1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think HT just didn't want to get the license for Fallen Order. Their Battlefront figures didn't sell that well I think. The shock trooper stuck around for a while and was fairly cheap. Too bad, I want the Purge Trooper and the Imperial Flame Trooper.

Man..sign me up for 2 of those Purge Troopers.

Well if we get an Indy5 figure before another Han, we'll know that Ford is the problem for sure.

Well he did quite a bit in the expanded universe. If you just look at the movie, then why recreate any of the background characters if they did nothing? He was in Shadows of the Empire and interacted a lot with Fett. I think the background is that they killed their creator and scattered across the galaxy. There was so much talent and thought to the media of SW beyond the shows and movies. To barely acknowledge those folks to keep building on those storylines or characters really is a tragedy, cause they certainly put a lot more thought, creativity and logic in than Lucas did on his movies/shows.
I don’t care about Legends apart from KOTOR though so to me doesn’t matter what he did in some books or games back in the day.

Paperweight.

There's a Black Series figure so I don't think there's an issue with WWE. She clearly signed her rights over for that to come out. If I had to guess, she's performing as Mercedes Varnado and not Sasha Banks so that probably negates needing WWE permission.
When I ordered her autograph, SWAU made it explicitly clear that she would be signing as Mercedes Varnado and not Sasha Banks, so there is something to that.

I hope a Koska Reeves figure happens. She is #2 on my most wanted from the show after The Armorer.

I think HT just didn't want to get the license for Fallen Order. Their Battlefront figures didn't sell that well I think. The shock trooper stuck around for a while and was fairly cheap. Too bad, I want the Purge Trooper and the Imperial Flame Trooper.
I think Hot Toys has a blanket Star Wars license but they don’t like to take unnecessary risks with it.

A Purge Trooper may have happened if they had already done an Airborne Trooper as a repaint, but I don’t think companies wanted to develop too much for the game in advance in case it flopped.

Hasbro made very minimal figures and only to meet the Triple Force Friday promotion.

It’s a shame, too. Love the game. Would’ve liked to see figures from it, as well as more merchandise in general.

I don’t care about Legends apart from KOTOR though so to me doesn’t matter what he did in some books or games back in the day.

Paperweight.
You'd like some of the stuff in there. Wookiepedia has good summaries of events. Events went the natural way I felt they should have went.
Clearly no one else at Lucasfilm cares about Legends either!

You'd like some of the stuff in there. Wookiepedia has good summaries of events. Events went the natural way I felt they should have went.
Clearly no one else at Lucasfilm cares about Legends either!
I would not say that nobody cares. They have incorporated/reincorporated parts of Legends into the current canon; Thrawn being the most prominent example.

A lot of it is small but sometimes significant, though a substantial amount has been cut and will not return. Sometimes for the best.

I was really into the EU and there’s still a lot there that I miss (like Rogue Squadron, KOTOR, Republic Commando, Dark Empire, and, Tartakovsky Clone Wars).

But there were also a lot of weird things about it that didn’t really hold up well. I agree that events did generally go naturally up to a certain point, but I did not like the Yuuzhan Vong war and what came after.

A pretty solid rumor of KOTOR getting a canon remake is out there, though, so that’s some good news.

Maybe my line of thinking is wrong, but I feel like Lucasfilm would not have allowed the XM Revan and Malak statues if they were intending to put their own versions of those two on screen. Great that the statues are being made but a shame if their story was never told in a live action.

Maybe my line of thinking is wrong, but I feel like Lucasfilm would not have allowed the XM Revan and Malak statues if they were intending to put their own versions of those two on screen. Great that the statues are being made but a shame if their story was never told in a live action.
A KOTOR remake is in the works according to reputable gaming insiders.

As a game or a show/movie? Because Lucasfilm probably wouldn't care about XM's interpretation as it relates to a third party game. I would like to play it though.

Appears to be a game, a few rumored Star Wars games have squealed out to leakers over the last few months.

My brother and I was talking about this the other night. Since HTs mainly focuses on main characters, there’s not many more to make before they start venturing into secondary/tertiary characters. Besides a few outliers like Bespin Han, Padme and ROTJ Vader, are there really that many HTs would consider making that would sell in their primary market?

I would not say that nobody cares. They have incorporated/reincorporated parts of Legends into the current canon; Thrawn being the most prominent example.

A lot of it is small but sometimes significant, though a substantial amount has been cut and will not return. Sometimes for the best.

I was really into the EU and there’s still a lot there that I miss (like Rogue Squadron, KOTOR, Republic Commando, Dark Empire, and, Tartakovsky Clone Wars).

But there were also a lot of weird things about it that didn’t really hold up well. I agree that events did generally go naturally up to a certain point, but I did not like the Yuuzhan Vong war and what came after.

A pretty solid rumor of KOTOR getting a canon remake is out there, though, so that’s some good news.
Well clearly the discussion to a limited amount of people nowadays. Got to find EU reddit threads or FB groups. It's all so ignored by the current clowns and honestly it didn't seem like Lucas cared to much about it and just liked the money coming in. He probably always thought of all the games/comics/etc. as an elseworlds universe while dragging his feet on the movies/shows. At least they want somewhere and did new things. Movies/shows are just repetitive and for some reason hateful towards Han and Luke. You had a bunch of Solo kids/Luke's son/Wedge's Rogues/New Republic world building/Jedi Academy building. I think they missed the mark on villains though, with Vong and the Killiks.

It reminds me of Star Trek, they don't know where to go from a storytelling point of view and just recreate/prequel the s*** out of the IP.

It wasn't really clear, but the studio that is doing the KOTOR game remasters games, not remake them. There is a difference and I think they are going to do a big facelift on it, but not totally remake it from the ground up.

It wasn't really clear, but the studio that is doing the KOTOR game remasters games, not remake them. There is a difference and I think they are going to do a big facelift on it, but not totally remake it from the ground up.
Jason Schrier, the most prominient and reliable industry insider has said it's a full remake of KOTOR, he's never really wrong so I'll believe him until proven otherwise.

Lucasfilm will ruin it, one way or another. Can't just bring something cool into current canon.

Last edited:
Aspyr does specialize in ports, and they’ve ported a number of Star Wars games already, but there are strong indications working on a full remake of KOTOR.

Along with info from Jason Schreier as Chris mentioned, the studio has been hiring people who worked at BioWare.

I think there’s potential there for this to be done the right way.

Despite losing things that I loved about the EU and strongly disagreeing with how the ST turned out, Disney era Star Wars is not all bad.

I hust hope if there is indeed a KOTOR remake, they stay true to the Original Revan's design.

Back