NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys figures cost about 200 bucks now,

NECA's only costs about 80 bucks.

So....

So.... NECA should add real fabric netting and up the price to $100, and it would still be $100 less than HT's. :huh

Twenty dollars is probably even pushing it, could probably just add $10-$15.

They might add that much to the price anyway - for no improvements whatsoever - just because, prices always go up.
I can see that, but not without any improvements. The P1 1/5-1/4 hasn't even been out for a year..just seems a bit too soon.

Then again, the 2 pack was $10 extra this year, right?

Neca needs to be careful with there price raising though. A company like hot toys can get away with alot more in that department b/c their customers are already used to paying outrageous prices for a predator figure. I def. noticed the $10 extra added to that 2 pack and it was enough to make me lose interest. Iv'e also been to the same store that I usually see the Neca preds at and they have had alot of those 2-packs piling up. Usually the preds fly off the shelf. I've got like 9 different hot toy preds so it should be fairly obvious that I'm not shy about throwing down some cash for my predator fetish, and usually I'm always willing to shell out a for the neca preds. I like the neca preds in there own right, but if they are going to start charging extra for there smaller pred figures I'm going to have to see alot of improvements like maybe final products that actually look like the proto types. I really hope they continue with there 1/4th scale preds. You really do get your money's worth with those figures IMO.

NECA's 7" stuff has increased in price over the years. Same goes with McFarlane. I remember the days when Todd wouldn't ask more than $10 per figure. Fast-forward to 2011 and everyone's calling NECA "$15 figures" even though quite a few comic book shops and toy stores charge $17-$20.

Neca needs to be careful with there price raising though. A company like hot toys can get away with alot more in that department b/c their customers are already used to paying outrageous prices for a predator figure. I def. noticed the $10 extra added to that 2 pack and it was enough to make me lose interest. Iv'e also been to the same store that I usually see the Neca preds at and they have had alot of those 2-packs piling up. Usually the preds fly off the shelf. I've got like 9 different hot toy preds so it should be fairly obvious that I'm not shy about throwing down some cash for my predator fetish, and usually I'm always willing to shell out a for the neca preds. I like the neca preds in there own right, but if they are going to start charging extra for there smaller pred figures I'm going to have to see alot of improvements like maybe final products that actually look like the proto types. I really hope they continue with there 1/4th scale preds. You really do get your money's worth with those figures IMO.
Good point!

I paid around the $25 mark for the Classic and Wolf Predators and when Predator 2 figures were released, City Hunter Unmasked was $32 and $62 for the 2 pack, AUS $.

1 example: Paint jobs will have to become more accurate (as we all mentioned with these figures with the skin and netting) hiking up the price is gonna put people off.

Last edited:
NECA just tweeted: "a 25th Anniversary series. Jungle Hunter w/ p2 articulation & more, details later in year"

Not bad.
I hope they make Accesorryes una Humans like Dutch.
On P2 a Problem is the Articulation on the Knees.
I dont think is possible a good looking P2 artikulation on a P1.
On p2 the Knee Armour looks good to the Articulation.

Ball Joints on the Crotch are interessing.
But for this, naje make a seperate Rubber Linloth like the Wulf and not a sculpted like P1.

Is a revisted P1 in 1/4 possible(new Netting, P2 articulation, better paint) ?

When comes the P2 in 1/4 ?

And a new masked.
With the news Articulation, there were bigger.

I hope Neca make an new Elder, without the Quality Problems, better paimt and more mivie acurate.
The close Mouth of the Borg looks better then the Mouth of the Elder.
In the Movie the Mouth of Elder were closed.

Not bad.
I hope they make Accesorryes una Humans like Dutch.
On P2 a Problem is the Articulation on the Knees.
I dont think is possible a good looking P2 artikulation on a P1.
On p2 the Knee Armour looks good to the Articulation.

Ball Joints on the Crotch are interessing.
But for this, naje make a seperate Rubber Linloth like the Wulf and not a sculpted like P1.

Is a revisted P1 in 1/4 possible(new Netting, P2 articulation, better paint) ?

When comes the P2 in 1/4 ?

I hope so... If Neca really wants to take a dump in hot toys front lawn (and I think they do). They need to apply the new P2 articulation to the 1/4 predator. I loved the 1/4 predator alot, I mean what predator fan wouldn't with it being the largest predator action figure ever assembled. Ultimately though I hated the articulation, and I lost interest fast and ended up selling it.

Back