NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are about as accurate as each other when you consider all things.

Why hate on one and not the other when accuracy is the reason for all the hate.

I like the NECA, I like the Hot toys, but one isn't really better than the other in the accuracy stakes.

I vote we ignore Butt-ers, he's not bringing anything even remotely constructive to the discussion.

Just trying to stop the hate and bring some reality into the subject of 'accuracy'.

You can ignore me if you like, I won't be offended.

They are about as accurate as each other when you consider all things.

Why hate on one and not the other when accuracy is the reason for all the hate.

I like the NECA, I like the Hot toys, but one isn't really better than the other in the accuracy stakes.
But this just isn't true.

Don't know what else to tell you.

Butters stop posting back to back stop acting like Butters. I agree to a point. l hate Neca, they make cheap figures for a cheap price, l like the high end stuff. They made a good pred. l bought one, but became very bored with it very fast. It is more accurate then Hot Toys. l just hate the stupid scale issues and very cheap rubber armour.

Butters stop posting back to back stop acting like Butters. I agree to a point. l hate Neca, they make cheap figures for a cheap price, l like the high end stuff. They made a good pred. l bought one, but became very bored with it very fast. It is more accurate then Hot Toys. l just hate the stupid scale issues and very cheap rubber armour.

NECA makes some very cool stuff. I love the Bioshock figures for exsample. Their QC lets them down at time, but even then you can write that off for the price you're paying.

But this just isn't true.

Don't know what else to tell you.

The comparison and original suit photo speak for themselves.

Just compare the extra detail Tankman added to the top of the blade gauntlet as on example of the artistic license he took with the figures.

That different shapes and details of the armor, etc.

The mask, the anatomy of the body, etc.

the differences are as plain as the nose on your face.

Grab you figures and compare them section by section to the original photo Reaktwon posted and inaccuracies become instantly apparent.

You can come to no other conclusion about the liberties taken with Tankman's sculp.

I still wouln'd have any problems recomending them to any Predator fans, though.

They are must haves and I'm glad I own them.

p111-3.jpg

p111.jpg

Stop putting up comparison pics of the suit, and start putting some up of the HT figure.

NECA's is closer to the screen used prop in every way.

You can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink. :dunno

I never said Hot toys was more accurate, but when you consider all things, it's about the same as Tankman's in the accuracy stakes.

I'm not hating on either.

I happily own them all, and would never sell or trade them. :dunno

The comparison and original suit photo speak for themselves.

Just compare the extra detail Tankman added to the top of the blade gauntlet as on example of the artistic license he took with the figures.

That different shapes and details of the armor, etc.

The mask, the anatomy of the body, etc.

the differences are as plain as the nose on your face.

Grab you figures and compare them section by section to the original photo Reaktwon posted and inaccuracies become instantly apparent.

You can come to no other conclusion about the liberties taken with Tankman's sculp.

I still wouln'd have any problems recomending them to any Predator fans, though.

They are must haves and I'm glad I own them.

p111-3.jpg

p111.jpg

you don't actually realize that is a human being in a body suit made for a Hollywood movie vs a cheap plastic 18 inch "toy"?
and it is still extremely accurate

you sound really silly...:slap

Excellent pics darylox. Well done.

Do NOT believe for one second this "darylox" took that pic of the Predator in the rain.

It is mine and he took it from my twitpic page: https://twitpic.com/5070d6

My wife and I took that pic at Bridal Veil Falls in Provo, Utah on May 20, 2011.

The pic was submitted to Randy from NECA for a contest. I named this pic "The Hunter".

Just making sure everyone knows who really took that pic.

Dam I thought the Predator was real:rotfl

So did Silly Billy Butters by the sound of it:slap :lol

Butters clearly can't figure out that similar objects at differing angles can look differently proportioned... It shouldn't take that much abstract thought to see how they do have pretty much all the same proportions.

as mentioned by macularius, as close of a pic as that is there pose on the figure isnt exactly the same as the real photo. So again your looking at things at different angles so just stop with all the circling and whats right and whats wrong....im not sure how much more of this thread I can handle, lol.

Back