Movies to get even MORE changes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they only have Han shoot this time. That would be a gret enhancment! :monkey5

Why fix something that isn't broken???:confused:

I can understand a few changes like adding in the CGI Yoda in Episode 1 or adding in deleted scenes that were cut years ago and adding them in the film ala LOTR Extened Versions but adding in all new filmed scenes is just stupid.

Last edited:
I hope he tinkers with the PT a bit. The CGI Yoda for Ep I is a great start. I hope he adds Yoda's Dagobah trip in RotS back in too. I for one don't really mind him messing around with the OT anymore. We have the originals on DVD now and if you don't want to see the new stuff, then don't. George is just trying to smooth everything out now and tie things together better. Sure, not all of his ideas are great, but for the most part they are. Remember he knew what he wanted when he made ANH, he just didn't have the technology available at the time.

We all knew a 6 film box set was coming eventually. Of course he had to change them all a bit and add a bunch of extras for us to buy them AGAIN (which is getting pretty stupid). I'm waiting for yearly updates now :rolleyes:

Han should be the only one shooting though. There is NO way Greedo can miss being that close. :rolleyes:

I would love to get the Biggs/Toshi Station scenes as well as many of the rumored deleted scenes (wampa attack subplot in ESB and the sandstorm scene in ROTJ) re-mastered and included in a DVD box set... just not added to the film's running time but included in the deleted scenes link in the bonus feature section.

I need to find just where the Episode I CG Yoda is. I know it's on the DVD but can't remember where.

I really hope they make that change. It will definitely improve the continuity of the films.

IrishJedi said:
The only truly surprising thing here is that this is even news. Many of us have known about this for years (though LFL won't make it official until they're ready, which is their standard M.O.)

Very true, Irish. I've been hearing whispers about this ever since Celebration III so the fact that it's imminent isn't surprising at all. I'm pretty sure there will be a big announcement about this at C4(unless the info leaks out early).

For the longest time I have felt like he should just remake the OT and leave the original versions alone. This way they could be in sync with the Prequel Trilogy and all the hardcore people would still be happy as they would have the original versions they grew up with.

I'll probably buy this. I love seeing anything new and seeing what's been changed. As for the Special editions, i probably like about 80% of what they did (NOT greedo shooting first)

BUT...... what annoys me is when they dont get colours right, make lightsabers look pink etc. At least make things look consistent.

I'd check it out. The originals are already on DVDso the purists can be happy. I would buy these to check the out and if I didn't like them I'd just stick with the current SE's.

It's a renter. I have the uncut DVD's and never need to buy another DVD of the saga now, but I do like seeing the junk they flip in it so I'll rent it just to watch, laugh, cry and scream.:emperor

I remember at Celebration 2 during a Q&A with Rick McCallum he was commenting on the OT changes, and said he believes someday when he is 80 years old he will get a call from one of George's daughters saying dad has a few more changes he would like to make.

KitFisto said:
I'd check it out. The originals are already on DVDso the purists can be happy. I would buy these to check the out and if I didn't like them I'd just stick with the current SE's.

Me too. I'd watch them but I'll reserve judgement until I see the actual changes.

Darth Loki said:
Me too. I'd watch them but I'll reserve judgement until I see the actual changes.

Agreed. I will always get excited to see what'schanged or what's been added in, but I won't say it's great or sucks until I see it. I have never been a purist on these so I am up for it and excited to see what's new.

Bannister said:
For the longest time I have felt like he should just remake the OT and leave the original versions alone. This way they could be in sync with the Prequel Trilogy and all the hardcore people would still be happy as they would have the original versions they grew up with.

I agree.

At least we've got the unaltered OT on DVD.

IrishJedi said:
Personally, I think the duel between Vader and Obi-Wan in ANH could use a lot of work now.

While I agree, that scares me. How much could they really add to or change that scene w/o making it seem very hokey.

Sure. But the way I see it, we will always have the unaltered Classic films... so the more he can do to make the existing six films work more seemlessly together, the better.

Look, I'm a purist too... but watching the duels in the PT and then watching the one at the end of ANH is just painful. There is just no way that is the same Obi-Wan.

And Lucas can't use the "Yeah, but he's old" excuse, either... 'cause look at Dooku and Palpatine flipping all over the place in the PT.

So, there are essentially TWO Star Wars sagas now. The unaltered Classic trilogy... and then the PT with the tweaked OT. And the latter still needs some work, no matter how much it might bother some folks.

Back