NECA: An American Werewolf In London: Kesslerwolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I have that one covered as well. Got this from Spirit Store a couple years ago. Not bad for $30 - it's wood (sort of, I believe it's pressboard) and it's like 20" across. The only negative is that it has the F13 logo on it, which really isn't a big deal to me.

View attachment 510913

Here's something else that's a bit of a horror icon in it's own right.

View attachment 510914

I?m drawing a blank :gah:

Yup, I have that one covered as well. Got this from Spirit Store a couple years ago. Not bad for $30 - it's wood (sort of, I believe it's pressboard) and it's like 20" across. The only negative is that it has the F13 logo on it, which really isn't a big deal to me.

View attachment 510913

Here's something else that's a bit of a horror icon in it's own right.

View attachment 510914

I actually got it on Etsy from a store called FootStepsinthePast. It was $80.00 shipped.

Is that the carpet from The Shining?

Just watched the movie for the first time in forever, still enjoyed it. I was trying to think of other releases they could do and they'd all basically Jack and David variants. Has their been other merch for either of those actors?

I?m drawing a blank :gah:

Is that the carpet from The Shining?

kubrick-the-shining-7.gif

Just watched the movie for the first time in forever, still enjoyed it. I was trying to think of other releases they could do and they'd all basically Jack and David variants. Has their been other merch for either of those actors?

No, it’s rights issue. Neca just recently tried with their toony terrors line and even in cartoon form couldn’t get around the likeness issue. Almost prevented them from releasing the twins but they figured they were cool enough to release on their own.

No, Jack and David have never been made as figures in any form though SOTA Toys and later, Pop Culture Shock showed off 7” and 1/6 figures of the pair that never ended up getting made, the then owner of PCS claiming that 1/6 scale figures were declining in sales and he didn’t think there would be enough interest.

I think duke meant AWIL lol

Yes lol

No, Jack and David have never been made as figures in any form though SOTA Toys and later, Pop Culture Shock showed off 7” and 1/6 figures of the pair that never ended up getting made, the then owner of PCS claiming that 1/6 scale figures were declining in sales and he didn’t think there would be enough interest.

Well I hope NECA was able to work something out for them. I think two packs would work well. One hiking set, then at least one of the variations of decomposing Jack and another David.

No, Jack and David have never been made as figures in any form though SOTA Toys and later, Pop Culture Shock showed off 7? and 1/6 figures of the pair that never ended up getting made, the then owner of PCS claiming that 1/6 scale figures were declining in sales and he didn?t think there would be enough interest.

Yeah what a twat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, Jack and David have never been made as figures in any form though SOTA Toys and later, Pop Culture Shock showed off 7? and 1/6 figures of the pair that never ended up getting made, the then owner of PCS claiming that 1/6 scale figures were declining in sales and he didn?t think there would be enough interest.
I think if Jerry had started with these and that MacReady I think the outcome would have been a lot different. Instead they started with Sons of Anarchy and imo I dont think the majority of that fan base collect 1:6 dolls. Just my speculation [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think if Jerry had started with these and that MacReady I think the outcome would have been a lot different. Instead they started with Sons of Anarchy and imo I dont think the majority of that fan base collect 1:6 dolls. Just my speculation [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Exactly. Guys has no business sense at all.....

There are several lines right now that would be instant wins for the majority of collectors that are not getting made. Mostly I think it?s due to the expense of the license versus the profitability of the figure.

HOWEVER.

Both AWIL and The Thing lines would likely not be in that category, they would sell very very well and you could easily. These could be a line as well, with multiple figures that would sell.

Normal Jack and David
Zombie Jack
Kessler wolf
Demons
Mid transformation David are all possibilities.

Same for the Thing.

Mcready
Blair thing
Norris thing
Hell any incarnation of the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've been able to gather, it seems HT's stranglehold on 1/6 factories and production has been brutal for smaller companies. Add to that the difficulties of operating from outside of China with less than top tier franchises and you quickly run into trouble making a 1/6 project take off.
I think a lot of subpar releases by smaller companies are due to HT pressuring factories with their leverage.

Neca just posted an updated shot
730c5531744f26f01aeeb8c4ab22a799.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Neca just posted an updated shot
730c5531744f26f01aeeb8c4ab22a799.jpg

Oh jeez-o, this looks terrific!

Hell yeah, looks great. Odd pose though, looks like he?s crawling up a wall.

Yeah I thought so as well, but I recall the wolf being very low to the ground in a good portion of its scenes. Then again it wasn't shown all too much, as IIRC Landis didn't intend for the wolf having much screen time.

Ruined? Wtf man, you know this thing is articulated, right? It's not gonna be stuck in that position.

Back