NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a kiss and a nice mug?

Or maybe you'd like them to pay YOU to collect the figures?

Dude, just be happy you're getting some accurate Pred figs...seriously.

When you not a sexy Women you don't kiss me:lol

I buy the Figures an i will a Figure than have the Functions that I wish.

This Points are very important for a Movie Acurate figure.

The figure sculpt is better than everyone else, would be a pity if one makes mistakes and important things would omissions .

The real netting, good paintjob and cloth bands on their arms and legs, one has also seen the prototype.

And the Open Control Panel Function is an ingenious filmacorate gimmick.
As well as a base and a bloody Skull to the figure appear more noble.

NECA doesn't do that sort of thing. If they make a 12" or 18" version of the figure, it'll come with less or the same ammount of goodies as the 7" version, the only real differences are size and because of size, some better sculpt and paint quality, that's all.

and maybe a sound feature...which i would totally dig on this figure.

lol, HT's version has that... minus the total movie-accuracy, but hey, everyone has their cup o' tea. Me, I'll take both. My Alien and Predator NECA collection is growing mighty fast.

Yes, a few of these things, the Hot Toys Predator too.
But these things are not so high-level functions, many other normal action figure has the same thing.

The base and the Control Panel-Open Function have the McFarlane Predator too.
And the Light-up feature, many neca Figures have this Function(12"Final Battle T-800 Arnold and 18" Endoskeletton).

They do sound, but I only like it when there's a cool sound to do. Hannibal Lecter had lines from Hopkins which was cool, Michael Myers just played the Halloween theme which was cheap. The 18" Alien had no sounds. The Predator would be awesome to have sound though, the various roars, that catty prrr it makes.

NECA doesn't do that sort of thing. If they make a 12" or 18" version of the figure, it'll come with less or the same ammount of goodies as the 7" version, the only real differences are size and because of size, some better sculpt and paint quality, that's all.

This need not be so.
Many bigger figures have a light-up function.

And some 7 "figures have also a smart base (Cult Classics Endoskeletton).
In addition, I have spoken on this Gimmick also an accessory Set that you buy separately.
Do you have something against a cool Jungelbase or a bloody skull ?.
This is Predator :)

The real netting and cloth bands on their arms and legs now would be nothing new, the prototype of this has already .

And the Control Panel Function must be simple, which is par excellence the most interesting Function(the Scene in the Movie is so cool).
Especially at a large figure where it is also possible to view one wishes .
Now would be no big problem to make something like this.
With more features you make the big figures even more interesting.

They do sound, but I only like it when there's a cool sound to do. Hannibal Lecter had lines from Hopkins which was cool, Michael Myers just played the Halloween theme which was cheap. The 18" Alien had no sounds. The Predator would be awesome to have sound though, the various roars, that catty prrr it makes.

along with the roars and such, I would want the laugh and the Mac lines "over here", "turn around" and "any time".

Heh, though having those lines coming out of the Predator figure would seem odd for someone who didn't know the movie/character, so maybe not...

Sounds for me not Must-Haves.
Light up are cooler.
But, when the quality of the Sounds are good, they a cool Feature.

This need not be so.
Many bigger figures have a light-up function.

And some 7 "figures have also a smart base (Cult Classics Endoskeletton).
In addition, I have spoken on this Gimmick also an accessory Set that you buy separately.
Do you have something against a cool Jungelbase or a bloody skull ?.
This is Predator :)

The real netting and cloth bands on their arms and legs now would be nothing new, the prototype of this has already .

And the Control Panel Function must be simple, which is par excellence the most interesting Function(the Scene in the Movie is so cool).
Especially at a large figure where it is also possible to view one wishes .
Now would be no big problem to make something like this.
With more features you make the big figures even more interesting.

I have nothing against extra features or add on packs, I'm just realistic to what NECA offers. There 7" Rob Zombie Michael Myers had a nice display base with grave and ground, the 18" version didn't come with the base. NECA doesn't really do add on packs either, if they don't put all accessories in with the figure, they do variants to spread it out, like the Wolf, each of the basic Wolf Predator figures varied ever so slightly, just a few different accessories each. Ideally it would have just been on figure with it all, but to spread out costs of making it, they made 2 figures that were pretty much the same and added some different accessories and alternate heads to sell them both. NECA makes a nice product, but it's not woth getting hopes up about elaborate accessory packs or all out versions in 12" or 18" scale, the 7" versions are usually exactly what you'll get in the larger formats. The only exceptions are the addition of lights or sounds at the larger sizes, but accessories end up the same or less of them with the larger scale versions.

This Points are very important for a Movie Acurate figure.

The figure sculpt is better than everyone else, would be a pity if one makes mistakes and important things would omissions .

The real netting, good paintjob and cloth bands on their arms and legs, one has also seen the prototype.

And the Open Control Panel Function is an ingenious filmacorate gimmick.
As well as a base and a bloody Skull to the figure appear more noble.

