NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 1/4 Predator by Hot Toys! Of course everyone would be all over this, regardless of price or accuracy. Hot Toys just wants to dominate every market. NECA should have got in there first with a higher end 1/4 Predator.
i think NECA has demonstrated pretty consistently that they're comfortable right where they are as the replacement for McFarlane and they're not gonna rock that boat.

With HT new 1/4 thing going on, I wonder if they'll make a 1/4 Pred, I'd love to see it but one thing for sure is it'll be hell of a lot more than Neca's :) would anyone be tempted if HT made this? I'm still waiting on Neca to announce the P2 :pray:

HT knows there are four lines they will always sell pretty well - Terminator, Iron Man, Batman, and Predator.

I anticipate a 1/4 Predator...

yup, that's what I expect as well

I think you can expect HT to eventually release a 1/4 Predator, but don't expect it to posses the likeness of the NECA 19" Predator, and you can expect the Hot Toys Figure to be an easy 4 - 5 times the price as Tankman's NECA sculpt.

Last edited:
i think NECA has demonstrated pretty consistently that they're comfortable right where they are as the replacement for McFarlane and they're not gonna rock that boat.

True.:lecture

I think you can expect HT to eventually release a 1/4 Predator, but don't expect it to posses the likeness of the NECA 19" Predator, and you can expect the Hot Toys Figure to be an easy 4 - 5 times the price as Tankman's NECA sculpt.

I think it's safe to say that if your a fan of Hot Toys Predator figures you have to look beyond the likeness issues (although we still have a good rant about it :lol). Regardless of price or accuracy, a fully poseable 1/4 Predator with accessories would be too good to turn down.:D

prolly, I could have one repainted for what a HT version would go for.

True.:lecture

I think it's safe to say that if your a fan of Hot Toys Predator figures you have to look beyond the likeness issues (although we still have a good rant about it :lol). Regardless of price or accuracy, a fully poseable 1/4 Predator with accessories would be too good to turn down.:D

If HT made one true to 1/4 scale, I might consider it, but it would have to be a lot more accurate then some of the stuff they have put out in 1/6 with Preds.

Yeah, Hot Toys can put out all the 1:4 Preds they want...but if they don't have more accurate sculpts, and the price shoots up as much as I think it will...they're not going to corner this market at all.

It's going to be very interesting watching this play out.

it seems like all HT has to do to fix the accuracy issues is take Tsang off the pred/alien sculpts. it's not like he's the only sculptor who works there.

it seems like all HT has to do to fix the accuracy issues is take Tsang off the pred/alien sculpts. it's not like he's the only sculptor who works there.

The Predator is a very tricky creature to sculpt. There are many aspects to it's facial structure, and it's incredibly rare to see an accurate from all angles. That's what made this NECA figure so great.

BTW the actual size of 1/4 Predator is around 24" (like SS maquette). NECA 1/4 is actually 19" Predator figure. NOT 1/4.
SS was trying to sell Wolf PF and named it LSF. So don't expect HT's one to be anything less than 500$, if they're really going to do it.

Last edited:
Yeah, Hot Toys can put out all the 1:4 Preds they want...but if they don't have more accurate sculpts, and the price shoots up as much as I think it will...they're not going to corner this market at all.

It's going to be very interesting watching this play out.

Can anyone really see Hot Toys putting out a accurately sculpted Predator...ever? The latest Predator figures had a new body and all but they still chose to hold back on the accurate sculpts and went with how Tsang thinks a Predator should look.

If Hot Toys does decide to make a 1/4 Predator, I would think they would improve on everything that's wrong with NECA's interpretation - but, I would hate to see the price tag on it, though. </3

p111-3.jpg

Can anyone really see Hot Toys putting out a accurately sculpted Predator...ever? The latest Predator figures had a new body and all but they still chose to hold back on the accurate sculpts and went with how Tsang thinks a Predator should look.

indeeed i never bought a P1 pred from hot toys as it looks like crap

The Predator is a very tricky creature to sculpt. There are many aspects to it's facial structure, and it's incredibly rare to see an accurate from all angles. That's what made this NECA figure so great.
well who did the P2 Elder head sculpt? i'm pretty sure it wasn't Tsang and whoever it was just about nailed it. let's bring that guy back.

