Weta Workshop 2016 Black Friday Sale. Nov. 24th-Nov. 28th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a little odd that they are starting the Smaug bust at $389 when it is roughly $339 with the 15% off. Perhaps they are thinking some people will forget about that 15% off discount and grab it before it gets that low during the auction. Unless the $389 in the ad is a typo.

Maybe a typo.

I think going into these reverse auctions expecting at least 30% off is a good rule of thumb for scoring a good deal

Yah, that's what I'm hoping for. With some Weta$'s it'll just sweeten the deal. If I don't manage on the reverse auctions I'll just do the per item discount. I could pay less than half on the Balrog on it's own.

is anybody able to get the website to work, nothing is loading. Another disaster

edit: finally got in and weta wants $50 shipping for a 1/6 thorin oakeshield, what a joke. So much for blackfriday deals.

Last edited:
These dwarf prices are rolled back to year 2000 levels, essentially 100 per dwarf. The scope of this sale really screams of a warehouse cleansing.

Staring at Minas Tirth for 399 and still not able to pull the trigger.

is anybody able to get the website to work, nothing is loading. Another disaster

edit: finally got in and weta wants $50 shipping for a 1/6 thorin oakeshield, what a joke. So much for blackfriday deals.

Yeah, the shipping is ridiculous. I ordered 2 of the Hobbit Chronicles books. Apparently they ship separately for some reason. One was $21 to ship, the other $23. Thankfully I had Weta dollars to spend so I only payed $7 and it came out ever so slightly cheaper than buying them from a store here in Canada but it really wasn't much of a savings thanks to the shipping prices.

Can't get to checkout on the site. Every time I try clicking on my cart it just says loading... and then freezes up. I managed to get past that screen one time and get to where it shows my address and makes you click on the next button at the bottom of the screen, and the same thing happens. Just freezes.

EDIT: Ok, so I finally made it to the actual checkout screen (yes, shipping charges are a friggin joke), and I want to use Paypal, but there doesn't seem to be any way to apply my Weta dollars to my order if I use Paypal.

This whole process has been a bit frustrating to say the least.

I had problems with checkout as well. On both my tablet and phone I had to rotate the screen to get each new page of the checkout to show. As for Weta Dollars they are added on the last page of the check out so try that of you haven't already.

Purchased Minas Tirith at almost 40% off and some other small collectibles. Now I'm on the fence on Rivendell. Weta should do these reverse auctions more often.

I had problems with checkout as well. On both my tablet and phone I had to rotate the screen to get each new page of the checkout to show. As for Weta Dollars they are added on the last page of the check out so try that of you haven't already.

Using Paypal, there is never an option to add Weta dollars (that I can see). It just goes to the Paypal website where the only option is to pay the full amount due. Didn't matter though, because the entire process is borked at the moment. Clicking on pay (from the Paypal) site dumps me back to my shopping cart at the Weta website without completing the transaction. Doesn't give any error or declined payment or anything like that. Tried a couple times. Going to call it a night dealing with their messy website for now. Not worth the aggravation at the moment.

I spent a maddening and frustrating 45 minutes but in the end I was amply rewarded with four dwarves for $400 including the previously sold out Thorin Oakenshield. Throw in my $277 WETA dollars and I practically shoplifted them. Great sale!!!!!

Purchased Minas Tirith at almost 40% off and some other small collectibles. Now I'm on the fence on Rivendell. Weta should do these reverse auctions more often.

Congrats, I completely forgot about the auction so I missed out. Really wanted one too, oh well, hopefully they are still in stock next time they have a sale, 15% is not quite enough to jump.

I bought the golbert whatever gun today, shipping was over $90 sigh but the discount was good.

Also paid $170 shipping for 8x hobbits. They don't combine shipping and charge you individually.... I don't know another large company like weta who tries the make money off shipping from customers. So lame, I guess that's why they need those kind of discounts to move their statue.

how did you get it for that much?

30% discount and weta $'s. My plan was to build up more over time but the 30% put me right at where I wanted to be. Got another $33 weta $'s on that purchase too.

Congrats, I completely forgot about the auction so I missed out. Really wanted one too, oh well, hopefully they are still in stock next time they have a sale, 15% is not quite enough to jump.

I forgot too but I'm hoping they'll do another sale again. Open ed so it's a possibly, after Xmas maybe.

Back