NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Toy Fair pictures look awesome, but alas... they're prototypes. I will say that the production Stalker and Snake figs look good from what I can tell.
Here's something I've noticed though: what is it with these pukish palletes they're using? Take a look at the base yellow color on Snake. It's so paint-ish. Looks like something I'd coat a house with. Not sure if anyone understands what I'm trying to say, but the previous Boar figure has the same issue (so does Shaman, technically). The colors themselves simply look ugly on the figures, sloppiness aside.

NECA-Boar-Predator_1319801389.jpg

It's almost like they didn't put any effort into even choosing and mixing the proper tones. The armor's been fantastic, which makes the skin quality stand out that much more.

Boar paint on the body is a little ugly but I quite like the colour of Snake.

Snake is okay. That nasty yellow shows up a little, but there's enough minor blending to make it work. Guardian seems solid too.
Brother Boar (or Stalker) has by far the best colors. Not a complex paint job, but the tones are very vivid and pleasing to the eye.

Meh... not exactly. The paint apps are fairly clean, but they're not aligned on the sculpt at all -- plus you have some weird run-on lines and things like that. Just looks odd.
They're still much better than the previous releases though.

There are some small areas of the netting on my unmasked P2 that aren't fully painted in, but I can't see them unless i'm inspecting him.

Only issue I have is the fact that they, as you said, aren't aligned...but I can't see them making the same mistake on a 1/5 - 1/4 version.

I would still pay an extra $20 or so for real fabric netting.

Only issue I have is the fact that they, as you said, aren't aligned...but I can't see them making the same mistake on a 1/5 - 1/4 version.

I would still pay an extra $20 or so for real fabric netting.

My thoughts exactly. Doubt I'll be buying any 1/4 figures from NECA, but it'll be interesting to see how P2's paint apps and netting are handled.

Snake is okay. That nasty yellow shows up a little, but there's enough minor blending to make it work. Guardian seems solid too.
Brother Boar (or Stalker) has by far the best colors. Not a complex paint job, but the tones are very vivid and pleasing to the eye.

Yeah "Stalker" seems the best from the new ones for colours.

I might actually get 1/4 P2 as a HT 1/4 P2 wont be out for ages and will be very expensive. So I doubt I will get any 1/4 HT figures. Unless of course I get a really really good paying job! :lol

Real netting or bust. It's what makes the 18 inch look classier.

You do realize that the Predator's netting in the film was frayed, and torn in various places...right? I have never had an issue with it.

Real netting or bust. It's what makes the 18 inch look classier.

You do realize that the Predator's netting in the film was frayed, and torn in various places...right? I have never had an issue with it.

yes that's true it was torn in the movie.
, but the chicken wire shape of it and the cheapness of the vinyl they used is what bugged me about neca's p1.
they need to use same netting as ht.

I gave up on the 8 inch Preds after my Elder broke. I can't justify spending £17 on a figure that breaks. Maybe one day NECA will go back and reissue the Lost line with better paint apps and improved QC.

I paid £13 each for my Berserker and Shaman from NECA.
Deffo want Snake though.

I gave up on the 8 inch Preds after my Elder broke. I can't justify spending £17 on a figure that breaks. Maybe one day NECA will go back and reissue the Lost line with better paint apps and improved QC.
i have pretty much sold my whole collection, or am still selling what's left, and i'm starting over , and decided no more small figures, only 1/6 , maybe a few 1/4's, i started my new collection with ht classic predator and ht t-1000, waiting for ht p2 next.
but would add a neca alien queen to my collection if they ever do one.

Don't know if it makes a difference to you, but since the release of the extra articulation versions the QC as far as breakage goes has been much improved. My Elders arm broke as well, but I have yet to have an issue with the newer releases (knock on wood.)

Don't know if it makes a difference to you, but since the release of the extra articulation versions the QC as far as breakage goes has been much improved. My Elders arm broke as well, but I have yet to have an issue with the newer releases (knock on wood.)

Do you mean from the Predators series onwards?

yes that's true it was torn in the movie.
, but the chicken wire shape of it and the cheapness of the vinyl they used is what bugged me about neca's p1.
they need to use same netting as ht.

Hot Toys figures cost about 200 bucks now,

NECA's only costs about 80 bucks.

So....

The whole paint job on the masked P2 pissed me off so I passed on him too.:mad: That set's like £30 over here and £30 just so I could get that, no thanks. I was really looking forward to him aswell.

Back