NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

no, that was just lousy sculpting. the only articulation i can think of that the McF P2 had that the NECA one doesn't is the pecs/shoulders. the AVP figures had the same thing and it looked fine on those.

Well, you say that, but did you notice most of the figure was sculpted to house the joints? I mean, it was one of the few times McF did joints on a figure...but they didn't do so hot because the thing is pretty much naked.

Look at him VS Skull Splitter from one of the Spawn lines. One of their finest. The articulation is neat, and is hidden under pads and armor.

And then look at 10th Anni Spawn.....not lookin so hot.

well, look at him vs the AVP preds. they had the same articulation and they didn't look all jacked up.

I have all three 18 inches. One of the best collection I have on display.

ayn1vr.jpg

2ykhkxz.jpg

vhx950.jpg

Masked.

33djt5s.jpg

2nibpdj.jpg

vemdqq.jpg

I think NECA is on vacation at the moment. No news on twitter or fb for almost eight days now.

:lol haven't you heard? NECA doesn't screw their preds up.. it's the customers who don't know how to play with their toys correctly that keep effing them up. Get it right!!!

Next time I get a pred, I'll dip it in hot water, blow dry it, and do a little dance. Maybe even sacrifice one of my cats to the plastic gods in hopes that the joints won't snap as I try to actually move them.

.. kidding of course about the cat part.

Seriously though - even if the hot water trick works the first time, what happens when you want to maybe actually pose it again someday long after it's cooled off? Do you have to heat it up every time you move it?

It does seem that this has been a random issue with series 3 preds, so it's very possible that those of you that haven't had any problems with them have simply gotten lucky. I'm sure if you went through the effort of heating them up, you won't want to agree with me though. :lol

Curious if anyone's reported the brittle limbs on the SDCC Gort?

Seriously though - even if the hot water trick works the first time, what happens when you want to maybe actually pose it again someday long after it's cooled off? Do you have to heat it up every time you move it?

Y'know I'm wondering that myself. The joints on my Falconer Predator seemed to freeze back up pretty damn quick. Heating them up is no solution at all if you literally have to do it every time you want to use the articulation.

Last edited:
The only smaller neca pred I have opened is berserker. So far so good on the joints. If anything they seem a bit loose. I do get worried the more I read this thread tho. That's why I haven't opened my Elder. He's much harder to find another one of if he breaks.

Im going to get Elder Predator this Saturday :yess:Luckily I dont have to buy it from any Internet sites :banana.

:lol haven't you heard? NECA doesn't screw their preds up.. it's the customers who don't know how to play with their toys correctly that keep effing them up. Get it right!!!

Next time I get a pred, I'll dip it in hot water, blow dry it, and do a little dance. Maybe even sacrifice one of my cats to the plastic gods in hopes that the joints won't snap as I try to actually move them.

kidding of course about the cat part.

:rotfl

You mean I am the only one who has a electric oven and pan of water next to my NECA figures?:thud:

I only use the hot water/blow dryer because they're brand new, joints have probably never been moved, and they've been sealed in a package for a long time.

I never need to use it again..that I can think of..

Only one I have opened is the berserker, and despite his numerous shelf dives, he is still intact.

Damn, my Elder broke!
I heated the damn thing up, loosened all joints and they were working fantastically well, and then, a couple of days later I try to move the elbow and it promptly breaks.
Unbelievable.

Back