1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I don't understand why anyone's anticipating an Indiana Jones merchandizing revival with the new film. Yeah, maybe some merch for that film specifically but then when the film is poorly received that kills it.:dunno

I would settle for a DX 2.0 with a good Ford sculpt and a different dio piece.

I think at best - if HT touches Indy 5 at all - there'll be one figure from that film which will offer some new kitbashing opportunities. And that's it. It'd be nice to be wrong.

I think at best - if HT touches Indy 5 at all - there'll be one figure from that film which will offer some new kitbashing opportunities. And that's it. It'd be nice to be wrong.

You would think HT would have learned something from the Terminator franchise...

IF they do, and this is a huge if, I would not bet a dollar on it..... If they do, it will 1. Debunk the theory that HT is Big Mad at Ford and 2. I bet HT sculpts Indy's hat on his head permanently JUST!!! to foil would-be customizers who would want to turn him into Han Solo. I could see them trolling people like that, yes I could. :p

About the Mando V3 with bike: I think that is dependant on how much stock is out there for V2. If there are a lot of them at SS, I don't think V3 is coming anytime soon. They can easily turn it into just the bike + parts.

So, with hunter now confirmed, i believe Mando and speeder is the last item displayed during May the 4th event yet to go up for PO. hopefully, we get treated with a few new reveals during the summer.
Indeed. No Bespin Luke nor CW General Kenobi displayed.
About the Mando V3 with bike: I think that is dependant on how much stock is out there for V2. If there are a lot of them at SS, I don't think V3 is coming anytime soon. They can easily turn it into just the bike + parts.
Makes sense to me. But with HT, I will believe it when I see it, especially with a vehicle. Mando is on fire though and a V3 is incoming one way or another. On the May the 4th booth tour, the SS guy DID say it was coming real soon to the site. We shall see.

Last edited:
Yes, there was a specific risk with ST merchandise, but there was a point in time where the ST was dragging everything Star Wars down with it to an extent.

Doesn’t mean OT specific items weren’t selling, but it’s important to remember that diehard collectors like us exist in a bubble.

There are collectors who will happily buy collectibles and toys from the OT, PT, TCW, Rebels, games, comics, Legends, etc. to suit their tastes, but there aren’t enough of us to see the kind of profits these companies want to see.

There needs to be something big that’s marketable like a tent-pole film, event, tie-in, anniversary, new TV show, and the like to get the general population excited to mitigate risk and sell as much plastic as possible.

So there was a definite low point between the harsh TFA post honeymoon period and The Mandalorian’s rise to popularity that tarnished (relatively speaking) the marketability of the brand as a whole, especially in the eyes of the companies that made products for the movies that didn’t sell well.

Even though it’s only been a few years, it’s easy to forget how bleak the future of Star Wars as a whole looked before Disney+ and the revival of The Clone Wars, the premier of The Mandalorian, and the announcement of a whole slate of new shows.
What are you even talking about? ST didn’t sell and the impact was only to the ST.

OT and PT Hot Toys sold out during that period. ST didn’t.

OT and PT 3.75 TVC items sold out. ST rarely did unless it was Luke.

OT and PT Black Series items sold out. ST didn’t.

This is just false. OT and PT Star Wars merch was still selling great. It is why merch is still being made and sold at stores now and nothing from the ST.

I didn't say it wasn't selling. I specifically agreed that merch from OT was still selling, but specifically to collectors and more avid fans (who also buy from the PT and others but would regardless of what's going on with Star Wars in general).

I was speaking more to how the ST era negatively affected the overall brand marketability, especially to the general population, which put some companies in a difficult place. That is something companies like Hot Toys and Diamond Select have spoken about.

Even Howard Chan called The Mandalorian "[...] the dawn after the dark" when talking about how awful the ST sales were.

Last edited:
What are you even talking about? ST didn’t sell and the impact was only to the ST.

This is just false. OT and PT Star Wars merch was still selling great. It is why merch is still being made and sold at stores now and nothing from the ST.

Since Mando there has been an absolute impact with the desire for PT/OT stuff. Whether it sells out or not doesn't have much to do with it. Everything does eventually, but you had Bespin Leia for example sitting around. The RotJ Stormtroopers took forever to sell out on Sideshow. Before Mando/Clone Wars S7 I saw people selling off MMS429 Luke for under $200 and RotS Anakin for around the same price too. There were tons of deals to be had then.

I think the ST absolutely had an effect on merch for the other eras and Mando brought those people back and more.

Since Mando there has been an absolute impact with the desire for PT/OT stuff. Whether it sells out or not doesn't have much to do with it. Everything does eventually, but you had Bespin Leia for example sitting around. The RotJ Stormtroopers took forever to sell out on Sideshow. Before Mando/Clone Wars S7 I saw people selling off MMS429 Luke for under $200 and RotS Anakin for around the same price too. There were tons of deals to be had then.

I think the ST absolutely had an effect on merch for the other eras and Mando brought those people back and more.
Exactly. Thank you.

So, with hunter now confirmed, i believe Mando and speeder is the last item displayed during May the 4th event yet to go up for PO. hopefully, we get treated with a few new reveals during the summer.
Yup, and were still not getting any new releases, the last new release was Octo Suit Spider-Man from the PS4 game 3 weeks ago.

Kenobi and Luke are the big ones still missing that I hope we get sometime this summer, along with some new surprises.

Lol BS doesn’t always sell out. Check out the GameStop clearance sale FULL of OT figures. Cmon no reason to be hyperbolic. Everyone knows OT/PT sell and Mandalorian probably better than all.
https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=ECOM-GeneralPromos-61321CLRAF20&start=24&sz=24

I haven't seen the show, is that what he wears, just a suit?

There's always another SpiderMan it seems so that's a safe bet too.

I would like to see Iron Man Mark I diecast... if we get an Iron Man again.

They have to make 100 more figures so that one can be mms700.

I would like HT to actually start producing figures and then shipping them.

He wears his Avengers outfit, then briefly nothing, then mostly a potato sack. But his suit look with the campaign button was a widely marketed look and an easy enough figure for Hot Toys to do.

Back