NECA: An American Werewolf In London: Kesslerwolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolf goes up for pre-order tonight!
b3d6bf3cd1260be814d310e9b6db2673.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks, got him locked in.

Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah just got my two. It’s a relief to finally have this on PO and know it’s going to be released unlike a certain other company’s track record with this license. Hopefully we’ll see some more AWIL merch from other companies celebrating its 40th anniversary.

Yeah I think I'll order this. Genuinely scary looking beast. I have a 'fond' memory of seeing this film for the first time at the end of a house party when I was 18 or so - and I think I walked home that night. :panic:

Yeah I think I'll order this. Genuinely scary looking beast. I have a 'fond' memory of seeing this film for the first time at the end of a house party when I was 18 or so - and I think I walked home that night. :panic:

I have no idea how you were brave enough to do that after what may be the most brutal animal attack scene ever put in film.....

I have no idea how you were brave enough to do that after what may be the most brutal animal attack scene ever put in film.....

The opening attack scene still 'scares' me to this day. Saw this film as a kid (probably shouldn't have) and it's stayed with me ever since.

Also, the first time we see the wolf at the bottom of the escalator is a great example of less is more - terrifying!

As far as sheer shock and terror experienced, AWIL was and still is number one. I also saw this at a young age, and those shocks still say with me. There are only a few other films that affected me that way.

1. AWIL Attack Scene
2. AWIL Dream in a dream stabbing.
3. Jaws Chrissys death.
4. Exorcist stabbing scene
5.The Shining bath tub scene.
6. Heredity Road Side scene
7. Hellraiser First murder
8. Evil Dead pretty much the whole thing
9. Dawn of the Dead Opening Raid
10. AWIL shower scene....that had a lasting effect as well.....

I too have fond memories of seeing this at a young age. My Mom and her best friend owned a VHS rental store in the early/mid 80s and as a young child...I would be I the store watching movies and looking at all the VHS cover arts. AWIL has stuck with me my whole life. Might be one of the reasons I fell in love with horror and special effects was from that transformation scene. And it's still the greatest today. I was gutted when Pop Culture Shock canceled their figures. So I had to make my own 1:6 Kessler Wolf.

I'm just so glad NECAs FINALLY making figures from this film! I plan to buy them all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805-225342_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-225342_Instagram.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 67
I too have fond memories of seeing this at a young age. My Mom and her best friend owned a VHS rental store in the early/mid 80s and as a young child...I would be I the store watching movies and looking at all the VHS cover arts. AWIL has stuck with me my whole life. Might be one of the reasons I fell in love with horror and special effects was from that transformation scene. And it's still the greatest today. I was gutted when Pop Culture Shock canceled their figures. So I had to make my own 1:6 Kessler Wolf.

I'm just so glad NECAs FINALLY making figures from this film! I plan to buy them all.
Awesome set up!

Love the London Underground diorama - very talented. :bow

Back