Yeah sculpt or not I look at the fact they charge a good $200 + for a 12" action figure...at 1/4 scale...what others said I dont even want to see that price tag. Sure some would buy it, but as long as NECA made a comparable figure in size and sculpt keeping it under a $100 they would end up holding a majority of the market. Only people who would be buying that HT 1/4 scale would be the hardcores and even on that note people with enough money to drop on it.

I think the average toy buyer isnt going to drop that kind of money when there looking at a perfectly good predator figure for less than $100. The average person isnt going to cry about sculpts or paint apps or a few inches missing, they'll be happy they got a good representation of a predator figure again for way way way less than what HT would produce.

If Hot Toys does decide to make a 1/4 Predator, I would think they would improve on everything that's wrong with NECA's interpretation - but, I would hate to see the price tag on it, though. </3

p111-3.jpg

The actual NECA predator doesn't have all those yellow circles and ovals all over it - I'm sure a 1/4 Hot Toys one wouldn't either. :D

Yeah sculpt or not I look at the fact they charge a good $200 + for a 12" action figure...at 1/4 scale...what others said I dont even want to see that price tag. Sure some would buy it, but as long as NECA made a comparable figure in size and sculpt keeping it under a $100 they would end up holding a majority of the market. Only people who would be buying that HT 1/4 scale would be the hardcores and even on that note people with enough money to drop on it.

I think the average toy buyer isnt going to drop that kind of money when there looking at a perfectly good predator figure for less than $100. The average person isnt going to cry about sculpts or paint apps or a few inches missing, they'll be happy they got a good representation of a predator figure again for way way way less than what HT would produce.
well, that's the thing. i don't think HT has ever catered to casual/low-end collectors. their target demographic is people who have $200+ to blow on a 1/6 scale predator figure and i don't see the price of a 1/4 scale one being that big of an issue. when it comes to higher-end collectibles, you're in for a penny/in for a pound. just look at the prices collectors are still paying for the P2 Elder now. and that's like half the size what a 1/4 scale pred would be. and i can't think of one HT figure i've wanted where the retail price ever kept me from getting it. HT has pretty much cornered the market on high-end figure collecting already. making bigger/pricier figures isn't going to hurt them in the slightest.

Price won't be a problem if Hot Toys make a 1/4 Predator. People drop $200 easily on the 1/6 figures. If they want a 1/4 Predator, they'll buy it regardless.

Price won't be a problem if Hot Toys make a 1/4 Predator. People drop $200 easily on the 1/6 figures. If they want a 1/4 Predator, they'll buy it regardless.

:lecture

Some still think Hot Toys can do no wrong, so regardless of the Tsang-isms that will inevitably show up on whatever Predator sculpts they bring out next, they will be hoarded, cherished, or pimped out faster than Johannson nip pics.

well, that's the thing. i don't think HT has ever catered to casual/low-end collectors. their target demographic is people who have $200+ to blow on a 1/6 scale predator figure and i don't see the price of a 1/4 scale one being that big of an issue. when it comes to higher-end collectibles, you're in for a penny/in for a pound. just look at the prices collectors are still paying for the P2 Elder now. and that's like half the size what a 1/4 scale pred would be. and i can't think of one HT figure i've wanted where the retail price ever kept me from getting it. HT has pretty much cornered the market on high-end figure collecting already. making bigger/pricier figures isn't going to hurt them in the slightest.

After thinking about it your right man, they dont cater to the average "toy" buyer with those prices thats high end collecting for sure. You got me on that one, I cant argue that. :dunno

being in this business of collecting figures is becoming harder and harder day by day...

Back