Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished the new South Park game including the side missions - expect the Call Girl one. The glitches in this game are crazy bad. I can't even start that side mission because I get a infinite load screen. No people are commenting that their save data is getting deleted randomly. Great game that should have had the errors fixed before release.

It's been out for about a month now and still no patches.

Anyone here playing Smash Bros? I have enjoyed this game since the N64 days, and this really does feel like the ultimate version of the game. Belmont and Mega Man were my most highly desired characters after the Wii version, but I passed on the Wii U so this was my first chance to do both. I haven't set up an online account yet, but played through the story mode, and even play with my young kids, which is a blast. Supposedly Ryu from Ninja Gaiden will be a DLC character. So, I'll probably have to shell out for that. One of the few classic NES games not represented already.

Would love to also get DLCs for Strider, Arthur from Ghosts 'N Goblins, and Popeye!

Anyone here playing Smash Bros? I have enjoyed this game since the N64 days, and this really does feel like the ultimate version of the game. Belmont and Mega Man were my most highly desired characters after the Wii version, but I passed on the Wii U so this was my first chance to do both. I haven't set up an online account yet, but played through the story mode, and even play with my young kids, which is a blast. Supposedly Ryu from Ninja Gaiden will be a DLC character. So, I'll probably have to shell out for that. One of the few classic NES games not represented already.

Would love to also get DLCs for Strider, Arthur from Ghosts 'N Goblins, and Popeye!

Smash is quite possibly my favorite game that released from last year. I unlocked all the characters
The first week end and I also beat the story mode. Nearly cleared all the challenges, I think I have three left
To do but man I'm so addicted to the online I stopped trying to do the challenges. I also sign up for
Online tournaments in Saturday through discord which is fun but man, you don't know what good is
Until you play someone that is super competitive. Still my all time favorite smash game and up there with
My favorite fighting game ever, which isn't really saying anything, I'm not really into fighting games
But I love this one.

I tend to shy away from online play in general, because I'm an older guy now with very limited free time. There's no possibility I can compete with kids who have hours and hours to practice and hone their skills everyday. I was watching some insane Youtube videos about how some of these "experts" play as characters, and the amount of practice it must take to get the timing and spacing down is crazy. Guy throws Mega Man's gear into the ground intentionally, picks it up, pushes a guy off the side, throws it at just the right angle to knock the guy off and then does a backslash move mid-air to kill him. I couldn't do that if I tried 100 times.

I tend to shy away from online play in general, because I'm an older guy now with very limited free time. There's no possibility I can compete with kids who have hours and hours to practice and hone their skills everyday. I was watching some insane Youtube videos about how some of these "experts" play as characters, and the amount of practice it must take to get the timing and spacing down is crazy. Guy throws Mega Man's gear into the ground intentionally, picks it up, pushes a guy off the side, throws it at just the right angle to knock the guy off and then does a backslash move mid-air to kill him. I couldn't do that if I tried 100 times.

Yea this game defenetly takes quite a bit of practice to really understand and master its different concepts. I probably have put over 100 hours into the game so far. It took me 50 hours alone to 100% world of light.

I will say though that the online two player co-op is a lot of fun. Every once in a while you come across a team of spammers that just spam the same long range move over and over again just to win the match but most of the time it's pretty fun and fair. I play it with my girl friend and we took some time to lab some of the characters and she got pretty good pretty quickly, bowsers her go to, his super armor with his smash attacks is deadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any go-to fighters? I typically go with the ones I'm most nostalgic about, or whose games I love the most--Mega Man, Simon Belmont, Samus, Ryu, Ken, and Snake. I want to like Little Mac, but he is too limited and vulnerable after doing his moves. But if I want to really beat the hell out of someone, I'll go with Ganon or King K. Rool. It's fun to be able to play the game with characters who have such widely varied skills and styles.

I was looking at the lists of rankings that are based on tournament play, and they seem all over the place. Some guys put Olimar as a top tier character, and others put him as a bottom-tier character.

Do you have any go-to fighters? I typically go with the ones I'm most nostalgic about, or whose games I love the most--Mega Man, Simon Belmont, Samus, Ryu, Ken, and Snake. I want to like Little Mac, but he is too limited and vulnerable after doing his moves. But if I want to really beat the hell out of someone, I'll go with Ganon or King K. Rool. It's fun to be able to play the game with characters who have such widely varied skills and styles.

I was looking at the lists of rankings that are based on tournament play, and they seem all over the place. Some guys put Olimar as a top tier character, and others put him as a bottom-tier character.

Skill trumps character so I find that it's best to play as who you like. Ridley was my first go to. Just looked at my online stats and I've taken over 400 stocks with Ridley in 1 v 1 online. My next character I really started to practice with was Roy as Ridley in tournament play gets destroyed so I'm learning with someone much faster. The fire emblem characters are really quite fantastic but they have weak recoveries. Pokemon trainer is also one of my favorites but I really haven't used him much in a little bit. Ivysaur is the best of the three but charzard has crazy finishing potential once your opponent gets around 70%. In co-op mode I've adapted to play pretty much exclusively as Ridley as his plasma breath is devastating and it's easy in co op mode to hit people who aren't paying attention with it.

King k rool is super hard to play against considering his power and recovery are insane so he's one of my least favorites to come against online.

I was playing online this morning as Roy and I had some good matches, I played against a high level Lucian and won and she's considered one of the best in the game so it goes to show that skill is quite important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't do so well with Pokemon trainer, but love sliding as Squirtle and shooting people above you with Bulbasaur. I also do pretty well with the Fire Emblem guys, but don't have any connection to the characters so I usually only play them when I get a random fighter.

I don't do so well with Pokemon trainer, but love sliding as Squirtle and shooting people above you with Bulbasaur. I also do pretty well with the Fire Emblem guys, but don't have any connection to the characters so I usually only play them when I get a random fighter.

yea I have no connection to them either, I just like the way Roy looks the most and considering Roy, Lucille, and Marth are all pretty much clones with slight differences (such as Marth can change the direction of his side b combo mid combo and the others can't) I just went with what I thought was the coolest looking. The trick with the Pokemon Trainer is using the switch technique to dodge attacks and get extra jumps.

The rumor going around right now is that the update that's releasing tonight is going to include Piranha Plant, hope that's true, I'm actually excited to try him out lol

The Nintendo Switch OLED was just released yesterday. Did anyone pick one up?
Don’t see it as a big enough change to upgrade if you have a switch already. I went to the Nintendo NY store after work to get the Metroid Dread collectors edition and it was sold out. Should’ve taken the day off.

Back