NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joints could appear to be in place, yet still be broken.

If that were so, they'd be rattling around a bit... I know you can't really tell when things are painted shut, but as for actual broken things it shouldn't be too hard to spot them.

Well Dillon has settled a score with the P1 at last - my Series 3 masked P1's left arm broke off at the elbow. Thanks NECA.

While I was intending to do as Prefused keeps telling us, immerse the figure in hot water, I foolishly thought it might be able to withstand the lightest initial attempt at, well, using the articulation it was given. Not so. Broke off at the barest pressure. So far the Elder is fine after the hot water thing.

However I'm not convinced that would have helped my T2 series 3 T-1000s. Took another look at those last night and quite literally every single one of them is either broken or has a visible joint weakness where they are bound to break if I make any attempt to move the joint. Some of them have multiple breaks - heads, shoulders and elbows. The joints on that figure were an absolute joke, I don't care how 'cheap' they are. What the hell happened there? My series 1 and 2 T-800s were all fine.

In fairness though, I think I got lucky with the paintjobs on my Predators series 3 and latest The Terminator/T2 figures. Not as messy as I feared they would be.

Well Dillon has settled a score with the P1 at last - my Series 3 masked P1's left arm broke off at the elbow. Thanks NECA.
While I was intending to do as Prefused keeps telling us, immerse the figure in hot water, I foolishly thought it might be able to withstand the lightest initial attempt at, well, using the articulation it was given. Not so. Broke off at the barest pressure. So far the Elder is fine after the hot water thing.

However I'm not convinced that would have helped my T2 series 3 T-1000s. Took another look at those last night and quite literally every single one of them is either broken or has a visible joint weakness where they are bound to break if I make any attempt to move the joint. Some of them have multiple breaks - heads, shoulders and elbows. The joints on that figure were an absolute joke, I don't care how 'cheap' they are. What the hell happened there? My series 1 and 2 T-800s were all fine.

In fairness though, I think I got lucky with the paintjobs on my Predators series 3 and latest The Terminator/T2 figures. Not as messy as I feared they would be.

Sounds like you had the exact issue as mine, except mine was on the elder :monkey2 Barely began to touch it and just snap. I since superglued it in position so whatever. Pisses me off but what can you do really.

Yep. I just said to myself "I'll see if it has stuck joints first before I bother filling the sink" and gave the arm a slight nudge - snap. Seems you cannot risk moving anything at all to any degree on a NECA figure till you dunk it in hot water. Though as I said I don't think even that would have helped the T-1000 situation.

I do like the new colour tones on the series 3 masked though. Much better than the yellow of the previous classic/P1s.

Yep. I just said to myself "I'll see if it has stuck joints first before I bother filling the sink" and gave the arm a slight nudge - snap. Seems you cannot risk moving anything at all to any degree on a NECA figure till you dunk it in hot water. Though as I said I don't think even that would have helped the T-1000 situation.

I do like the new colour tones on the series 3 masked though. Much better than the yellow of the previous classic/P1s.

it sounds more like brittle cheap plastic, i think it would have broke even if you had heated it.

My advice to NECA would be give us stronger joints or just make these things statues. My T-1000s are pretty much going to be statues now anyway after I glue them (so far I haven't bothered).

I'd like statues.

You can't get any good poses with NECA's figures (well, that's not entirely true), they're fragile as hell, you can't play with them, I never even move mine..etc.

Back