New HotToys Henry Cavill Superman a possibility?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what’s going on with Warner/DC these days. I’m surprised they’re dragging out this whole Zach Snyder mess and not simply ignoring it and moving on. Warner Bros made a ton of mistakes with the DC cinematic franchise, and clearly had the wrong personnel in power. But instead of just hitting the reset button and moving forward, the Discovery regime seems intent on continuing an unnecessary, embarrassing and childish fight.

While my preference would have been to see them restore the Snyderverse with whatever adjustments necessary to keep Snyder from going off track, that relationship is likely damaged beyond repair. At this point I’d like to see Warner DC do the following:
  • Appoint a DC Films President who understands, respects and loves the DC comics universe (i.e. a true “fanboy/fan girl” like Kevin Feige is to Marvel or Jon Favreau is to Star Wars) but is also knows the business side.
  • Put together a world class Producer team who can work together to handle the business side of budgets, personnel, contracts, studio relations and getting films and TV series greenlit. This should include promoting at least one or two of the Animation team because those guys have done a much better job.
  • Hire a core of 3-4 Senior Producer/Director who oversee the overall vision, style and tone of the DCEU. Probably the smartest get would be the Russo Brothers, provided they have the same love for DC as they have for Marvel. Perhaps the Russo Bros would direct the Justice League movies (especially since it’s confirmed they would be directing Avengers 5&6.
  • Assemble a combination of seasoned and up-and-coming Directors to handle different properties. Each Director should bring a vision for his/her property that fits into the overall picture.
  • Reserve the “Elseworlds” label for one-off movies that use DC characters but aren’t necessarily part of the connected universe other than via the Multiverse.
  • Announce the core cast of heroes and villains: Superman/Cavill, Batman/TBD (or elevate Pattinson to prime), Wonder Woman/Godot, Aquaman/Mamoa, Flash/TBD, Cyborg/Fisher, Martian Manhunter/Lennix, John Stewart Green Lantern/TBD, Hal Jordan Green Lantern/TBD, Black Adam/The Rock, Shazam/Levi, Hawkman/Hodge, Hawkgirl/TBD, Mera/TBD, Batgirl/Grace (assuming she does a good job), Robin II/TBD, Supergirl/TBD, Titans (Grayson Robin I/Nightwing, Firestar, Beast Boy, Raven, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Jon Kent Superboy, Aqualad)/TBD, Lex Luthor/TBD, Darkseid/Porter (voice &motion capture), Brainiac/TBD, Joker/TBD, Quinn/Robbie, Catwoman/Kravits (if Pattinson comes over), Riddler/TBD, Penguin/TBD, Deadshot/Smith, Deathstroke/Manganiello, Black Manta/Mateen, Reverse Flash/TBD, Cheetah II/TBD, Sinestro/TBD, Atrocitus/TBD, Carol Ferris Star Sapphire/TBD, Saint Walker/TBD, Larfleeze/TBD.
To me this would go a long way towards showing a commitment to the franchise; reassuring moviegoers and investors that Discovery Warner DC has a master plan; moving past the Snyder cut; and exciting the fan base.

That said, while I really liked both The Batman and Joker I would not want either a Matt Reeves or Todd Phillips DC Cinematic Universe. That’s why you keep the Elseworlds label. I would be fine with Warner DC also casting Pattinson as the prime Batman, but that version and his villains should be much more comics accurate.

Was just browsing the eBay prices on the HotToys Justice League Superman. I tell ya… they’re out of control.

I am REALLY looking forward to Henry Cavill making an appearance as Superman so HotToys gives us another opportunity to get a blue and red costume at a reasonable price.

The aftermarket prices on him are ridiculous…

Was just browsing the eBay prices on the HotToys Justice League Superman. I tell ya… they’re out of control.

I am REALLY looking forward to Henry Cavill making an appearance as Superman so HotToys gives us another opportunity to get a blue and red costume at a reasonable price.

If the rumors are true, one would hope...

EDIT: I had some stuff in a spoiler tag except the spoiler tag didn't work for me and everything was being shown anyway so I deleted everything :lol

At least Queen Studios/InArt is making BvS Superman. I mean, granted not the bight blue of the HT JL figure, but still it should look amazing.

At least Queen Studios/InArt is making BvS Superman. I mean, granted not the bight blue of the HT JL figure, but still it should look amazing.
Didn’t their latest QnA video say they were actually steering towards the Justice League suits?
I remember being particularly upset because Batman’s regular suit from JL is pants.

