Movies to get even MORE changes!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmanaMatt said:
Dude, Lucas will never be done with Star Wars.....

That's the trademark of being an artist, you're never fully happy with your work and you always feel there's room to do more, and Lucas is in a rare position where he is able to continue to make the work of art he wants his vision to be, unlike paintings and things that don't easily change once you've been done with them for a while.

Well, I actually don't want to see new scenes added to ANH -- just to keep that story focused. We know what the Senate is now, and it's almost even sadder to have its dissolution confined to Tarkin's offhand remark.

But I would like it very much if someone at ILM went and redid all the lightsaber shots so they look as they ought to, and if another someone replaced all the computer readouts and displays so they look like... they ought to. And while we're at it, why not bring the 1997 SE CG up to today's standards? The redid Jabba in the 2004 DVD was a step in the right direction.

And, well, I can hope the entire sad "Alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival" addition gets scapped... or at least rescored.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what old George has been up to since the release of ROTS.

Revision is nothing new in the musical world. Beethoven, Liszt, Wagner were all notorious for revising their older compositions.

Besides you know what I want most:

A much more dramatic final confrontation between Vader and Old Ben. I am not talking about Sir Alec monkey jumping all around Vader but I would like a more dramatic conclusion to their relationship because, as it is now, it just falls flat after watching ROTS.

MaulFan said:
That's the trademark of being an artist, you're never fully happy with your work and you always feel there's room to do more, and Lucas is in a rare position where he is able to continue to make the work of art he wants his vision to be, unlike paintings and things that don't easily change once you've been done with them for a while.

I just wish his changes were for the better. For me about 90% are total crap.

I'm interested to read more for sure. I'm waiting for the six disc set to come out and thought it would come out this year but maybe not.

jlcmsu said:
I'm interested to read more for sure. I'm waiting for the six disc set to come out and thought it would come out this year but maybe not.

Just wait for CIV lil' buddy. ;)

pixletwin said:
Revision is nothing new in the musical world. Beethoven, Liszt, Wagner were all notorious for revising their older compositions.

Besides you know what I want most:

A much more dramatic final confrontation between Vader and Old Ben. I am not talking about Sir Alec monkey jumping all around Vader but I would like a more dramatic conclusion to their relationship because, as it is now, it just falls flat after watching ROTS.

Yup, I'd love to see what a pair of stunt doubles could do as Obi and Vader. Come to think of it, I'd love it if Hayden and Ewan got back together and did some stuff. Add some ILM magic... presto! New climactic duel between Old Ben and Vader.

I just thought of something.

I'd be fine with Yoda being CG for the OT. Just fine.

but

I'd be super-pissed if they CG Jabba in ROTJ. Weird.

Customikey said:

but

That is one change I too would not be pleased with. ROTJ Jabba, like JAWS' Bruce the Shark, was a more realistic and compelling character. I love ILM's talents and all, and I don't know how much was under GL direction, but the ANH Jabba has been horribly off from Jabba's look both times, only TPM Jabba really looked good for CG, but the ROTJ puppet should be considered the bar for any Jabba to be like and changing it to match the other versions or something of that nature would be a travesty.

You know, you would be amazed what they can do with quick cuts, CGI faces and body doubles. I could definatly see an extension of the ANH battle. Maybe with some climactic music or something added.

Customikey said:

but

Weird... I'd like CG all around. I'd REALLY like a re-edit of Jabba in ANH where Han DOESN'T step on his tail like he's in some Disney film.

You know after seeing what they could do with the Donner Cut of Superman II, I'd like a complete re-edit of the OT. I'm sorry but ANH was eidited in the 70's when audiences were just much more patient than they are today and there are some moments that just make me want to scream, Get on with it!

If anything I would like to see the movies extended and added to, not done for a quicker pace. But reediting could be interesting, for continuity sake.

I'm down for whatever.... SW is SW and the more scenes the merrier. It's not like we don't have the originals and the SE versions of the OT to go back to if we are not satisfied. Just like we still have the original cut of Superman II as well as the Donner cut. Just more to love. :D

Memnoch21 said:
You know, you would be amazed what they can do with quick cuts, CGI faces and body doubles. I could definatly see an extension of the ANH battle. Maybe with some climactic music or something added.

It occurs to me that Christopher Lee's body double was in more of ROTS than Lee was. Sad.

DarkArtist81 said:
I'm down for whatever.... SW is SW and the more scenes the merrier. It's not like we don't have the originals and the SE versions of the OT to go back to if we are not satisfied. Just like we still have the original cut of Superman II as well as the Donner cut. Just more to love. :D

Bingo! Well said! Bring on CG Everything!!!:emperor

Customikey said:
It occurs to me that Christopher Lee's body double was in more of ROTS than Lee was. Sad.

The sad thing is, even with that, Lee's fight in ROTS was better than his fight in AOTC.

Back