Name a role an actor was born to play

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad Pitt as Achilles? :horror He had like 3 different accents in that movie ............. he may have looked the role but did a lousy job with his basic dialogue imo.

article-0-08E433DD000005DC-426_468x296.jpg

zachary-quinto-spock_l.jpg

SnakeDoc

Brad Pitt as Achilles? :horror He had like 3 different accents in that movie ............. he may have looked the role but did a lousy job with his basic dialogue imo.

He had the look,arrogance and fight moves.
What accent was a mythical personage supposed to have anyway?
Wasnt a deal breaker for me and film is primarily a visual medium in any case.

He had the look,arrogance and fight moves.
What accent was a mythical personage supposed to have anyway?
Wasnt a deal breaker for me and film is primarily a visual medium in any case.

I never said what accent he was suppose to have but rather that he couldn't stick to one. It wasn't good but you're right, he did look the role. It wasn't a bad movie AT ALL, it just wasn't a role he was "born to play" imo. Tyler Durden? Hell yes.

Jessica Biel in that movie she got naked in (can't remember her character's name or what the movie was called but thats not important).
Liam Neeson as Darkman, Okar Schindler and Ras al Ghul
Christoph Waltz as Col. Hans Landa
Heath Ledger as The Joker
Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker and The Joker
Harrison Ford as Han Solo and Indiana Jones
Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates
Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Christopher Reeve as Superman
Arnold Schwarzeneggar in any movie he's in except Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin.
Natasha Henstridge as Sil and Eve or any other movie she gets naked in.
Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
Hugo Weaving as V
Scarlett Johansson in any movie she shows her cleavage in and any movie she may get naked in.
Betsy Palmer as Mrs. Voorhees
Clint Eastwood as Det. Harry Callahan
Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode
Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes (the scene when she's blown up is a piece of cinematic excellence)
Sigourney Weaver as Riply

Last edited:
Jack Nicholson/The Joker

www-joker03-plain.jpg

Danny Devito/The Penguin

1218081054_M_penguin_devito.jpg

Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry

clint-eastwood-dirty-harry.jpg

Paul Reubens/Pee Wee Herman

pee-wee-herman-wedding-rings-playhouse.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger/The Terminator

arnold-schwarzenegger-the-terminator.jpg

James Bond/Sean Connory

sean-connery-james-bond.jpg

Last edited:
Having recently watched Returns I have to agree that DeVito was born to be the Penguin, or at least Burton's vision of the Penguin.

I enjoyed Troy, but anyone could've played Achilles. Its not that Pitt was bad in the movie, but he didn't bring anything to the role that no one else could've brought.

Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter is another one I should've added to my list.

Having recently watched Returns I have to agree that DeVito was born to be the Penguin, or at least Burton's vision of the Penguin.

I enjoyed Troy, but anyone could've played Achilles. Its not that Pitt was bad in the movie, but he didn't bring anything to the role that no one else could've brought.

Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter is another one I should've added to my list.

Disagree.
Achilles needed to really stand out and be bigger than life.
Best looking,best physique,you always needed to look at him, either because of his armor,weapons,actions or dialog.
He was the rockstar of the Iliad and a literary/historical legend and given almost godlike invulnerability on the battlefield.

I dont think anyone else at the time that the movie was made couldve stepped up.
It wasnt simply enough to have a good looking guy in the roll as there are plenty of models out there.
Pitt brought his present day fame to the role which immediately was transferred to Achilles, Achilles needed to be famous.
Make sense?
It was all in the timing.
Pitt was at the height of his fame and looks as was Achilles in the Iliad.

Last edited:
varney01.jpg

Jim Varney. Ernest P. Worrell.

1280183653-mini_me.gif

Verne Troyer. Mini-me.

Larry-the-Cable-Guy.jpg

Daniel Whitney. Larry the Cable Guy.

SnakeDoc

Gerald Butler as Leonidas. Can't get any better than that. He looked just like the comic Leonidas.

Chloe Grace Moretz as Hit Girl in Kick Ass.

I thought I would hate the film and avoided watching it for as long as I could. Only watched it a couple of weeks ago because I had to withy someone else. In my opinion she was the star of the film.

B. Obama has been acting like a president. Sadly, its been a role he's performed poorly at.

Back