New HotToys Henry Cavill Superman a possibility?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeno Junkie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all! So with all the hype and mystery surrounding the new “Black Adam” film possibly having a Henry Cavill Superman appearance, and the response Dwayne Johnson gave to this split logo image, who else believes we have another Henry Cavill Superman coming in the near future?

5721FA07-950F-4552-8275-56C4B829BE60.jpeg

Hey all! So with all the hype and mystery surrounding the new “Black Adam” film possibly having a Henry Cavill Superman appearance, and the response Dwayne Johnson gave to this split logo image, who else believes we have another Henry Cavill Superman coming in the near future?

View attachment 590230
This will be really cool. Not to mention Henry Cavill said he's going to announce the future of Superman at SDCC at the Warner bros panel. So here is hoping he continues playing Superman and what better way to bring him back then in a follow up movie of Superman and Shazam vs Black Adam.

I think the movie ought to be Superman vs. Shazam where he gets his ass beat by a magic 12-year old and then audiences are pissed because they’re not going to see Cavill fight Black Adam, but, instead, Levi’s Shazam fight Black Adam because THAT’S WHAT SHOULD ******* HAPPEN, DWAYNE.

i think it’s a little too early to tell. We’ll have a better idea tomorrow if Henry Cavill does in fact make his “surprise” appearance - though probably not in person as he’s across the pond about to film the next season of The Witcher - at the DC panel as rumors are suggesting

So HC was a no show at SD.. and Rock not being specific on who's playing Superman..

Whatever WB was thinking with the Rock as Black Adam ushering in “a new hierarchy of power” is part of their tone deafness about how important Superman is to the DC fandom. WB is so bad at this. They genuinely don’t deserve the DC IPs, they really don’t. There has to be a place where Cavill and WBD can meet to get him back. That’s what the fans want. Just ******* give Henry what he’s asking already. I understand that David Zaslav is trying to cut costs but this is an investment that will clearly pay off.

Zack Snyder’s tweet that he’s appearing in Teen Titans Go got more likes than the Rock appearing in his suit at SDCC.

Are you kidding me? Think about that.

Cavill trended more than Black Adam yesterday. That absolutely says something. I hope WBD is paying attention.

Cavill is hot property, he is being casted in pretty much every geeky franchise going with no end in sight - if WB want him they need to pay him.
Ultimately, this is SUPERMAN. Not some 3rd tier character or franchise, stop being stingy, stop being stupid. They have pissed around and disrespected Cavill at every turn and now expect him to work at a discount?
Honestly, so frustrating.

Cavill is hot property, he is being casted in pretty much every geeky franchise going with no end in sight - if WB want him they need to pay him.
Ultimately, this is SUPERMAN. Not some 3rd tier character or franchise, stop being stingy, stop being stupid. They have pissed around and disrespected Cavill at every turn and now expect him to work at a discount?
Honestly, so frustrating.
Totally agree. I’m so frustrated we haven’t seen him as Superman more. After The Man of Steel they’ve treated his Superman like some background character. It’s insane! I can’t for the life of me figure out what morons at WB are making these decisions!!

So HC was a no show at SD.. and Rock not being specific on who's playing Superman..

It’s like he’s saying, “Yes, I’m going to fight Superman” but he doesn’t want to say too much. I don’t know… maybe Cavill will be making some sort of a surprise cameo in the film?? 🧐

Even if WB finally decide to get Cavill back, by the time they do it I shudder to think how far behind his head his hairline will have receded. As far as a new 1/6 Cavillman goes, I'm putting all my eggs into the InArt basket.

From what I’ve seen, WB has tried to get Cavill back numerous times but they are not willing to budge on a condition Cavill has.

That condition is not known publicly but conjectured to be either a higher salary and/or more creative control.

WB of course is still in the wrong here with how they mismanaged the property, characters, and actors. Their terrible cherry-picked approach to the DCEU soft reboot didn’t help either.

What a terrible self inflicted mess.

Indeed, its just so frustrating because WB have incredible characters, most of whom are being played by great actors (though I will never forgive Leto Joker and Eisenberg Luthor) who look and act the part and all the needed ingredients for something great..... and have pissed it up the wall.

Thankfully there are lights in the tunnel - Pattinson's Batman movie and Phoenix's Joker were absolutely fantastic and may not have been possible without the mess that the DCEU became.
Likewise in some other DC character movies they aren't doing too badly - Shazam was a very good movie I feel far too many in the mainstream forget or ignore, the second Suicide Squad movie was really enjoyable and led to Peacemaker which is a riot. Aquaman is, for me, just okay - visually arresting and the villains are really compelling characters but the plot is a pretty weak lion-king/arthur pendragon etc "one true king" narrative that has been played to death for a couple of centuries now.

But the mismanagement of Superman is pretty unforgiveable.
I honestly would be fairly happy if they just ignored the DCEU and focused on making a series of standalone Superman stories with Cavill that focus first and foremost on being a good series of stories about these characters and not vehicles to build a cinematic universe - that ship has sailed, even the MCU doesn't feel as connected or cohesive as it once was, the craze has passed - now focus on being storytellers.
So yeah, If I could snap my fingers I'd have a new series of Cavill Superman movies that had no connection to what came before, feel free to recast other parts (at the very least Luthor and Jimmy Olsen - another crime to the story I can't forgive) and start again.

Also while we are speaking of figures, I'm very happy to hear that the Inart Superman is likely Cavill - that is one I will look forward to.

I've seen some incredible BvS Superman customs. If they can get close to those I would get him.

I never got any of Hot Toys attempts, the likeness on MoS was the closest, but the subsequent figure was weaker and they reused it 3 times which really pissed me off.

Even if WB finally decide to get Cavill back, by the time they do it I shudder to think how far behind his head his hairline will have receded. As far as a new 1/6 Cavillman goes, I'm putting all my eggs into the InArt basket.
His hairline seems to have stabilised since the first movie. I think there were some initial concern when he was first cast as supes in relation to his hairline. But looks like whatever medication he is likely on has worked to prevent his follicles from getting burnt off.

Part of me is hoping Cavill Superman will be in the movie.
But there's also part of me a little cautious about him making appearance.
Nothing against the Rock, but he does give an impression sometimes that he's got the biggest ego.

Part of me thinks the big Reason he wants Cavill Superman in there is to show when they go to town, Black Adam can beat up Superman and quite possibly now, the strongest superhero ever.

There's a mentality when you ask many casual fans who they think is the strongest superhero, and the default answer to that is Superman.

Part of me thinks that Dwayne wants to change that.
I think this is even validated when this weekend, its stated that the hierchy of power or something is about to change.
probably, meaning, Superman will no longer be the top of the food chain.

Maybe Cavill as much as tempted as he is to be in this movie, he already got his ass kicked by Batman in BvS,
and now, Dwayne wants to changed the status of the mightiest hero.
So he may have said F that. lol

Especially given how Superman has been treated by WB… although even without taking that into account as well probably… there is no way DC fans on the whole are going to embrace Black Adam as the new apex superhero in the DC universe. And as somehow more popular a character than Superman. There is no ******* way that’s going to happen. This reflects just how incredibly tone deaf WB has been.

Back