New HotToys Henry Cavill Superman a possibility?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is Black Adam set before events of BvS and JL?
if they care about timeline then yes, it's before BVS because of the suit.
I would love a MOS figure 2.0, with JL body and updated head and suit
It's after JL so I assume Superman just decided to wear his original MOS suit with the newer colors. They make mention to the JL characters a bit and of course JSA is in the film.

I do aspects of the MoS figure but do feel it looks very dated compared to the other Cavill figures.

An updated version with more vibrant colours and a new sculpt would be lovely.

I do aspects of the MoS figure but do feel it looks very dated compared to the other Cavill figures.

An updated version with more vibrant colours and a new sculpt would be lovely.
I like the MOS suit, but not for Superman. Too many black lines and wrist guards are weird. I like the BvS suit with the dark blue and the JL with the more classic blue color.

What makes the Hot Toys MoS figure great is the body used. I think it is better proportioned than the subsequent BvS or JL bodies.
It is. The reason why the other bodies look worse is b/c everyone complained about how tall the MoS figures were when they were released, so HT used a smaller/shorter internal barbell joint that connects the ab section to the chest to shrink him going forward instead of rescaling the entire body. Then, the addition of the oversized thighs messed up the proportions even more

Last edited:
It is. The reason why the other bodies look worse is b/c everyone complained about how tall the MoS figures were when they were released, so HT used a smaller internal barbell joint that connects the ab section to the chest to shrink him going forward instead of rescaling the entire body. Then, the addition of the oversized thighs messed up the proportions even more
That is so true. Those thighs just make it worse.

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-25 at 6.44.25 AM.jpeg

his BvS blue suit was torn when he died with DD, so while it was under renovation by Kelex, he used the old one.
This would be true if we use Josstice League as canon. However, if we use ZSJL as canon, we saw a full, undamaged BvS blue suit in the background when he visits the scout ship and chooses the black suit instead. If I remember correctly, we also see the blue suit when Flash is pushing his coffin down the hall, before the resurrection, where he refers to the ship and says "It knows he's here."

What makes the Hot Toys MoS figure great is the body used. I think it is better proportioned than the subsequent BvS or JL bodies.
I heartily disagree. The abs section is too long so it is not a good proportions. The hip and thighs are too wide. I worked on them to modify it, grinded a whole lot of them to make it better. The BvS is better for Cavill's physique, but I agree Hot Toys exaggerated the thighs making it badly proportioned. For me, it is a better base than the MoS body :D

With this cameo being pretty much everything anyone is talking about for Black Adam, one has to hope that HT sees that and gives us the figure. As much as I would love an updated headsculpt with the curl, I'd even take an updated paint app of the MoS headsculpt for now until we potentially get MoS 2, if it at least meant getting a much needed update to the MoS suit in figure.

I’m sure we’ll eventually get a MoS 2 figure. I doubt there’ll be anything from that five second cameo in Black Adam, though.

Black Adam was a really, truly bad-average film. But worth the price of admission for that ending alone. It's like a compeltely different screenwriter wrote then ending and a different team shot it.

Damn, Black Adam was bad.

So i know I'm not the only one who noticed yea it's the MOS suit but the belt buckle is def the square one from bvs/JL suit and not the round one from MOS. It's been tweaked obviously and I'm sure will be revised more before we get to whatever the next appearance will be. Just a catch I made when they posted this image yesterday morning

I heartily disagree. The abs section is too long so it is not a good proportions. The hip and thighs are too wide. I worked on them to modify it, grinded a whole lot of them to make it better. The BvS is better for Cavill's physique, but I agree Hot Toys exaggerated the thighs making it badly proportioned. For me, it is a better base than the MoS body :D
I never noticed the abs section until you mentioned it. But I don't find it distracting, to be honest. If the belt section were raised just a tiny bit, especially at the front, it would most likely solve that.

With this cameo being pretty much everything anyone is talking about for Black Adam, one has to hope that HT sees that and gives us the figure. As much as I would love an updated headsculpt with the curl, I'd even take an updated paint app of the MoS headsculpt for now until we potentially get MoS 2, if it at least meant getting a much needed update to the MoS suit in figure.
MoS 2 must be 2-3 away at this point. If they make another Cavill figure before then I think it's time for a new sculpt and body. They can just make tweaks to that for future releases.

Back