NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kind of funny. There have been quite a few newer people posting in this thread. Almost like they were waiting for a "Yay for NECA thread", and finally being able to argue their case why NECA is better than Hot Toys.

Aha! Thanks for the education lesson. Everything I've known up to now as been wrong until you came around.:banana

Finally I found the "guru", I have the answers to all doubts :lol

It really depends on what you're looking for in a fig. If you want what has been built up in people's minds as the ultimate super-figs (it sounds like I hate 'em, but they ROCK!), get Hot Toys.
If you want something great, but more affordable, go for NECA or McFarlane.
If you want something meant strictly for display in an old-fashioned sorta way, go for statues.

Jeez, peeps. It all depends on the collection, your preferences, etc.

It really depends on what you're looking for in a fig. If you want what has been built up in people's minds as the ultimate super-figs (it sounds like I hate 'em, but they ROCK!), get Hot Toys.
If you want something great, but more affordable, go for NECA or McFarlane.
If you want something meant strictly for display in an old-fashioned sorta way, go for statues.

Jeez, peeps. It all depends on the collection, your preferences, etc.

Or, you can do what I do and GET THEM ALL!

Or, you can do what I do and GET THEM ALL!

Indeed, I don't get how collecting seems to have become a constant pissing match and contest over who has the best products and who owns them over who doesn't, way I see it, if you like something, buy it and collect it, regardless of the rest of the collectings community. It seems like participation on forums turns some people's collecting into driven by the "group" instead of their own personal tastes and choices.

Indeed, I don't get how collecting seems to have become a constant pissing match and contest over who has the best products and who owns them over who doesn't, way I see it, if you like something, buy it and collect it, regardless of the rest of the collectings community. It seems like participation on forums turns some people's collecting into driven by the "group" instead of their own personal tastes and choices.

I agree.

Another thing that gets me is edition number/edition size envy that people get.

I don't understand how having #3 out of 3000 is any better than having #2999. :duh

It's the same piece as the other guy's. It's not painted any better or made of better material.
I honestly couldn't tell you what any edition numbers are on any piece I have.
Don't know...don't care. They're all the same.

Along the same lines is the huge stink some people made over the edition size change that Sideshow made on their Alien Warrior maquette.
When people found out the edition size went up, they freaked. Like having more out there for other people to buy was going to lessen the importance of their own piece.

I just don't get some collectors.

People are using there collections as status symbols and not just enjoying the items.

Whatever works, I really like my HT Predator, and I'm really going to like picking up these Predators too.

I definitely agree with you Sabres on the edition size. Couldn't care what number I get, and to be honest, most of the time I wish they actually made more than they do so that I could get it for a lower price.

I don't understand how having #3 out of 3000 is any better than having #2999. :duh

:lol:lol:lol I never understood that either.

Along the same lines is the huge stink some people made over the edition size change that Sideshow made on their Alien Warrior maquette.
When people found out the edition size went up, they freaked. Like having more out there for other people to buy was going to lessen the importance of their own piece.

Or that. Weird. Personally, I buy what I like and (at the moment) what I have room for. Could care less about what company makes them.

Man... even with possibly-sculpted netting, these babies'll look fantastic!
I love my AVP-R Wolf... And these promise even more poseability (cha-ching)!

When a bigger Predator 1 Figure comming, I Hope that Neca make a real-not sculpted Netting like the Prototypes.

This is a nice Plan :)

What you plans for the bigger Predator Figure(interchangebles Heads, open Controlpanel on Arm,interchangeble Heads, light-up Feature on the Helmet, Bands on arms and legs as you seen on the Prototyp).

A seperate Accesorie Set for the bigger Predetor were cool like the Action Man Accesory Sets from Hasbro.

I think a lot of accesoris were cool for this Set(Jungelbase like the 12" McFarlane Predator and a bloody Scull with Spine).

How about a kiss and a nice mug?

Or maybe you'd like them to pay YOU to collect the figures?

Dude, just be happy you're getting some accurate Pred figs...seriously.

lol, HT's version has that... minus the total movie-accuracy, but hey, everyone has their cup o' tea. Me, I'll take both. My Alien and Predator NECA collection is growing mighty fast.

This is a nice Plan :)

What you plans for the bigger Predator Figure(interchangebles Heads, open Controlpanel on Arm,interchangeble Heads, light-up Feature on the Helmet, Bands on arms and legs as you seen on the Prototyp).

A seperate Accesorie Set for the bigger Predetor were cool like the Action Man Accesory Sets from Hasbro.

I think a lot of accesoris were cool for this Set(Jungelbase like the 12" McFarlane Predator and a bloody Scull with Spine).

NECA doesn't do that sort of thing. If they make a 12" or 18" version of the figure, it'll come with less or the same ammount of goodies as the 7" version, the only real differences are size and because of size, some better sculpt and paint quality, that's all.

Back