-8440-A9FB3248EDDC.gif

While I'm tempted to say, "Worst May 4th offering from Hot Toys ever..." to be honest, it's pretty much we customers and superfans that hype up this day as a monumental event for Star Wars licensed releases.

Hot Toys will usually throw us a bone or two on this day, but I honestly can't remember a May 4th that really blew our socks off unless among the one or two releases on the day there was one that we all were really looking forward to. This year they probably thought that was Palps. and they would have been right if it were ROTJ Palps!

Oh well...

Glad for this lineup - nothing I really want, so my wallet gets a break :) Now, if they made some OT stuff, I'd be in trouble and I'm really surprised at the lack of ROTJ options on offer so far. Also, as someone who was late to the game getting into clones, I wish HT would take a different tact with them - keep them in production or stagger production. They would sell SO many more clones/troopers if they gave people the time to army build (most people are not in a position to buy 10 of anything all at one go - but they *would* buy them over the course of a year or two).

Anybody else notice the last two Inquisitors got bumped up on the “coming soon” part of SS site? Was OWB this popular?

Anybody else notice the last two Inquisitors got bumped up on the “coming soon” part of SS site? Was OWB this popular?

Noticed they gave them nice updated pics too from their recent HT video from last week.

Regardless what some fans thought of the show (I know I for sure had my issues with it), the show was incredibly popular and a success for Lucasfilm.

Didn't they also bump the Cobb Vanth figure just before he was announced? We might see them up this week then. Not sure if I'll get any of them, but I think the Fourth Sister looks pretty cool, so I'm interested to see that figure.

I get that they're driven by numbers but it's absolutely insane to me that they'd make ALL four inquisitors from the kenobi show yet they haven't touched the second sister from Fallen Order who is by far the most compelling character of them all (and also has an incredible design by the way). She's also well liked in the community from what I've seen. Instead, we'll get two inquisitors that might have had 10 minutes combined screen time in a show that was divisive to say the least. Yay.

Back