1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always figured once people saw the finished product -- and what could be achieved -- the popularity of this figure would continue to rise. And I'm very happy to see that it is.

Looking forward to more people posting their work here.

Just sharing another great Mola Ram from FB, since I don't think he's a member on here, and we can never have enough Molas. :)

by Andrea Pagni
120411019_786446092168582_5723103674713990140_n.jpg

120485148_973221953192654_8076368562334180707_n.jpg

Great looking. Is that also Spenser's clothes? What FB group is that? I'm on so many but have seen that one yet.

Last edited:
Looks great! But I want to reach into the photo and flip that one tooth back over. :lol

Dave, I meant to ask, did you do the elbow wrap as well on your figure?

Used RIT Dye. Mixed water, Rit and about a tablespoon of acetone. Started with the left leg for a few minutes. Then the upper torso. I had to open the elbow and shoulder joints for the best application. You can see in the one pick the body I received was already darker that most. I can now wash the face to match.IMG_20201003_105624.jpgIMG_20201003_105655.jpgIMG_20201003_110114.jpg

Unusual that the JX is so dark in that first pic.

The elbow joints and wrist pegs look like that hard plastic didn't take the dye. Unfortunate, as those are impossible to paint without rubbing off. Was really hoping the dye would stain more evenly to solve that.

Anyway, thankfully Mola wears those wrist and elbow wraps that will cover it.

What are you going to do to get the face to match?

Yeah,not to worried about the elbow and wrist as the elbows are bent/covered and the wrists will be wrapped. The light makes it show up more on the camera. In hand it's pretty even to the eye. As for the face I will mixed up some paint and test the color on the dyed leg. I only need a few shades lighter. Over all, I'm happy how it turned out and it was really easy.

Glass bowl in the microwave to boil the water. I found an old thread here from 15'. In it elvis1976 stated he dyed these type of bodies and used acetone to help the plastic take the dye. I don't know if it will work without it or not. I was going to try the watered down paint but I don't know right now where all my stuff is at. As for the amounts, I winged it. My liquid dark drown was all dried up into a powder-but it worked. About 2 cups of water, tablespoon of dye and tablespoon of acetone +-.
From elvis1976:

"Phicen bodies or rubber bodies won't dye. I tried it many times and it doesn't work at all.

I dye quiet a few TTM19 bodies and Kaustic Plastik bodies and those can be dye without a problem.
In order to dye those bodies you have to add Acetone in your dye mix.
Those works cause it's plastic and vinyl.

But rubber bodies forget the dye."

Back