Didn’t their latest QnA video say they were actually steering towards the Justice League suits?
I remember being particularly upset because Batman’s regular suit from JL is pants.

I wasn‘t aware of this Q&A. I’m not a huge fan of the Hot Toys standard JL Batman suit, so if QS makes a really good version of it, I’d actually rather have that than the BvS suit for Batman. Because the HT version of the BvS Batman suit is excellent.

For Superman HT already basically hit a home run with black suit Superman. I doubt QS will make the Josstice league version, lol. I mean, I love that we have the bright blue suit that Zack intended for the character down the line, probably in JL 3—that’s what the HT JL Superman suit is, basically. But same as HT BvS Batman, that too is going to be hard to top.

Where QS would fill a need for collectors is to give us an improvement over HT’s MoS or BvS suit for Superman. Imho!

Yup, they originally said "BvS Trinity" in an old QnA when they first announced their roster of figures. But in the more recent QnA live stream said they were leaning towards JL versions of the characters b/c they liked ZSJL so much. I really don't want a black suit Superman no matter how good it looks. I would have to buy the InArt and then remove the suit for a HT one and that's a lot of money just to change out a suit.

Last edited:
Yup, they originally said "BvS Trinity" in an old QnA when they first announced their roster of figures. But the more recenty QnA live stream said they were leaning towards JL versions of the characters b/c they liked ZSJL so much. I really don't want a Black suit superman no matter how good it looks. I would have to buy the InArt and then remove the suit for a HT one and that's a lot of money just to change out a suit.
Now that would be crazy.
I’m in for Wonder Woman regardless but BVS is the definitive Afleck Batman look to me and the MoS Superman prop suit is my favourite Caville look.
It was desaturated af in the film so, if IA were to inject just a bit more colour than was shown on screen, I’d be very happy.

A great thing with IA is that they don’t plaster the movie logos all over their bases and each one is unique to the character so you can display your ideal groupings without them appearing out of place.

Do we know when in the DCEU that Black Adam takes place? I wonder what suit Cavill will make his cameo in, in the end credits scene.
It’s been reported as a much more vibrant Man of Steel costume.

Do we know when in the DCEU that Black Adam takes place? I wonder what suit Cavill will make his cameo in, in the end credits scene.
It’s been reported as a much more vibrant Man of Steel costume.
Pretty sure it's after JL. There really is no need to explain the new suit. They didn't explain the change from MoS to BvS - he just showed up in the newer suit. So it might just been a preference type thing. I mean, even the suit in the Shazam end credits had some color tweaks to the BvS suit rather than being a straight reuse. Same thing with the brighter color changes from BvS to JL.

Now that would be crazy.
I’m in for Wonder Woman regardless but BVS is the definitive Afleck Batman look to me and the MoS Superman prop suit is my favourite Caville look.
It was desaturated af in the film so, if IA were to inject just a bit more colour than was shown on screen, I’d be very happy.

A great thing with IA is that they don’t plaster the movie logos all over their bases and each one is unique to the character so you can display your ideal groupings without them appearing out of place.
yea, MoS suit is also my favorite of Cavill's suits as well as the musculature for the suit. It looks more natural to me, especially since it was based on Cavill's actual muscles rather than the "armor plates' they did for BvS and JL suits.

I wasn‘t aware of this Q&A. I’m not a huge fan of the Hot Toys standard JL Batman suit, so if QS makes a really good version of it, I’d actually rather have that than the BvS suit for Batman. Because the HT version of the BvS Batman suit is excellent.

For Superman HT already basically hit a home run with black suit Superman. I doubt QS will make the Josstice league version, lol. I mean, I love that we have the bright blue suit that Zack intended for the character down the line, probably in JL 3—that’s what the HT JL Superman suit is, basically. But same as HT BvS Batman, that too is going to be hard to top.

Where QS would fill a need for collectors is to give us an improvement over HT’s MoS or BvS suit for Superman. Imho!
What makes you think Zack would give him a really colourful suit in JL3?
Personally, I don't think Superman would have a huge change in colour in a later movie.

Pretty sure it's after JL. There really is no need to explain the new suit. They didn't explain the change from MoS to BvS - he just showed up in the newer suit. So it might just been a preference type thing. I mean, even the suit in the Shazam end credits had some color tweaks to the BvS suit rather than being a straight reuse. Same thing with the brighter color changes from BvS to JL.
They didn't explain the change from MoS to BvS which is fine, there was an 18-month time jump and we never saw it in between or ever looked back again.

