New Nintendo HD Console?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know people who own Wii's or any Nintendo console or heck any Nintendo fan boy will not really like this but seriously...when you make games as good as Zelda and Mario but the graphics don't hold up it really pisses me off cause the potential of the game drops a bit. Its like the SD vs HD thing. Once Nintendo users see their games in HD they wont wanna go back to SD. Nintendo has the most beautiful and colourful games out their but they look half crap because of the hardware....

Heres a HD version of Zelda Twilight Princess and below that is Wind Waker which looks awesome on my 4:3 28" TV but in higher resolution look how awesome it looks !!!

Look at Mario Galaxy.............that game screams out to be released in HD !!!!

DarkLinksTwilightPrincess.jpg

Zelda%20WW%2022.jpg

super_mario_galaxy-2.jpg

Last edited:
I know people who own Wii's or any Nintendo console or heck any Nintendo fan boy will not really like this but seriously...when you make games as good as Zelda and Mario but the graphics don't hold up it really pisses me off cause the potential of the game drops a bit. Its like the SD vs HD thing. Once Nintendo users see their games in HD they wont wanna go back to SD. Nintendo has the most beautiful and colourful games out their but they look half crap because of the hardware....

Heres a HD version of Zelda Twilight Princess and below that is Wind Waker which looks awesome on my 4:3 28" TV but in higher resolution look how awesome it looks !!!

Look at Mario Galaxy.............that game screams out to be released in HD !!!!

DarkLinksTwilightPrincess.jpg

Zelda%20WW%2022.jpg

super_mario_galaxy-2.jpg

I agree.
Even with the component cable the 480p resolution is such a let down

just because the wii sold the most, doesnt mean it was the best.

im not particulary fond of sissy overweight soccer moms that wanna lose some extra weight, therefore the selection of wii games that appealed to me were nil. i guess that vitality sensor app got cancelled as well. what the hell were they smoking when they thought of that ish.

Last edited:
just because the wii sold the most, doesnt mean it was the best.

im not particulary found of sissy overweight soccer moms that wanna lose some extra weight, therefore the selection of wii games that appealed to me were nil. i guess that vitality sensor app got cancelled as well. what the hell were they smoking when they thought of that ish.

The Wii was marketed very well and it became a status symbol so to speak to even have one. Most people I know have one and never use it. Hell QVC sells them like hotcakes to that soccer mom demographic. :lol For us real gamers there wasn't much offered outside of the usual Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. So good games in my opinion were few and far between.

Again, VERY good marketing and well played by Nintendo. I hope this next system is amazing!

The more I read about these rumors the more and more I find it unbelievable. An HD screen on the controller? Not that it sounds impossible but it just seems that each new update seems to sound made up just to one up the one before it. I half expect the next rumor update to say the new system will cook you dinner and massage you while you play.

For us real gamers there wasn't much offered outside of the usual Mario, Zelda, and Metroid.

Statements like this irritate the hell out of me. Until Little Big Planet 2 was released, my Wii got waaaaaay the ____ more play than my PS3 (insert comment about how one shouldn't be playing games on their blu-ray player here).

The demographic of "gamers" includes everybody who games (probably on a regular basis). Period, the end. You don't have to be a COD or Gears freak to be a "gamer." You just have to play games.

I play games almost every single night and I've been doing so for over 20 years. Call of Duty bores me fast, Gears isn't my thing, and I find Halo unappealing. Does this make me less of a "real" gamer? No. Does this make people who like those games any less of a "real" gamer? No.

The fact that non-gamers bought the Wii doesn't make everybody who plays the Wii less than a "real" gamer. And anybody who wants to challenge me on that, I look forward to mopping the floor with you in your game of choice.

Statements like this irritate the hell out of me. Until Little Big Planet 2 was released, my Wii got waaaaaay the ____ more play than my PS3 (insert comment about how one shouldn't be playing games on their blu-ray player here).

The demographic of "gamers" includes everybody who games (probably on a regular basis). Period, the end. You don't have to be a COD or Gears freak to be a "gamer." You just have to play games.

I play games almost every single night and I've been doing so for over 20 years. Call of Duty bores me fast, Gears isn't my thing, and I find Halo unappealing. Does this make me less of a "real" gamer? No. Does this make people who like those games any less of a "real" gamer? No.

The fact that non-gamers bought the Wii doesn't make everybody who plays the Wii less than a "real" gamer. And anybody who wants to challenge me on that, I look forward to mopping the floor with you in your game of choice.

