NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if Neca predator had proper proportions, they would be in perfect scale. because proper proportions for a predator mean bigger (and longer) upper body :)

movie-neca-compared.jpg~original

so you're all correct - scale is OK but height difference isn't.

Well, they've gotta save some improvements for the ''Even Ultimater'' Predators.

Yep, the people who want them AVP height are probably right then.

Now I kinda want it taller too, thanks a lot guys.

Doin' what we can to ruin it for everyone else *lights cigar*

KevinPeterHall&ArnoldSchwarzenegger01.JPG

^if that pic can be trusted then the discrepancy is even clearer again

Worth noting that in the image of the costume, the camera is in an elevated position while in the image of the NECA figure, we are looking up at the figure. Not saying there may not be a difference, but that isn't the best comparison to make. Some subtle foreshortening is happening in both of those pictures, in different directions.
worth noting that if it's the case, feel free to correct it with photos and not noting :)

anyway, as i said, i shrunk Dutch only to 95% of original image, and his height began fitting the predator from the movie height comparison scene (which is better than any guesses because it's in the movie and it's "intended").
but the size of Dutch's head shrunk too much, too.

i believe that the only problem is that predator's legs are a little too long for the body. or the body is a little too short (if it must match already existing Dutch).

masked_neca_predator_by_mangrasshopper-d3jxmkj.jpg

5% added to torso length - and it would be a perfect fit.

(damn, what a beauty. i know it's custom paint, but still :( )

it's even more visible on small predators: their proportions are extremely weird.

necapred2borg9a.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the AvP body, a Marine and a P2 body (the JH 2.0 body with the additional leg articulation is actually shorter than the P2 body)

worth noting that if it was the case, you'd photo your figure in exact same pose or find another photo of it and compared it :)

I actually found this picture in a google search

I dunno, would you still say the problem is localised to the sculpt of the torso?

Looks pretty close there. And even there, the photo of the NECA is a little more zoomed in than the suit (head is slightly higher, left foot is slightly lower).

I dunno, would you still say the problem is localised to the sculpt of the torso?
what do you mean by "still say"? your comparison shows what i already said - legs:torso ratio is wrong. legs are too long or torso is too small. to fit Dutch he needs a bigger torso. to have proper proportions he need a general fix of an upper/lower halves size.
but you better talk to Blade from now, he's one of those people who doesn't take part in any investigation except for arguing, and i hate that turn of any searching process very much.

Steady on. Blade said nothing to warrant any suggestion that he just wants to argue.

I'm not saying you're wrong...but based on that particular comparison I don't think it proves your point at all. In fact, if anything, in that shot the abdomen on the toy looks longer than on the real thing. And I think if the toy's legs were shorter in that shot then that would look wrong.

Last edited:

Good find. Everything has correct proportions more or less.

Then the problem is overall scale, the whole figure should be a bit bigger.

I'm not saying you're wrong...but based on that particular comparison I don't think it proves your point at all. In fact, if anything, in that shot the abdomen on the toy looks longer than on the real thing. And I think if the toy's legs were shorter in that shot then that would look wrong.
I agree. Torso is a tad bigger than it should be, but it also could be that the pic on the right is a bit more zoomed in like Blade says. I still think it's an overall size problem. Seems like an easy fix, but they'll never do it.

If I were to fault the NECA figure based on that shot it'd be he's maybe a little thin in the midsection and he's got a bit of Kardashian ass going on.

You guys are hardcore when it comes to accuracy. Just give me P1 and P2 with AVP height bodies and I will be happy. (But I'll of course take better proportions too). 😀

... just wanted to call to your attention, the Ultimate Jungle and City Hunters ARE NOT final. They rushed the protos so they could have something to show. You all would have been pissed if they didn't showed them at SDCC

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

... thank you for that pic! :D Don't know why people wants giant Predators
Pst, you skipped the rest of the conversation where it's actually showed the P1 pred is actually too short... No biggie, it's still there.

... just wanted to call to your attention, the Ultimate Jungle and City Hunters ARE NOT final. They rushed the protos so they could have something to show. You all would have been pissed if they didn't showed them at SDCC
Oh, child, nevermind, bless your innocence.

Back