The colour change from BvS to JL was simply by accident. WB wouldn't let him have the black suit so they redesigned the suit to reflect more light so they could change it to black in post and then Whedon colourized it to death. I don't think there was any real pu

It was tweaked for Shazam, probably just because they could but this comes close to JL for me in how bad they treat Superman, cutting his head off and changing that beautiful score! Where does Shazam sit in the timeline for it to make sense?

I imagine Black Adam, at least before Zaslav came in made no sense timeline-wise.

They didn't explain the change from MoS to BvS which is fine, there was an 18-month time jump and we never saw it in between or ever looked back again.
Except we did look back, sort of, in ZSJL. He got his black suit in ZSJL from the same ship he gets his original blue suit from in MoS. Except, in ZSJL, the blue suit that he doesn't choose when walking throughout the ship again is still the BvS suit and not the MoS. Are we to assume he went into the ship's system without any one knowing to change the suit to his preferences like what we see Tom Holland do when creating his new suit in Far From Home?
The colour change from BvS to JL was simply by accident. WB wouldn't let him have the black suit so they redesigned the suit to reflect more light so they could change it to black in post and then Whedon colourized it to death. I don't think there was any real pu
Yes, I know the history. It's why they went with the mirror chrome muscle plates vs the chrome silver they used in BvS. But still, it was a color change regardless of the behind-the-scenes reasons. Most merchandise from Josstice League reflects the brighter colors.
It was tweaked for Shazam, probably just because they could but this comes close to JL for me in how bad they treat Superman, cutting his head off and changing that beautiful score! Where does Shazam sit in the timeline for it to make sense?
His head was cut off b/c Cavill and WB couldn't come to a deal on his cameo. They still wanted the Superman cameo, so in order to achieve that, you cut the guys head off. Just like in the Peacemaker finale, Superman was there but he was in shadow since it wasn't Cavill. I agree about the score though. I'm getting tired of the John Williams theme being forced into new incarnations of the character including DC Superpets where it was also used.

But your reasoning of "tweaking just because they could" holds true to basically anytime a suit is tweaked. That's what I'm saying. It's exactly what they did from MoS to BvS. Same for Batman's BvS gray/black costume being changed in JL - no reason other than they could (and most likely to sell more/different toys). There doesn't need to be a reason. Just like in Captain America Winter Soldier, they (the Russo Brothers) tweaked the First Avenger costume b/c they could. They literally said since they had the opportunity, they wanted to put their own spin on it.
I imagine Black Adam, at least before Zaslav came in made no sense timeline-wise.
I don't think so. If you recall, The Rock posted his pic with Henry Cavill back in 2016 and I'm more than sure there was talks back then on how Black Adam would fit into the then current DCEU. Plus the early Superman vs Black Adam concept art back then (though I think that was proven to be commissioned by The Rock for hype purposes). And you also have to remember, at one point, The Flash was going to come out in 2018 (with potential to reset the timeline) followed by Shazam in 2019 and Black Adam in 2021, which would still put Superman's appearance in both of those films after JL, time-line wise. If the timeline at the moment was changed after The Flash and Josstice League never happened, then he'd still be after BvS unless BvS was also blown away then we're back to MoS. But since at the time of making Shazam, Josstice League was considered cannon by the studio (regardless of what Patty Jenkins says it was between directors), which had the John Williams/Reeve theme in it, it makes sense that Superman's appearance in Shazam would have that theme music as well.

Last edited:
What makes you think Zack would give him a really colourful suit in JL3?
Personally, I don't think Superman would have a huge change in colour in a later movie.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned it once in an interview that the bright blue colored suit was the one Superman was going to end his arc in.