You raise valid points, but let's look at what company we're dealing with. NECA is affordable, therefore they'll do the best they can (well, sort of; they release multiple versions for maximum paydirt) for who these figures cater to.
Let's not forget the golden rule: final products are always different from the two-ups, because the two-ups are for press and to build up hype.
Not saying the final thing won't look good, but it hardly makes sense to expect an assembly-line item to have the quality that the prototype got you pumped up for.

@Tankman: I remember you saying you'd be interested in sculpting the Predalien and Praetorian from the AVP game? Well, what about the actual Predators (the YoungBloods)?

Last edited:
@MaulFan

In 7" you can even make different versions.
But the 18" should not be any version.
With ball joints you can make easy 3 heads, the 12" Leonidas had already 2 Heads.

I know that never has so much Neca accessories.
On the other side they make a Haloween diorama, why not also in Terminator or Predator?.
This Frachises sell at least as good.

The functions would now be no problem.
Tankman plans a real netting and the Prototypes have colth Bands, then the real figure were are cloth Bands.
A light feature is for me not a must have. But is very cool and many Figures have this Function.

Related to the Control Panel would be no problem, since many bigger figures provide a little more functional.

It remains the problem of accessories.
At the small one could either make a diorama or an extra set.
The set would be as large as a 7" Figure.
When a collector buying all 3 versions of a figure then he buying a special Set with further Accesorries. During the big, one could similarly make it.
Neca do not this, but se have never tried it.
Why not ?
There are many Predator fans around the world and many would be interested in such things.
Companies such as Hasbro make sowas in their toys.
When Predator such things would really make sense.

Also must make a 7" Dutch.
It has been nen Arnold Sculpt and Likeness Rights.
Neca can make a Kidbashed figure with new parts and older parts(from T-800 and Conan).

Many Fans wishes a Dutch Figure.
On Dutch Neca can make some Versions.

We are buying Neca Stuff and loves the Predator, we must hoping for this. :)

@Tankman: I remember you saying you'd be interested in sculpting the Predalien and Praetorian from the AVP game? Well, what about the actual Predators (the YoungBloods)?

Yes, Youngblood(s) pleeeeease:D
aliens-vs-predator-20090525035326365.jpg

On the other side they make a Haloween diorama, why not also in Terminator or Predator?.

According to Tankman, the Predator figures are some of the most, if not the most, expensive figures for NECA to produce. I'm like you, I'd love to see expansive sets and products offered, but I figured you might benefit from understanding a lot of what you're dreaming of is very unlikely to happen with NECA. Right now, it's looking like we'll be lucky if we get 7" versions of the Predator from Predator 2. NECA makes a nice product, but their offerings are pretty basic and predictable.

@Blade3327
Yes, of course.
The end products never look as good as the prototype.
Sculpt is the perfect , remains the problem of the paintjob .
This will never be 100% as the prototype.
But there are differences from Neca Product to Neca Product.
Some characters have a very good paintjob, some has a "bad" paintjob.
Hopefully the paint does not remember details .
The paintjob needs to be 85% of prototypes, not 50%.
And at some other things you can even repainted.
And the 18" Predator is from their sizes and prices have a slightly better paintjob and finished than the 7" figures.

What the entire functions and terms.
I demand so no big things.
All things are possible and would not be expensive.
I will not even flip Medi-kit or a walking Fuction . :)
But the most necessary things should have both.
At the small demands a good paintjob and little colth bands.
A real netting and the rest I just want the big one.
Due to the size it would be easier to make these things there.
With all these things is the Predator a bit more expensive than other 18" figures.
But it is about the Predator, one of the most important figures in our collections.
And what good is an already mediocre figure. During your 10-15 dollars more for this great figure, too much ?
A hot toys figure always costs much, much, much more.

The Neca Predator could even be somewhat better than the hot toys.
Surely he does not have the full functions, the good finished and the genial paintjob.
But he has the better Sculpt, would cost much less and would be larger.

@MaulFan
Neca will already have a reason that the Predator is its most expensive figure.
So that they can earn the most money.
They are ne company, they must invest to make money.

apart from the companies may even try new things.

McFarlen is even more specialized in sports.
Nevertheless, they have made a Terminator 3 diorama(with a all new Arnold Figure).

I think Neca would earn good money with these things.
Neca can try it.
Figures to horror movies and there are still long.

McFarlane and Neca have tried it and he makes moneay with this.
Tthey have to just try things, too.

It would be pretty stupid not to make City Hunter Predator.
They have made even the Predator 2 Elder Predator and have the Predator 2 Lizence.

Hot Toys has made a City Hunter Predator and McFarlane and both are selling very well.
As you can see that the people want to have Predator stuff.

The Problem of all is the bad Management of Neca :-(

What can we do to implement our goals ?
For we can not just hope.

I have a good idea.
Neca could do a poll on their site what the buyers want it all.
Then you could see what you do and what not.

did you know how many 18" figures neca released ? More then 40 !

It would be a big mistake to bring the predator in 12", because they didn´t published any horror/sci-fiction figures in the size.
And i think we could be sure that neca bring the predator in a larger scale, but the question is 12" or 18" ?

i have all the neca 18 inch in my collection and i must said very nice!!! Hope neca come out predator 18 inch as so far no one has done any predator in 18 inch.

Back