1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say Marvel fatigue is starting to hit me hard. I experienced it first after Endgame/Far from Home. Of course then COVID happened and it took a long time before we saw some new MCU entries, which didn't help.
Still, I was excited to watch the D+ shows and I did find them entertaining. But for me they are quite forgetable and underwhelming now that they are over. Not like the movies in the Infinity Saga, some of which I went to see multiple times in the theatre.

For example, I really like Loki as a character and I think the show was pretty good. By the time the show ended I was excited to see where it would go next, was looking forward to the figures, but now... not so much. I still am interested to seeing the figures, but I most likely won't get them. I still have the original A1 Loki and I'm perfectly happy with that.

Same with the other shows and upcoming movies... Everything just seems bland now. I'm not even excited about Shang-Chi or The Eternals. I'll probably watch the films, but I miss the excitement that came with the Infinity Saga. Part of it comes from the fact that I know nothing of these characters, but I didn't really know The Guardians either when they came out, but I sure as hell was excited for that film.

I am looking forward to the new Spider-Man, but that's mostly because of nostalgia reasons and most likely seeing
Spoiler Spoiler:
again. I'm looking forward to Love and Thunder and Dr. Strange because they are familiar characters and the premise of their movies looks to be quite interesting.

Everything else, I can't really get excited for... What If, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, She-Hulk and whatever else they're developing, I'll probably watch it, but yeah... not counting down the days until release or anything.

Now if they'd announce a (well casted) Ghost Rider film (or show) that would be something to get me excited.

Anyway, this fatigue is extending into collecting as well. I only have Mysterio and Scarlet Witch on PO, but besides that nothing MCU anymore. I'm seriously contemplating on selling a couple of figures I bought more from a completionist view than actually enjoying the character. One thing is for sure I will be a lot pickier in the future regarding MCU.

I have to say Marvel fatigue is starting to hit me hard. I experienced it first after Endgame/Far from Home. Of course then COVID happened and it took a long time before we saw some new MCU entries, which didn't help.
Still, I was excited to watch the D+ shows and I did find them entertaining. But for me they are quite forgetable and underwhelming now that they are over. Not like the movies in the Infinity Saga, some of which I went to see multiple times in the theatre.

For example, I really like Loki as a character and I think the show was pretty good. By the time the show ended I was excited to see where it would go next, was looking forward to the figures, but now... not so much. I still am interested to seeing the figures, but I most likely won't get them. I still have the original A1 Loki and I'm perfectly happy with that.

Same with the other shows and upcoming movies... Everything just seems bland now. I'm not even excited about Shang-Chi or The Eternals. I'll probably watch the films, but I miss the excitement that came with the Infinity Saga. Part of it comes from the fact that I know nothing of these characters, but I didn't really know The Guardians either when they came out, but I sure as hell was excited for that film.

I am looking forward to the new Spider-Man, but that's mostly because of nostalgia reasons and most likely seeing
Spoiler Spoiler:
again. I'm looking forward to Love and Thunder and Dr. Strange because they are familiar characters and the premise of their movies looks to be quite interesting.

Everything else, I can't really get excited for... What If, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, She-Hulk and whatever else they're developing, I'll probably watch it, but yeah... not counting down the days until release or anything.

Now if they'd announce a (well casted) Ghost Rider film (or show) that would be something to get me excited.

Anyway, this fatigue is extending into collecting as well. I only have Mysterio and Scarlet Witch on PO, but besides that nothing MCU anymore. I'm seriously contemplating on selling a couple of figures I bought more from a completionist view than actually enjoying the character. One thing is for sure I will be a lot pickier in the future regarding MCU.
You are not alone in this. I am actually happy that I'm kind of "meh" about Phase 4. I enjoy the heck out of my IW/EG shelves and once those are complete, I think I'll be happy with just the occasional eye-catching figure from a random show versus being an inclusive collector of everything from a movie or series. With Mando fever, I honestly couldn't hit the same Marvel pace I had with IW/EG and satisfy my Star Wars itch. I do think the new What If? series will be fun, but not fun enough to collect $300 animated figures from it...

You are not alone in this. I am actually happy that I'm kind of "meh" about Phase 4. I enjoy the heck out of my IW/EG shelves and once those are complete, I think I'll be happy with just the occasional eye-catching figure from a random show versus being an inclusive collector of everything from a movie or series. With Mando fever, I honestly couldn't hit the same Marvel pace I had with IW/EG and satisfy my Star Wars itch. I do think the new What If? series will be fun, but not fun enough to collect $300 animated figures from it...
I am very selective with the Mandalorian line. I have the original Mando on my shelf, with IG-11 and the Speederbike/Scout Trooper coming in. Besides that I have the Boba 2 pack on PO and that's it considering the Mando line, although I'll definitely get Luke and probably the Tusken Raider as well. But I'm not going to buy anything and everything from that line, because it's insane what they are pumping out (though quite awesome!). I'll stick to characters I truly love, either because of the character or because of cool design. Because of that I won't pre-order Kuill or Moff Gideon for example.

The What If? Hydra Stomper and Captain Britain do look like one hell of an eye-catcher, but seeing they are in that animated style I'll pass, because I can't properly display them with the rest of the MCU.

MCU is at a lull right now. Building back up with new characters/character variations, introducing multiverse and Kang. I was hoping Fal/WS would deliver, but it didn't. BW and Loki died, but now they are back? What? Just none of the characters really make me care to be honest. Spiderman NWH is where it starts for me and DS:MM is what I can't wait for. Not sure about Thor4. Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Blade, F4 is what I need.

MCU is at a lull right now. Building back up with new characters/character variations, introducing multiverse and Kang. I was hoping Fal/WS would deliver, but it didn't. BW and Loki died, but now they are back? What? Just none of the characters really make me care to be honest. Spiderman NWH is where it starts for me and DS:MM is what I can't wait for. Not sure about Thor4. Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Blade, F4 is what I need.
Yep, this is me pretty much. Even if I really love NWH, DS and Thor4 I don't think I'll need figure representations from them...

Yep, this is me pretty much. Even if I really love NWH, DS and Thor4 I don't think I'll need figure representations from them...
I got my Thor (Roadworn) and MCU Spidey (HC). The VG Spideys pretty much are ruling out any other MCU variations, which I don't care for anyway.

Perhaps questioning ''hmmm, was that actually toyworthy?''
Not sure why people would want this over Endgame Loki, which hasn't released yet. Zemo is more toyworthy than Loki Security Guard. Everybody wants something though.

First look at Oscar Isaac as Moon Knight leaked!
20210813_175245.jpg

Back