Except we did look back, sort of, in ZSJL. He got his black suit in ZSJL from the same ship he gets his original blue suit from in MoS. Except, in ZSJL, the blue suit that he doesn't choose when walking throughout the ship again is still the BvS suit and not the MoS. Are we to assume he went into the ship's system without any one knowing to change the suit to his preferences like what we see Tom Holland do when creating his new suit in Far From Home?
I meant we didn't see any scenes between MoS and BvS when he is wearing a suit. Pre-BvS the suit can be changed and it doesn't really mess anything up. Change it after BvS without good reason and it starts to spoil the timeline that was set up. Not that anyone at WB really cared anyways.
But your reasoning of "tweaking just because they could" holds true to basically anytime a suit is tweaked. That's what I'm saying. It's exactly what they did from MoS to BvS. Same for Batman's BvS gray/black costume being changed in JL - no reason other than they could (and most likely to sell more/different toys). There doesn't need to be a reason. Just like in Captain America Winter Soldier, they (the Russo Brothers) tweaked the First Avenger costume b/c they could. They literally said since they had the opportunity, they wanted to put their own spin on it.
I'm fine with a suit being changed because they want to change it. Like you say it happens quite often. The problem is it upsets the planned timeline of which we have seen glimpses of. It's like showing a flash-forward for Captain America set after Winter Soldier and he's wearing the suit before it.
I don't think so. If you recall, The Rock posted his pic with Henry Cavill back in 2016 and I'm more than sure there was talks back then on how Black Adam would fit into the then current DCEU. Plus the early Superman vs Black Adam concept art back then (though I think that was proven to be commissioned by The Rock for hype purposes). And you also have to remember, at one point, The Flash was going to come out in 2018 (with potential to reset the timeline) followed by Shazam in 2019 and Black Adam in 2021, which would still put Superman's appearance in both of those films after JL, time-line wise. If the timeline at the moment was changed after The Flash and Josstice League never happened, then he'd still be after BvS unless BvS was also blown away then we're back to MoS. But since at the time of making Shazam, Josstice League was considered cannon by the studio (regardless of what Patty Jenkins says it was between directors), which had the John Williams/Reeve theme in it, it makes sense that Superman's appearance in Shazam would have that theme music as well.
I don't think the timeline reset would happen in the first Flash movie. JL2 was supposed to come out after The Flash. Just look at Aquaman, his father is a main part in it, in Snyder's idea Thomas Curry is dead during ZSJL.
At some point, Black Adam may have fit into the original plan (he was going to be in the first Shazam movie at one point) I don't think anyone has actually cared how the timeline works out. Ayer has even mentioned the timeline falls apart because of what Geoff Johns changed in his movie. It's not hard to think Black Adam has moved around a lot.
For me, nothing can make the Williams theme make sense in any of it. Just because it's in JL17 doesn't mean it fits in Shazam too, it doesn't make sense in JL17.
I've heard this a few times, I don't understand how BvS can be blown away when they are so intrinsically linked. Without BvS there is no Justice League.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned it once in an interview that the bright blue colored suit was the one Superman was going to end his arc in.
He just said he would go back to blue and red at the end of his arc. Nothing about brightness.

I meant we didn't see any scenes between MoS and BvS when he is wearing a suit. Pre-BvS the suit can be changed and it doesn't really mess anything up. Change it after BvS without good reason and it starts to spoil the timeline that was set up. Not that anyone at WB really cared anyways.
We'll just have to agree to disagree :duff I don't think a suit change would really matter all that much. If they change the suit again whether it's a tweaked MoS design, BvS design or all knew, not many ppl would care especially not the general audience. Sure, I, you and some others will notice and may wonder where'd he get a new suit from but overall, I doubt it would cause that much trouble if any at all in the grand scheme of things.
I don't think the timeline reset would happen in the first Flash movie. JL2 was supposed to come out after The Flash. Just look at Aquaman, his father is a main part in it, in Snyder's idea Thomas Curry is dead during ZSJL.
I'm not saying that the current version of The Flash will reset the timeline. I was saying how that was an option that was being considered at one point when Josstice League was cannon after the removal of Snyder. Once Snyder was gone, the whole idea that spanned from JL1, 2 and 3 went with him. Snyder himself has mentioned that that original idea would now be changed given what has happened in the DCEU since.
At some point, Black Adam may have fit into the original plan (he was going to be in the first Shazam movie at one point) I don't think anyone has actually cared how the timeline works out. Ayer has even mentioned the timeline falls apart because of what Geoff Johns changed in his movie. It's not hard to think Black Adam has moved around a lot.
Ok, well now I'm confused. First, you said that before the merger, Black Adam probably made no sense timeline-wise, but now you're agreeing with me that it probably did fit into the original plan early on? I agree with you that Black Adam probably moved around a lot since the original idea back in 2016, but my point was that he probably did fit in at the beginning. To your point, it was Geoff Johns (along with The Rock's ego) who wanted Black Adam to have his own movie rather than being in Shazam.
For me, nothing can make the Williams theme make sense in any of it. Just because it's in JL17 doesn't mean it fits in Shazam too, it doesn't make sense in JL17.
Not saying that the John Williams theme made sense in Josstice League (nor the Tim Burton Batman theme for that matter). What I am saying is that since it WAS the theme in Josstice League and that movie was considered cannon at the time of Shazam, then it's use in Shazam does make sense as that would be the now cannon Superman theme again. Not saying anyone has to like it. But all things considered, the simple fact is that it was cannon at that time due to it's inclusion in Josstice League. Sas that the Hanz Zimmer theme was being pushed out in favor of the John Williams theme. The Hanz Zimmer theme really is great and I definitely was happy to hear it again in ZSJL.
I've heard this a few times, I don't understand how BvS can be blown away when they are so intrinsically linked. Without BvS there is no Justice League.
But that's the whole point isn't if the idea was to reset the timeline? If you blow away BvS then you blow away Justice League which was an idea being thrown around at one point. And while yes, they are linked, it doesn't necessarily mean that JL had to come right after BvS. Sure, Lex mentions that "he is coming" but we don't know how soon just b/c "the god is dead." We could've gotten all the individual leaguer's movies before the JL movie. And as we also know, Knightmare Barry's warning in BvS didn't happen at moment they (The Knightmare team) intended as Barry didn't go back far enough. So, one could argue that BvS wouldn't happen anyway if Knightmare Barry goes back far enough at the time the Knightmare team actually intended.

