1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad I'm not a Marvel collector.
Part me of me is glad whenever I don't have to buy more things, but another wishes I'd get what I want. Thankfully I never liked the characters the MCU has covered so far all that much (Iron Man & Strange are in my Top 10 Capes, but I was never an Avengers uberfan) so I don't have any holes to plug or whatever. With the F4 & the X-Men coming, part of me fears about miscasting and awful costumes, but that'd relieve me from having to buy who knows how many characters. But another part of me wishes for faithful casting and great costumes. I don't know how I'll be able to swing that.

I'm so glad I'm not a Marvel collector.

I only started collecting last year. I guess one thing convenient is I don't really plan on going beyond the Infinity War saga (I count Black Widow as part of this). Also, for the most part, I'm limiting myself to the original 6 (movie-verse).

Right now, the only Marvel on my wish list are:

2.0 versions of Avengers 2012 (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk and Thor)
2.0 version of Cap Stealth Suit
Yelena Belova

I only started collecting last year. I guess one thing convenient is I don't really plan on going beyond the Infinity War saga (I count Black Widow as part of this). Also, for the most part, I'm limiting myself to the original 6 (movie-verse).

Right now, the only Marvel on my wish list are:

2.0 versions of Avengers 2012 (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk and Thor)
2.0 version of Cap Stealth Suit
Yelena Belova

I like your focus on the original six. My focus was more Infinity War and Endgame, but all characters from it. I did also get the original six Avengers for the first Avengers movie as well. The IW/EG shelves I have are going to be near 50 figures when all is said and done as I bought figures like Shuri and Drax from their solo movies to represent their appearance in IW/EG. I feel like I can firmly stop and not delve into any phase 4 figures at this point.

I like your focus on the original six. My focus was more Infinity War and Endgame, but all characters from it. I did also get the original six Avengers for the first Avengers movie as well. The IW/EG shelves I have are going to be near 50 figures when all is said and done as I bought figures like Shuri and Drax from their solo movies to represent their appearance in IW/EG. I feel like I can firmly stop and not delve into any phase 4 figures at this point.

Lol, originally, I was just going to get Black Widow so the OG 6 was already an expansion. Space and funds are limited though so a complete IW/EG lineup was never in the cards. Mostly going for alpha and omega: Avengers 2012 plus mix of IW/EG. I don't like Professor Hulk though so that one, I'd be fine with just the 2012 version. :p

Plus honestly, having a Drax or Shuri figure isn't really going to bring me any joy. I just don't care about them much. I'd be happier getting 2x Cap 2012s for staging the Cap vs Cap fight. 😅

Collecting after the Infinity Saga has been completed kinda feels like shopping with a grocery list. You already know what you're going to get more or less. Sure, a couple of other items might get added here and there but at least you're less likely to cram the entire store in your shopping cart. :p

Last edited:
Credit: Jurgen Schulz from FB

223854648_10209059896451616_7236032822229358559_n.jpg

I really appreciate his dedication and sharing the update details.

With announcement of the marvel legends "what if?" figures, do you think we will be seeing any HT ones soon? Can't believe I am actually hoping to see zombie Cap.
Not sure. A Spidey Strange is an easy one. Zombie Cap is an interesting look. Might need to see the buzz on the shows which might determine what is made.

That I could see happening.

I'm kinda interested in a Haley Atwell Captain Britain figure.
If they do, they better give us a proper Chadwick headsculpt and not the downgraded shiz they bait and switched us with.

Back