It shouldn't irritate you at all. I'm recognizing the FACT that Nintendo makes fantastic first party games. Some of the best! HOWEVER, they are few and far between. And I don't play games on my bluray player all that much either. :monkey1

My point is outside of those fantastic first party titles there wasn't much else that real gamers would want to play. We don't want 100 fitness titles or another version of frisbee. That's all I mean. 90% of wii games are gimmicky childesh trash. The first party titles are where its at. But when you can start counting the really good ones on one or two hands it sucks there isn't more to pick from.

So come on now. You know me well enough to know that I'm not saying Wii is not for gamers and its weak (which is what I'm taking from your apparent irritation). I'm not saying that at all. Any true gamer will have a wii to be able to play those first party titles. That's just all there is to see on the system IMO.

Last edited:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36nkQh31do"]YouTube - skeeter davis i can't stay mad at you , it was only a heart[/ame]

The #1 console of any generation is going to have a ton of 3rd party garbage on it. It was true for the NES, it was true for the PS2, and it's true for the Wii. But I still find plenty of good 3rd party titles on the Wii.

I admit the crap to gem ratio is awful on the Wii, but there are gems out there if you're willing to give it a chance. I think that's the main problem with the Wii, is that the good 3rd party titles are diamonds in the rough rather than AAA titles the 3rd party developers decided to release on the system and promote as a flagship title. And people are too busy playing AAA titles that were promoted properly on other systems to even notice the good stuff on the Wii.

This perception that all 3rd party games on Nintendo systems are crap is a huge albatross around Nintendo's neck and that's going to be a difficult thing to tackle in the future. I think the core gamers who feel betrayed by Nintendo aren't going to get excited by a new Nintendo console, and the casual players whose Wii's are collecting dust aren't going to buy it because they blew their proverbial gaming wad on the Wii and that's enough for them.

Well that rant went in an entirely different direction than I intended to take it. The only point I wanted to make is: The Wii is my primary gaming system and I'm a real gamer, damnit. :pfft: :lol

From some guy's twitter:

Nintendo's rumored new HD system will also have a suction attachment to the controller. It's believed to work with 2 dating sim launch titles coming out in Japan. We aren't 100% sure what it's planned to do but the suction hole is said to be a few inches wide and will allow for a tube of 5-9 inches in length to be taken inside. More details as we get them.

I recall Nintendo saying a while back that HD wasnt important to their gaming market.

So the new nintendo will be better than 360 and PS3 for maybe a year, then we get PS4 and the next Xbox with 3D and other stuff, and Nintendo will fall behind again. Sigh

What I'm curious to see is what is going to happen to the games I've downloaded on the Virtual Console. It will be interesting as this will be the first real test of what will happen to all virtual items that people buy on things like the VC, PSN, or Live. Will it transfer? Will we have to buy them all over again? Will there be a transfer fee?

There is so much more investment in these systems than generations past, in terms of downloads, media, etc. At least for me; how Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft handle peoples commitment to these systems will determine if I continue to buy & purchase systems, games & add-ons like I have.

you should be able to keep the online purchases.....they have a record of it....It's not like they'll make a new online system for the new systems....

I recall Nintendo saying a while back that HD wasnt important to their gaming market.

So the new nintendo will be better than 360 and PS3 for maybe a year, then we get PS4 and the next Xbox with 3D and other stuff, and Nintendo will fall behind again. Sigh

At the time of the Wii's early life, Nintendo said that HD graphics weren't important to the demographic they targeted and seeing how tremendously well the Wii has sold, they were right. It's not that HD graphics will never be important to Nintendo. They just observed the market and deemed that the Wii did not need to be an HD console. They did state that the Wii's successor would be an HD capable.

In all likelihood all 3 major console manufacturers are knees deep in development of their next big product. Knowing Nintendo, they'll have an ace in their sleeve that Microsoft and Sony won't.

What I'm curious to see is what is going to happen to the games I've downloaded on the Virtual Console. It will be interesting as this will be the first real test of what will happen to all virtual items that people buy on things like the VC, PSN, or Live. Will it transfer? Will we have to buy them all over again? Will there be a transfer fee?

There is so much more investment in these systems than generations past, in terms of downloads, media, etc. At least for me; how Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft handle peoples commitment to these systems will determine if I continue to buy & purchase systems, games & add-ons like I have.

The Nintendo 3DS allows transfers of all DSi-ware (online puchases) for free. I would expect the next Nintendo console will allow for this too.

Back