New HotToys Henry Cavill Superman a possibility?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Adam was a really, truly bad-average film. But worth the price of admission for that ending alone. It's like a compeltely different screenwriter wrote then ending and a different team shot it.

Damn, Black Adam was bad.

Kind of mind blowing in that aspect. It felt to me like a dumbing down from the more interesting development we’ve seen both in the MCU and from Snyder, even though MCU and Snyder are so different. They both take the superhero genre extremely seriously. BA really does not. Stylistically, tonally, and in terms of tropes it’s complete throwback to 90s and early 00s. So bizarre. Such a strange decision. It might not make it’s money back at the box office (although as we know there are other revenue streams for films at the back end—still breaking even at the box office ensures profit from those other streams).

Kind of mind blowing in that aspect. It felt to me like a dumbing down from the more interesting development we’ve seen both in the MCU and from Snyder, even though MCU and Snyder are so different. They both take the superhero genre extremely seriously. BA really does not. Stylistically, tonally, and in terms of tropes it’s complete throwback to 90s and early 00s. So bizarre. Such a strange decision. It might not make it’s money back at the box office (although as we know there are other revenue streams for films at the back end—still breaking even at the box office ensures profit from those other streams).

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it, a lot if it reminded me of the first X-men film, but not in a good way. I don't think there was much more dialogue than a one line utterance spoken by anyone, a fair share of the dialogue is exposition, there's a lot of bad humour, it is annoyingly repetitive (how many times doen Hawkman have to fight Teth-Adam (How many times do they have to say Teth-Adam? Or hero, or villain?), overall it definitely felt like a comic-book screenwriter wrote this film, and they went to a 90's retreat to get in the mood for it.

Whoever thought that boy and mother and uncle trio were a good addition are woefully overpaid. The action was pretty boring, nothing felt that great to be honest. No scene had room to breathe, we as an audience weren't allowed to get a sense of how a character was feeling or what they were going through, we had to be told it all.

Sincerely hope that going forward they hire actual decent people. If this is where the DC is heading with their films I'm not looking forward to it. It's dumbed down, pumped full of money, with nothing of worth really being said in any great manner.

Atom Smasher and Cyclone literally felt like they were part of the suicide squad in Deadpool 2, just as well they tried to get a cardboard personality to try and quip and look like Deadpool to boot.

For once I actually agree with the critics, the reviews are bang on the money, the audience reviews are definitely over inflated. It's definitely the worst DC film they've put out and probably compared to the MCU films would be the worst out them also.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it, a lot if it reminded me of the first X-men film, but not in a good way. I don't think there was much more dialogue than a one line utterance spoken by anyone, a fair share of the dialogue is exposition, there's a lot of bad humour, it is annoyingly repetitive (how many times doen Hawkman have to fight Teth-Adam (How many times do they have to say Teth-Adam? Or hero, or villain?), overall it definitely felt like a comic-book screenwriter wrote this film, and they went to a 90's retreat to get in the mood for it.

Whoever thought that boy and mother and uncle trio were a good addition are woefully overpaid. The action was pretty boring, nothing felt that great to be honest. No scene had room to breathe, we as an audience weren't allowed to get a sense of how a character was feeling or what they were going through, we had to be told it all.

Sincerely hope that going forward they hire actual decent people. If this is where the DC is heading with their films I'm not looking forward to it. It's dumbed down, pumped full of money, with nothing of worth really being said in any great manner.

Atom Smasher and Cyclone literally felt like they were part of the suicide squad in Deadpool 2, just as well they tried to get a cardboard personality to try and quip and look like Deadpool to boot.

For once I actually agree with the critics, the reviews are bang on the money, the audience reviews are definitely over inflated. It's definitely the worst DC film they've put out and probably compared to the MCU films would be the worst out them also.
Worse than WW84? I'm finding that hard to imagine.

MoS 2 must be 2-3 away at this point. If they make another Cavill figure before then I think it's time for a new sculpt and body. They can just make tweaks to that for future releases.
while I agree that it's definitely time for something new, this is HT we're talking about who has been very lazy with Cavill Superman. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised but I also expect the bare minimum from them :LOL:

Worse than WW84? I'm finding that hard to imagine.

Absolutely. WW84 was definitely made with the intention of being cheesy and hammy, even though it was intentional that doesn't make up for how not that great it was (I still enjoyed it), whereas Black Adam doesn't even have that saving grace. When most of the film is dedicated to exposition and three characters that do nothing but detract from the film, the continuous fighting that goes on for too long for what it achieves (or doesn't achieve), it all feels a bit pointless, it was too silly for being as serious as it way trying to be, and not silly enough for how silly it came across.

Well IMHO it's way better than ww84. Like not even close. This movies sits right around the aquaman level for me. Lots of action and fun. A below par movie of a core trinity character is way worse than one of an unknown lesser villian character with his 1st appearance on the the big screen. Of course this is just my opinion. Movies are definitely subjective and we all love different ones for different reasons. Ww84 made the choice to go for that feel and it didn't land with me and most others. Black Adam overloaded the action and for me it did enough for me to enjoy it. The cameo was just sweet icing on a average cake at a good bday party 😂

I never noticed the abs section until you mentioned it. But I don't find it distracting, to be honest. If the belt section were raised just a tiny bit, especially at the front, it would most likely solve that.
76997703_2780841081971947_1158112320884680426_n.jpg

The Batman is on MOS body, credits to @seattlegeek on instagram. The nature of MoS body is apparent here. The hip area looks droopy. Yes, like you said, raising the belt may solve it, but the crotch still would look longer. Compared beside is SS Superman, I think one of the best proportioned comic book bodies. SS Batman body is great too. But only body shapes. Materials, especially headsculpt is crap, I always say it's Batgorilla lol.

Without clothing, the MoS body is obviously has long abs section. But the upper area is great.

No offense to that custom, but it usually only ever looks that elongated on customs that have poorly tailored outfits. There are tailors who made many custom outfits for the MoS body that look much better than the one being used as an example here. It’s just like when ppl try to force the Phicen/TBLeague M34 or M35 into the Sideshow comic suits. They end up looking awful b/c the Sideshow suits weren’t tailored for that body. In comparison to other figures, yea the MoS body might look elongated especially in ill-fitting clothing, but the MoS figure looks just fine proportion wise in a suit that’s made for the body as well as in its own line with Zod and JorEl.

However, we know now that HT has been slowly upscaling a lot of their figures. DX19 is bigger than DX12 and DX11, current Captain America figures are about half an inch taller than the previous ones before Concept Cap. Pretty sure there are other examples as well. MoS Superman is probably appropriate height now than he was before.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the day we see Henry like this. He basically finally had the curl in the cameo and the one image he posted. Glad to finally have him back.
Screenshot_20221029-220943~2.png

Back