NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, believe it or not, the greatest gain of super-articulation is the ability to have a figure just stand up straight with arms by the side if desired. This issue forces a more dynamic pose that disguises the fact that one leg is longer than the other, a leg pose that I might have preferred not having (which is what was problematic when they used to be preposed semi-statues)

I know, I know, first world problems, but you can say that about almost anything and never bother to address it. It just seems so unnecessary. Yes, we can tolerate it by disguising it with a wide leg pose, but why are we having to in the first place? Surely this should be an easy fix.

. . . Surely this should be an easy fix.

Yep - they should be able to fix it and I've no idea why they don't.

But (not having a go at you mate - just a preference) - since I don't buy action figures to have them stand up straight, I don't feel like I'm being forced to do this to disguise or tolerate anything.

I understand why it would bug some folks though.

I think Reefer Shark's pose is just perfect for these 2 . . . and this is how I'll be displaying mine (minus Machiko's mask) - hope RS doesn't charge consultancy fees :)

image.png

But (not having a go at you mate - just a preference) - since I don't buy action figures to have them stand up straight, I don't feel like I'm being forced to do this to disguise or tolerate anything.

No offense taken :duff

I realize that not every collector will care but NECA shouldn't bank on that. NECA should care. It would bother me if I was consistently producing something with this sloppy error that I wanted people to buy.

i learned at sixth grade camp that if you get lost in the woods and try to walk your way out, you will just end up walking in circles 'cus everyone has one longer and one shorter leg. so these neca figures are 100% biologically correct.

I understand why it would bug some folks though.

I think Reefer Shark's pose is just perfect for these 2 . . . and this is how I'll be displaying mine (minus Machiko's mask) - hope RS doesn't charge consultancy fees :)

image.png

Haha thanks bro! No charge for posing consultations lol

Target DPCI 323-07-0089/0090 for broken tusk and machiko. unsure why the DPCI is different for each, it's usually just one per assortment. not planogrammed, so theres a good possibility they'll be in the stockroom. $23.99 each.

That’s like saying “I never intend to get into a head on collision so I don’t care if my seat belt and air bag don’t work” :lol

That's actually not an entirely accurate analogy. :lol

Whether you get into a head on collision or not isn't entirely dependent on your own actions, it depends on the actions of others as well. However, when it comes to posing your figures, how they get posed is entirely dependent on how you decide to do so.

just give him one leg warping over time, and everything will be ok again.

0MtpuTz.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

That's actually not an entirely accurate analogy. :lol

Whether you get into a head on collision or not isn't entirely dependent on your own actions, it depends on the actions of others as well. However, when it comes to posing your figures, how they get posed is entirely dependent on how you decide to do so.

Yes but our figures can also take a tumble totally independent of our actions especially those crooked leg Predators lol

:lol

Funny as these jokes are I do find this annoying. Does Randy really see no issue with this? It's been a problem ever since they switched to this kind of increased articulation and they just keep pumping out these drunk figures.

There must surely be a way to fix this at production.
Alright, so there was a NECA tweet from earlier today on the subject of Prototypes vs. Production Pieces. Someone asked why the Gremlin's teeth aren't as sharp as they appeared on the prototype, and so I used that discussion as a springboard to ask about the reasoning behind hip-height-discrepancy. I worded the question in a way so as to place blame on the factory and not NECA. If Randy responds, I'll follow up by asking if they can address the situation so that future figures can stand straight.
Hopefully I don't get DiFabio'd.

Haha, yup - I've been shot down in the form of my question being ignored! Or, true, maybe it simply went unseen... But I shall keep an eye out for opportunities to ask again until we get our answer!! That Randy hasn't heard the last of meeeeee!!!

Well... if the figure itself turned out decent then I might buy it. Having NECA figures is enough for this movie.

Back