1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a c3po for my Jabba display and I'm tired of waiting for a HT that may never come. I'm desperately close to ordering the Sideshow. Anybody who owns it want to tell me that this is a bad idea?
It's a fine figure in my opinion. I think there was a backwards thumb or something that caused a minor ruckus here when it was released, but I've had it from the start and it blends in just fine. Jabba needs his interpreter and HT isn't coming with this anytime soon. (In Palp's voice) DO IT!

It's a fine figure in my opinion. I think there was a backwards thumb or something that caused a minor ruckus here when it was released, but I've had it from the start and it blends in just fine. Jabba needs his interpreter and HT isn't coming with this anytime soon. (In Palp's voice) DO IT!

I think the ss C3po is fine. Very delicate, but looks good on the shelf. I was actually thinking about picking up a second, as I have zero faith that ht is going to make him. It’s not perfect, but does the job.

Thanks for the enablement guys I went ahead and ordered him. He is one of the few items eligible for those mostly useless $25 contest coupons. I have the Tamashii version but I want to leave that one in an isolated display with HT R2.

They made the RO TIE Pilot, the shiny suit one. The thing is the Sideshow TIE Fighter Pilot, as well as the AT-AT Driver are quite good figures as they are. There are other Imperials Hot Toys should make, they already have shown their protos

It was SS that made the RO version too. The 2 they made might still be good and hold up today, they are rare and very expensive.
The only TIE pilot HT made was the ST version, so yes, we need a Hot Toys OT TIE pilot.

Maybe 2 releases this week? That eternals announcement doesn’t seem too exciting, so maybe we get something Friday?

I need a c3po for my Jabba display and I'm tired of waiting for a HT that may never come. I'm desperately close to ordering the Sideshow. Anybody who owns it want to tell me that this is a bad idea?
In a similar predicament and I saw a recent Jedha Patrol video that suggested Hot Toys is staying away from 3PO as Sideshow has one available. Might burn some rewards points since I can’t hoard them like I used to!

In a similar predicament and I saw a recent Jedha Patrol video that suggested Hot Toys is staying away from 3PO as Sideshow has one available. Might burn some rewards points since I can’t hoard them like I used to!

Be sure to enter a contest to get the $25 off coupon instantly emailed if you decide to order him. It mostly takes care of shipping and tax at least.

It was SS that made the RO version too. The 2 they made might still be good and hold up today, they are rare and very expensive.
The only TIE pilot HT made was the ST version, so yes, we need a Hot Toys OT TIE pilot.
Let's have Hot Toys make the other Imperials they've shown already and after that they can tackle the TIE Pilots. The fact that the SSC TIE Pilots are expensive: well, this is the collecting world, buy when it is due time or get bitten.

Let's have Hot Toys make the other Imperials they've shown already and after that they can tackle the TIE Pilots. The fact that the SSC TIE Pilots are expensive: well, this is the collecting world, buy when it is due time or get bitten.

I wasn't collecting when SS released their TIE pilot years ago and that shouldn't preclude anyone wanting a HT version which would likely be superior. We're not talking about a re-release.
Just because SS releases a figure years prior, doesn't mean HT shouldn't do their version now. Imagine how many great releases we'd have missed out on over the years if that attitude prevailed.
Yes HT showed a prototype of variations of Troopers they've already released, sand and snow troopers. A 1/4 version of a 1/6 version they've already released and the Death Star trooper. It'd be nice if they released those, but HT have released many troopers since showing those prototypes.
Perfectly reasonable to ask for a TIE pilot.

Last edited:
I wasn't collecting when SS released their TIE pilot years ago and that shouldn't preclude anyone wanting a HT version which would likely be superior. We're not talking about a re-release.
Just because SS releases a figure years prior, doesn't mean HT shouldn't do their version now. Imagine how many great releases we'd have missed out on over the years if that attitude prevailed.
Yes HT showed a prototype of variations of Troopers they've already released, sand and snow troopers. A 1/4 version of a 1/6 version they've already released and the Death Star trooper. It'd be nice if they released those, but HT have released many troopers since showing those prototypes.
Perfectly reasonable to ask for a TIE pilot.
I will but any OT imperial made by HT, the same way I have all OT imperials made by Sideshow, Medicom and Marmit (except for Snow Commander, but looking for it). You should get the Sideshow TIE Pilot, it is out there as an option, though more expensive than when first released, as usually happens with some collectibles.

