1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does feel like they've barely had any releases this year. I know a bunch of figures have come out, but they're really trickling out slower than ever.
Covid and supply chains everywhere have slowed. Plus Justin said they really only have a production team of about 15 people. A very lean company.

Covid and supply chains everywhere have slowed. Plus Justin said they really only have a production team of about 15 people. A very lean company.
There's absolutely no way Hot Toys operates with just 15 people. They put out a video a couple years ago that showed some of their head painters and there's more than 15 of them in the room and they certainly don't put the figures together and pack them too.

If there is such thing as a 15 people team at Hot Toys, it is likely the one in charge of R&D, basically creating the prototypes. The actual production pieces are subcontracted to factories. Head sculpts paint application is the one part i'm wondering about. Possibly dealt with internally but certainly need more than 15 people to paint thousands units each year.

If there is such thing as a 15 people team at Hot Toys, it is likely the one in charge of R&D, basically creating the prototypes. The actual production pieces are subcontracted to factories. Head sculpts paint application is the one part i'm wondering about. Possibly dealt with internally but certainly need more than 15 people to paint thousands units each year.
It's only the leading team that consists of 15 people, not the amount of people employed at the factory lines.

Sorry I shouldn't of used the word production. Head office is about 15, then a few in the art team in South Korea and then the 4 HK retail stores and one in Japan? Who knows how many people in the production lines/factory workers. Just going off of Justin's last vid.

..........oh hey more BW figures =]

Attachments

• 199492832_588354905513634_1313654455157144725_n.jpg
    199492832_588354905513634_1313654455157144725_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 40
This is the most silly thing I've heard in my entire life, and you sir, has absolutely zero knowledge in manufacturing industry if you believe that ********. But I will take it that you misinterpreted from that Justin guy, that those 15 people are the freaking SCULPTORS under the supervision of JC Hong. The godamn production department are the workers working in the factory for the mass production.

In addition to figures, how about dioramas for Star Wars?

I would really like a bacta tank diorama, preferably with Darth Vader in it like in Rogue One, I think it would be an impeccable display piece.

Or or or, how's about a full 1/6 scale Sarlacc pit diorama!!!!! That would be most impressive and huge! It'd go great with Boba Fett!

In addition to figures, how about dioramas for Star Wars?

I would really like a bacta tank diorama, preferably with Darth Vader in it like in Rogue One, I think it would be an impeccable display piece.

Or or or, how's about a full 1/6 scale Sarlacc pit diorama!!!!! That would be most impressive and huge! It'd go great with Boba Fett!
The ROTJ Boba Fett came with a small scaled Sarlaac which is a neat piece. A full 1/6 one would be very big.

They’ve done small set pieces with figures and that’s probably the most they’d do.

Sideshow did a few diorama pieces which are great, but I don’t see Hot Toys stepping into that market.

Joost/Jazz Inc. is doing amazing work on that front, though.

The ROTJ Boba Fett came with a small scaled Sarlaac which is a neat piece. A full 1/6 one would be very big.

They’ve done small set pieces with figures and that’s probably the most they’d do.

Sideshow did a few diorama pieces which are great, but I don’t see Hot Toys stepping into that market.

Joost/Jazz Inc. is doing amazing work on that front, though.
Would be great if Sideshow continued their diorama line, of which Hot Toys probably will never do. They could easily overprice their dio’s and make a nice chunk of profit.

Joost has created many cool things in recent years, of which suits all types of collectors. From the detolf budget dio’s, which look amazing, to the highly detailed and crazy large Ultimate series like the Bespin duel and Snowspeeder.

I have a bridge to sell you if you believe that.
How much?
This is the most silly thing I've heard in my entire life, and you sir, has absolutely zero knowledge in manufacturing industry if you believe that ********. But I will take it that you misinterpreted from that Justin guy, that those 15 people are the freaking SCULPTORS under the supervision of JC Hong. The godamn production department are the workers working in the factory for the mass production.
Well I am thinking about buying a 3d printer and a bridge.

Back