NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm a little underwhelmed by the ultimate figures too. I was really looking forward to JH, but really comparing him to the AvP preds, its seems like he's lacking. sure he gets an extra head and hands and stuff, but compare him to my most favorite Pred they have made yet, Ancient Predator. Ancient is a much more accurate size, still has more articulation in the lower body and comes with a large number of accessories (that can also be swapped out with other AvP style gear) and he's just regular price.

I wish they would have enlarged the sculpts. And I greatly prefer the open mouth unmasked head over closed mouth.

They seem to think they're in scale so that was never going to happen unfortunately

Up until the AvP preds I would have agreed with them, but seeing the AvP's on my shelf next to the Xenos and Dutch/Marines, the AvP Preds just look so much more better and imposing.

I'm digging the ultimate P1 but not the P2 as much. Not really impressed with the paint apps on the ultimate P2.

Up until the AvP preds I would have agreed with them, but seeing the AvP's on my shelf next to the Xenos and Dutch/Marines, the AvP Preds just look so much more better and imposing.

Those figures brought into greater clarity a problem that was always there. I don't know why NECA can't look at their P1 standing next to Dutch and not immediately see that the Predator is too small. If the Dutch figure is 6 foot Arnie then there's just no way the current Predator figure equals 7 foot 2 Kevin Peter Hall wearing a suit that makes him even taller again.

And we know it's nothing to do with keeping the figures at a certain pricepoint because then they would have underscaled the AvPs aswell.

I'm digging the ultimate P1 but not the P2 as much. Not really impressed with the paint apps on the ultimate P2.

But hey at least it provides a reasonable expectation for the paintjob we'll get in hand

That Ultimate P2 looks like ass. P1 is nice enough, but I doubt the final will look the same. Unless that is the final?

Tell me how it's out of scale again? image.jpeg

Actually, looking at the pic, the figure is a little taller than it should be. Arnold's hair ends at the middle of the visor, and in the figure, Arnold's hair ends below the visor.

Judging from that single pic.

They definitely should not be as tall as the AVP ones. Now I don't care about AVP, so I don't know if they're in the correct scale, but P1 and P2 sure are.

Actually, looking at the pic, the figure is a little taller than it should be.

Judging from that single pic.

A famous quote of John McEnroe comes to mind when I read what you've just said.

How 'bout this

predator.jpg

I rest my case with that one^ if y'all don't see it there I don't know what else to say.

From this pic it looks like the top of Arnold's head should be right at the bottom of the mask:

Arnold is self-reported as being 6' 2", but estimates have him at being between 5' 11" to 6'. Here's an image of other crew members around KPH in the suit:

The tallest guys only hit his chin. Unless they are shorter than 6'...

Here's a pic of a custom AvP body I'm working on next to a Colonial Marine (which is pretty much the same height as Dutch):

it's easy to count: Dutch is 180 cm of Schwarzenegger and Predator 1 is 220 cm of Kevin Peter Hall + about 10 cm for the suit (Predator 2 had a higher crown to match higher Harrigan).
so 230 cm - 180 cm = 50 cm.
now you can just divide it by Neca's scale, which i don't know, and compare actual figures.

it's also easy to measure visually:

inside-the-movie heights:

toyheight_01_zps5g4lzwyw.jpg~original

now both figures have same angle between legs, so let's say they have the same pose => height difference will be the same.
Dutch #1 is original size from the photo. Dutch #2 is a 95% reduced photo (90% was too much). Dutch #2 fits the movie comparison.

toyheight_02_zpsp06uzrfq.jpg~original

BUT!

if Neca predator had proper proportions, they would be in perfect scale. because proper proportions for a predator mean bigger (and longer) upper body :)

movie-neca-compared.jpg~original

so you're all correct - scale is OK but height difference isn't.

sh_happens_zpsqogmng6p.jpg~original

Worth noting that in the image of the costume, the camera is in an elevated position while in the image of the NECA figure, we are looking up at the figure. Not saying there may not be a difference, but that isn't the best comparison to make. Some subtle foreshortening is happening in both of those pictures, in different directions.

Back