I will but any OT imperial made by HT, the same way I have all OT imperials made by Sideshow, Medicom and Marmit (except for Snow Commander, but looking for it). You should get the Sideshow TIE Pilot, it is out there as an option, though more expensive than when first released, as usually happens with some collectibles.

Nah. I want a HT version of the TIE fighter pilot and given the way HT release things, they're just as likely to release the TIE pilot as any of the other OT Imperials you'd prefer they release.
And again, just because SS made a figure years before, doesn't mean someone can't want HT to release their own, probably better version, now.
I'm not asking for the old SS version, I'm not asking for a reissue of the SS version either. The argument that sometimes we have to pay more for a collectible after release doesn't work here because I'm talking about a new figure by a different company.
Did you begrudge the HT release of the Sandtrooper? After all SS did one a few years before. Surely collectors could have just bought the old SS one instead of wanting the HT one?

EDIT: There is 1 SS TIE Fighter Pilot being sold in the UK on ebay currently. For £899. Yeah, again, I want a HT version and will happily wait for one. Probably got just as good odds as getting a TIE pilot as any other OT Imperial from HT.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd want a show-accurate BOBF Rebo. They...didn't capture the original puppet super well. Though at least they seem to have gotten his number of limbs right (two!).

Back when Hot Toys first launched the ANH line, Hot Toys at the time said that the Sideshow 3PO and R2 were good enough. They've obviously made R2 now, so hopefully they'll tackle 3PO sometime.

That InArt's newest 1/6 Joker looks absolutely phenomenal, and the price is seemingly affordable and wasnt too crazy as I innitially thought it would be too. Imagine if they'd tackle some current desriable omissions from HT StarWars...

Wishful thinking but I think they wont ever touch SW though.

Competition is good. If it forces HT to increase their game, it will be beneficial for SW products too.

Nah. I want a HT version of the TIE fighter pilot and given the way HT release things, they're just as likely to release the TIE pilot as any of the other OT Imperials you'd prefer they release.
And again, just because SS made a figure years before, doesn't mean someone can't want HT to release their own, probably better version, now.
I'm not asking for the old SS version, I'm not asking for a reissue of the SS version either. The argument that sometimes we have to pay more for a collectible after release doesn't work here because I'm talking about a new figure by a different company.
Did you begrudge the HT release of the Sandtrooper? After all SS did one a few years before. Surely collectors could have just bought the old SS one instead of wanting the HT one?

EDIT: There is 1 SS TIE Fighter Pilot being sold in the UK on ebay currently. For £899. Yeah, again, I want a HT version and will happily wait for one. Probably got just as good odds as getting a TIE pilot as any other OT Imperial from HT.

The collectors are asking HT to make various figures for years, it doesn't happen too often for HT to listen. They have their own agenda, only HT knows about. We do insist, they do not care too much alas. I will buy the HT TIE Pilot if ever made, despite already having the Marmit, Medicom and SSC figures, but unfortunately the chances are not too high.

No one stops you buy anything you want. But the Sideshow TIE Pilot and AT-AT Drivers are among their best troopers, check out the threads, well worth buying. The HT might not be better if ever made, this is how good the SSC versions are, which was quite a surprise for the collectors. In your place I'd look and buy the SSC TIE Pilot, and if the HT releases their version, I'd sell the SSC or keep both. As for good deals, they exist, if you have patience and keep looking on forums, ebay and FB groups.

I have a Marmit TIE Pilot and it’s…ok. I gave the helmet a few hits of clear coat to shine it up. I’d be down for a SS reissue though. They’ve recently put Jabba, Carbonite Han and a couple of others up for sale again, so maybe a reissue could be possible. I have the AT-AT Driver and it’s pretty nice too.

Back