We'll just have to agree to disagree :duff I don't think a suit change would really matter all that much. If they change the suit again whether it's a tweaked MoS design, BvS design or all knew, not many ppl would care especially not the general audience. Sure, I, you and some others will notice and may wonder where'd he get a new suit from but overall, I doubt it would cause that much trouble if any at all in the grand scheme of things.
I'm not saying that the current version of The Flash will reset the timeline. I was saying how that was an option that was being considered at one point when Josstice League was cannon after the removal of Snyder. Once Snyder was gone, the whole idea that spanned from JL1, 2 and 3 went with him. Snyder himself has mentioned that that original idea would now be changed given what has happened in the DCEU since.
Ok, well now I'm confused. First, you said that before the merger, Black Adam probably made no sense timeline-wise, but now you're agreeing with me that it probably did fit into the original plan early on? I agree with you that Black Adam probably moved around a lot since the original idea back in 2016, but my point was that he probably did fit in at the beginning. To your point, it was Geoff Johns (along with The Rock's ego) who wanted Black Adam to have his own movie rather than being in Shazam.

Not saying that the John Williams theme made sense in Josstice League (nor the Tim Burton Batman theme for that matter). What I am saying is that since it WAS the theme in Josstice League and that movie was considered cannon at the time of Shazam, then it's use in Shazam does make sense as that would be the now cannon Superman theme again. Not saying anyone has to like it. But all things considered, the simple fact is that it was cannon at that time due to it's inclusion in Josstice League. Sas that the Hanz Zimmer theme was being pushed out in favor of the John Williams theme. The Hanz Zimmer theme really is great and I definitely was happy to hear it again in ZSJL.

But that's the whole point isn't if the idea was to reset the timeline? If you blow away BvS then you blow away Justice League which was an idea being thrown around at one point. And while yes, they are linked, it doesn't necessarily mean that JL had to come right after BvS. Sure, Lex mentions that "he is coming" but we don't know how soon just b/c "the god is dead." We could've gotten all the individual leaguer's movies before the JL movie. And as we also know, Knightmare Barry's warning in BvS didn't happen at moment they (The Knightmare team) intended as Barry didn't go back far enough. So, one could argue that BvS wouldn't happen anyway if Knightmare Barry goes back far enough at the time the Knightmare team actually intended.
Yeah okay, fair point for most of them. It's not about me liking it. Need to remove my feelings when discussing this stuff.

Side note, Barry actually went too far back which meant the message never made sense as Bruce had no context.

Yeah okay, fair point for most of them. It's not about me liking it. Need to remove my feelings when discussing this stuff.

Side note, Barry actually went too far back which meant the message never made sense as Bruce had no context.
Cool! In all honesty, I couldn't remember if Barry went too far back or not far enough. But now that you mention you're right. It needs to be closer to warn about trying to save Lois. So that blows part of my previous post away :lol

Also, just FYI, I wasn't trying to come off as antagonistic. Just enjoying the conversation of possibilities, what things mean, etc. within the DCEU. At the end of the day, none of us really know what's going on - only what we've been told from this and that source :duff

Back