NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what goes into the cost of a toy line so I'm not saying what should and shouldn't be made, but to make a dozen predators and a diorama from a film but not make the main character is just a little odd to me.

Makes it even worse when I see the Jonah Hex and Lone Ranger figs massively discounted

I dunno about that. Is Bishop really that popular? I want him yeah but I'd take more of the actual USCM squad before him, the guys who were actually in combat with the aliens. I mean I'd take Burke as much as a I would Bishop. He saw at least as much Alien action, albeit a scene of shorter duration. And Harrigan was the main character of a goddamn film. I think he should be made.

Harrigan doesn't get much love in general, popularity-wise it seems most Aliens characters would rank higher. Ofcourse, it's a much more popular film but Bishop is also one of the 4 survivors, and the only one to reappear in Alien 3 and A/P; and Lance Henriksen's likeness rights are probably not too much trouble to acquire. I know they said they tried to get Vasquez' rights and failed, I hope they try for Drake, but Bishop makes a lot of sense to me. I'd still like a Harrigan though.

image.jpg
Neca posted this teaser of their Bad Blood Predator figure on twitter.

Makes it even worse when I see the Jonah Hex and Lone Ranger figs massively discounted

It does to me too, but those figures are marketed to a much broader audience - the summertime popcorn munchers that are at a FYE or TRU and happen to see the fig (from what is predicted months in advance as being a big blockbuster of the summer). Of course, predictions are just that, and these figs end up in said bargain bin when they don't pan out.

Love Bad blood and hope this first Dark Horse comic based predator is a step closer to a Broken Tusk and Top Knot

Back