Most wanted "Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Hobbit:AUJ are you most looking forward to seeing/owning?

• Bilbo Baggins

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Gandalf

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Thorin Oakenshield

Votes: 47 38.8%
  • Azog the Defiler

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • The Great Goblin

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Gollum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwalin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Balin

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other Dwarf

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other Orc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lurtz was in The Fellowship of the Ring which is a sequel to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. He was far from a main character and yet Sideshow kicked off the premium format line with him.

Awesome line so far! So much news to process, I need some time to think!:rotfl

Lurtz was in The Fellowship of the Ring which is a sequel to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. He was far from a main character and yet Sideshow kicked off the premium format line with him.

The only thing is people had really been asking for Lurtz for a long time. He was originally supposed to be the statue that Ugluk ended up being. When the line ended we only got new born Lurtz. Like Faramir in the 1:6 line it was a thank you/nod to those of us who collected things during the SSW line.

I will say when this line kicks off I'd venture to guess it will either be Bilbo or Thorin.

The only thing is people had really been asking for Lurtz for a long time. He was originally supposed to be the statue that Ugluk ended up being. When the line ended we only got new born Lurtz. Like Faramir in the 1:6 line it was a thank you/nod to those of us who collected things during the SSW line.

Not really, cos that Lurtz and Faramir weren't statues :nana:

I'm surprised Sideshow done that Faramir line-killer. They obviously done it because we were all asking for a 1/6 scale Faramir, but poor Sideshow didn't seem to realize we meant in statue form not doll form! :lol

No, and i understand why they did it, but now they DO have the licence i had hoped they would get around to them. Maybe there will be a Lurtz, if those pre-production photos we saw are any indication, but i really can't see the maquette line going beyond a handful more statues.
I'd say Merry/Pippin, Lurtz, then i'd struggle to suggest anything. Saruman, prologue elven warrior maybe?

D'you know what i honestly think? That when Sideshow are done and dusted with LOTR and concentrate on what they love most which is Marvel, Disney, Star Wars etc, Weta will get the licence back when it's cheaper and continue to churn out LOTR and Hobbit statues until we're sick of them. It could be a cash cow for them for many years to come, as long as they don't price ordinary collectors out of the market! :lol

I think as long as they have the license its still possible they will make them. Until they no longer have it I won't worry about what didn't get made.

They're not done with The Lord of the Rings. Will they be someday? Sure, that day is not here yet though. I expect someday Weta will get a chance to make more 1:6 statues from The Lord of the Rings.

Back