1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys prototypes updated .jpg

Looking at the image above and considering those figures plus all the others mentioned in this thread but not made as protos yet, HT would have their hands full for a decade, and also make fans happy. OT and PT figures would sell well, and even the ones which were never made from Rogue One and Solo. Don't get HT's choices, so many options out there, so few figures made...

You can understand that for various reasons ( a movie/show flops, production issues, licensing issues) occasionally figs will be announced/shown but not actually see release. But you look at these huge collections of images of all the shown/unreleased HT figs - more than two dozen (not including vehicles) over only maybe 4-5 years - and you really have to wonder.

I mean based on that past record, this situation happens roughly 6 times a year, every year. So on average, every two months, HT shows a fig that never sees release. That's kind of crazy.

It's hard to categorize this practice: it's sort of misleading, maybe inept, and perhaps even exploitative given HT (according to the Howard interview) uses these announcements to gauge interest - in ways that are unclear to collectors/customers - and make a yes/no decision.

It's also somehow cruel or mean to officially put something out there at shows or in official images (this is not just a HT employee hinting at them working on a fig), people get excited over many months and.... HT just simply never mentions/shows it ever again. It's not like HT ever makes comment as to why they repeatedly showed a fig with a "TBD" card then it was as if it never existed.

Last edited:
It's hard to categorize this practice: it's sort of misleading, maybe inept, and perhaps even exploitative given HT (according to the Howard interview) uses these announcements to gauge interest - in ways that are unclear to collectors/customers - and make a yes/no decision.
Which is a weird thing for a company to say when they don’t appear to interact with customers in any way - so by what metric would they be gauging interest? EXTRA weird for them to claim this when they put out probably a dozen figures per year that nobody asked for.

Like, what made them think they should produce Venomized Baby Groot, Deadpool, and Iron Man? Where are they taking their queues when they decide, “you know what the people want: Doctor Strange dressed up as Iron Man and an Armorized Deadpool”?

I'd rather would have had Obi Wan than Qui Gon released if they're only doing two of the three figures, and I have Qui Gon.

Always thought Qui-Gon was such a strange choice at the time, especially when Mace was still waiting to be made and we still have no TPM Obi-Wan.

I have him and looks great but doesn't really go with anyone besides Maul and AOTC Yoda.

It would be nice, but it's slighly possible this week will be either Moon Knight or maybe Morbius.

Also, Fantastic Beasts 3 is out Friday week and HT shared the trailer on their Instagram a few months back so we might see something, likely a Newt repaint in new costume and a Jude Law Dumbledore.

Not very confident but could Star Wars fans get a second PO in a row early this week?

I think it is safe to say that who knows with HT, they just gave us a K2 repaint and Gilgamesh, for all we know we can get Commissioner Gordon from Batman instead of Selina or Riddler.

HT just doesn't want my money anymore. That Loki is one of the ugliest 1/6 figures I can recall.
...and has superior competition in the SoSo version. The weird thing is that with the Classic Loki, the costume is very cheap and easy to replicate, sort of like the Halloween Wanda and Vision looks, so all of Hot Toys great expertise from a materials perspective is pretty much wasted, which is why Soso wins on price...and inclusion of a cup, funny enough.

Yeah, I think they'll put up something Star Wars on May 4th but not before. Then we'll probably get a Kenobi pre-order on the day the show premiers on D+ and then we can go back to f***ing ourselves again.

Back