NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys made the Powerloader but will not make the Alien Queen. So far we have only heard from NECA that the main sculptor wants to make the Queen but ultimately it won't be up to him. What of the Powerloader? Are we doomed never to get poseable (toys, non-statue) versions of both in the same line?

Nazi's are the greatest cinematic villians.

I collect some figures of Nazis to take silly pictures of them. Like this one:
biker1f.jpg

That's not fair, I'm running out of room in my house, you know I have to buy anything predator

Getting back on track...

I can't believe we're getting the HT vs Neca debate going, as if the two are somehow competing. With such radically different price points and construction, they aren't really.

Hot Toys - like all 1/6 posable figures - are marmite. Either you buy into the poseable format, with real fabrics, massive poseability and customisation options, or you don't. Obviously a lot of people do. I didn't initially but changed my mind after getting one 'in hand'.

Similarly, the argument about 'real fans' and utter accuracy is somewhat superfluous. There are very few clear shots of the Predators in their films, and multiple suits no doubt with individual variations. I honestly can't pick which of the Mcfarlane, Neca and Hot Toys Preds is most accurate; Hot Toys have an issue with the mask, but arguably that's because they have an issue with it (fitting over the Predator's face) which did not exist in the original costume.

So the appeal - can we just distinguish between "I don't like it" and "it is poor quality tat"? There's always a first time...

Im not referring to Nazi's from films

I'm referring to the Nazi's who slaughtered hundreds of thousands of people

I'm referring to cinematic Nazi's. We need more film Nazi's.

IB doesnt count. I want over the top, ZEEZ IZ OUR EVUL PLAN! Nazi's. Classic Indiana Jones Nazi's.....

I also want a Zombie Hitler.

Hellboy? Make this so!

Getting back on track...

I can't believe we're getting the HT vs Neca debate going, as if the two are somehow competing. With such radically different price points and construction, they aren't really.

Hot Toys - like all 1/6 posable figures - are marmite. Either you buy into the poseable format, with real fabrics, massive poseability and customisation options, or you don't. Obviously a lot of people do. I didn't initially but changed my mind after getting one 'in hand'.

Similarly, the argument about 'real fans' and utter accuracy is somewhat superfluous. There are very few clear shots of the Predators in their films, and multiple suits no doubt with individual variations. I honestly can't pick which of the Mcfarlane, Neca and Hot Toys Preds is most accurate; Hot Toys have an issue with the mask, but arguably that's because they have an issue with it (fitting over the Predator's face) which did not exist in the original costume.

So the appeal - can we just distinguish between "I don't like it" and "it is poor quality tat"? There's always a first time...
no, the neca pred is far more accurate than anything else. and there are plenty of clear reference pics.

The Neca prototype is far more accurate, but that is a the problem...it is a static proto. I hope that we see the same level of accuracy in the smaller figs with posability, but its hard to argue against the fun factor of Hot Toys Preds. If you are like me you will appreciate the dilemma...the more great product the better. Kind of reminds me of a poor mans SS maquette vs Cinemaquette argument, of which I had a similar stance...

The Neca prototype is far more accurate, but that is a the problem...it is a static proto.

Not only that, it's going to be shrunk for production. So not only will the final product be considerably smaller and less detailed, but NECA is known for crappy/sloppy mass produced paint jobs. I highly doubt the finished product will look anything like the proto. Look at the AVP Wolf figures from NECA and that's basically what I think these figures will end up looking like. Blah.

It's kind of funny. There have been quite a few newer people posting in this thread. Almost like they were waiting for a "Yay for NECA thread", and finally being able to argue their case why NECA is better than Hot Toys.

I think NECA puts out some fantastic sculpts, and I have quite a few of their pieces, but I have to admit that it is quite hard to go back to NECA once you've gone Hot Toys... (once you go black...)

I'm still optimistic that the production pieces will match the brilliant P1 prototype. I would love to get my hands on that prototype though.

It's kind of funny. There have been quite a few newer people posting in this thread. Almost like they were waiting for a "Yay for NECA thread", and finally being able to argue their case why NECA is better than Hot Toys.

Hah, yeah I know what you mean. Now, I love NECA lately, their T2 line kicks ass and so too will their new Predators, I have no doubt. However it does seem odd with all these new members coming in to bash Hot Toys.

I think NECA puts out some fantastic sculpts, and I have quite a few of their pieces, but I have to admit that it is quite hard to go back to NECA once you've gone Hot Toys... (once you go black...)

I'm still optimistic that the production pieces will match the brilliant P1 prototype. I would love to get my hands on that prototype though.

Me I've not found it hard to go back to NECA. Last years T2 figures were my favourite figures of last year and their T-1000 is my most eagerly awaited figure of any kind so far in 2010. Thats because of Terminator being probably my favourite franchise but also because I just loved the execution of the figures.

I know some people do not entertain any kind of comparison between a 7" or 12" plastic figure and a 12" Hot Toys figure but I think objective arguments can be made about how one aspect of either type of figure was done better than on the other company's figure....and that isn't always in the high-end figure's favour.

Back